Sign in to follow this  
Regime Change

I am a Bl**dy Moaner

and as long as Worthless is a Moron, I''ll remain a Proud Moaner.   Although I am not really certain if I am a Moaner or just have firm grip on reality. 

If Worthless is such a wonderful manager, I would be greatful if an elected member of Mr Worhtington''s Official Fan Club could provide a plausible explanation for for the following Worthyism''s

1.  Chase was slated when the club sold its best players and replaced them with players from the lower league.  How come Worthlss gets away with selling Jonsson & Svensson & replacing them with Willy Thorne from Abedare Second XI Reserves, and releasing Edworthy and replacing him with a Foreign Exchange Student from Sherwood Forest?

2.  If the team is so well coached, how do you explain Norwich  (AKA the HMS Titanic) having the most uncompleted passes in the Premiership last season?

3.  Why didn''t he explain to the players that the Fulham match wasn''t a friendly (fingers crossed were relegated before the last game of the season, eh?) 

4.  Why did he release MacKay who slogged his guts out for the team in favour of Gary ''Lard Arse'' Doherty

5.  How the h*ll are we supposed to challenge for promotion when Worthy has released or given free transfers to all most half of the players (MacKay, Edworthy, Holt, Mulryne, Roberts to name a few) who got us promoted?

I hope we''re all enjoying being in the Happy Shopper League I think we''re going to be here a while!  I am sure there must be at least 13 Worthy Lovers who are going to slag off this post, but as I think the Pope once said, BRING ''EM ON!

I am one of the 13 odd who should slag off this post - but i can''t be bothered as it is a waste of my time wasting time at work.

1 - Jonsson and Svensson werent that good. Marney and Thorne are just as good and are probably on lower wages. And Colin appears to be as good, if not better than Edworthy.

2 - Well if you didnt notice we only finished one point off the bottom (One point? Possibly two?) So we are hardly going to be good in that particular area! Also we did have Gary Holt in centre midfield..  HMS Titanic?! - Give me strength..

3 - So you genuinely think he didnt take the Fulham game seriously? Thats one of the most... Ah Nevermind.

4 - Because Malky wanted to leave...

5 - Because we have better players than them?

And no Im not one of the Worthy fan club, just a realist..

I''m not sure if there is any need to demonstrate the flaws in your argument. You seem to have done that yourself.

[quote]I am one of the 13 odd who should slag off this post - but i can''t be bothered as it is a waste of my time wasting time at work.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Find me a manager who hasn''t made mistakes and I''ll give you the moon on a stick.

This sort of post is why me, and other like-minded souls, get branded "moaners".

Thanks for that.

Thanks for responding, Trent Canary, but I disagree with most of the comments you''ve made.

1.  Jonsson is/or was an international and had previously played in the Prem and AT LEAST HE COMMANDED A TRANSFER FEE.  If I am not mistaken Cardiff spent most of last season in a relegation battle, so Thorne is hardly a prolific striker.  Although, in fairness he played for Wimbledon ( all right forget I said that).

2.  Norwich may have finished second bottom but with one of the lowest points totals since the Prem was formed. 

3.  Did Worthy take the Fulham game seriously? I don''t know but great teams and great players play the best football when they have to win so something was seriously wrong with how the team prepared for the game. 

4.  I find it impossible to believe that Malky would want to pass up the chance of a life time to play in the Prem.

I am a self confessed Moaner, but I support the club, and the  club is bigger than Worthington and Delia, and it is said that a club with such a great history and tradition and could achieve so much is forced to endure lower league rubbish, because if the likes of NobbyG and the rest have their way the management of the team and the running of the club would never be questionned. 

If you really think the performance of the team and the club last season was a great achivement, watch West Ham.  I''d be willing to be they stay up  They''re better managed, better coached, have spent their money more wisely than Worthy did last season, and most importantly, they believe they belong in the Premiership.

Ahhhhh - suddenly it all becomes clear.

How old are you?

"a club with such a great history and tradition and could achieve so much is forced to endure lower league rubbish"

Certainly not old enough to remember that we only secured top division football permanently in the mid to late eighties. Hardly liverpool, eh?

Malky Mackay''s contribution(s) in the Season(s) from reaching the Play-Off Final, just missing out the following season; and the Championship winning side; were the very reasons he wanted to stay; compare that to the non-contribution(s) (continuous sic)  of C Fleming whose contract was extended and no wonder Malky went.

I am certain that had Phelgm walked, Malky stayed; with his contribution we would have survived in the Premiership; notice the touch of de je vu; one goal up and a certain central defender loses it and costs us two points!

Not the whole reason I know; but a damn big slice of it!

[quote]Thanks for responding, Trent Canary, but I disagree with most of the comments you''ve made. 1. Jonsson is/or was an international and had previously played in the Prem and AT LEAST HE COMMANDED A TRA...[/quote]

1 - Well so far I would say Marney and Jonsson are of a similar standard, would you agree? When we were last in Division one we had Svensson Hucks and Leon, with Iwan as the sub. Now we have Ashton Hucks and Leon, with Thorne as the sub. Now I would certainly say Ashton is better than Svensson.. Would you agree? And I would suggest Thorne and Iwan are similar. (And yes Cardiff were in a relegation battle, which makes Thorne''s 16 or so goals even more of an achievement) Also when had Jonsson previously played in the Prem?

2 - You could say that, but you could also say we were one game from staying up. Depends on your outlook of things I guess. Also where did you get the stat for most uncompleted passes?  Id have thought one of the big teams, who have the majority of possession would play a lot of uncompleted passes, or do you mean in terms of % completion?

3 - If your saying that Worthy didnt take possibly the biggest game of the season seriously then thats a pretty strong accusation. We werent good enough on the day, simple as that. We had won several games in the weeks leading up to fulham. Surely teams go out to play their "best football" every game?

4 - Your original point was "Why did we release Malky?" He was second choice behind Charlton and fleming, he wanted to leave to boost his international chances, we couldnt keep a discontented player, hence he went to West ham.

"and it is sad that a club with such a great history and tradition "

Im sorry, but we dont have a great history and tradition...

Great teams do perform when they have to mate but great teams have players like Keane, Gerrard, Viera (or for those of you old enough to remember, Bremner, Charlton, Best, Robson etc). Norwich do not have these players and in any case, we were relegated because of the points dropped against Palace, Blackburn, Man City, etc not just the Fulham game.

As for poor purchases (something frequently levelled at Worthy, including myself) what about Sir Alex Ferguson, perhaps the greatest ever manager - Forlan, Kleberson, Veron all sold for under-performing. Wenger - Cygan, Wreh, Jeffers. Mourinho - Crespo, Kezman, Parker. The cost for all the above would be something approaching the GNP of Malawi!

All managers make good & bad purchases.

And by the way - I am not a massive supporter of Nigel Worthington or his favourites (Fleming, Holt, Such etc) but he has done a better job than anyone since Mike Walker in very difficult financial times so he can''t be that bad. If we are 14th as we approach December I will be as vitriolic as anybody but a couple of decent purchases in the next couple of days would make City a real force to be reckoned with.