Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Creativity and Attacking Midfielder No10

Ok so im going to mention this again.

We have needed this player for 2 years and generally at no point has this been addressed.

There was rumours that Bennett and Redmond could play this role but we never really saw it, Certainly Fer was the closest thing we had but much better as a box to box player (if we are lucky enough to still have him next season) Similarly Howson offers little when he gets in and around the box. Wes is yesterdays man and doesn''t offer enough. You need 2 out of 3 Assists , Goals and Tackles Wes no longer does that.

I think we need a player that can play anywhere across midfield and in the hole and we should spend whatever money we have in getting a good one that could cut it in the Premier League.

Having this player would allow us to vary the formation whilst keeping both forward momentum and goal threat I hope to never again witness a season like the last one.

I expect us to play 4-4-2 much more in the championship but having a player to replace Snodgrass in 4-4-2 or keep us looking like an attacking force in 4-5-1 or 4--3-3 is vital.

I think we''ll go 4-4-2 with wingers getting to the byline and a CM or 2 marauding forward. If we do go for a number 10 though, I''d like Andre Moritz from Bolton.

I don''t disagree but I think we need the option and getting someone who could also be creative out wide would mean we could accommodate in various formations.

Personally i don''t think we need one in the championship but it really does depend on how Adams implements a certain playing mentality on the current squad.

We have a number of our current midfielders who are more than adequate to do a job in said area and i feel given more freedom to play attacking and creative football we could see one or two of those perform at a good level.

I would try Fer (if he stays) first. He wouldn''t necessarily be good enough in this position in the Premier league but in the Championship he could possibly revel there.

Howson, Redmond, Bennet or even Pilkington could be tried there too.

If we were to get promoted back to the Prem then i would like to see this area addressed again though.

What about this:

*****************Ruddy***************

Martin***Turner***Bennett**Olsson

*********Tettey********Fer************

Bennett*****Redmond***Pilkington

**************Grabban****************

No place for Lafferty, Howson, Hoolahan, RvW, Hooper or Johnson but it looks pretty handy

Think we might be more likely to see Lafferty in that formation than Grabban but cant deny that looks a pretty strong line up but why did Hughton never play Redmond in there ?

What about this:

*****************Ruddy***************

Martin***Turner***Bennett**Olsson

*********Tettey********Fer************

Bennett*****Redmond***Pilkington

**************Grabban****************

No place for Lafferty, Howson, Hoolahan, RvW, Hooper or Johnson but it looks pretty handy

Looks decent enough.

When you really look at all the combinations we could go with next season i think we are a really lucky club.

All the talk about more players coming in is just being a tad greedy imo! Unless players leave.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]But wouldn''t it be great to get a player to give us the flexibility and not have to start from scratch if we are promoted ?[/quote]Picking up a number 10 that is good enough for the Premier League would be pretty tough to do for us now. Probably the position on the field with the least number of available and decent players.

I can''t understand the calls for Redmond to play centrally, his decision making is probably the weakest area of his game.. which is surely the last thing you want from someone playing behind your front man? Also his pace is undoubtedly his best attribute, something he won''t be able to consistently utilise as an attacking midfielder?

Surely this is the season for Howson to make this role his own? He''s told us over and over it''s his favourite postion to play in, now''s the time to show us why! Do I think he''s capable? Definitely!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]JS mentioned André Moritz, but why wasn''t his contract renewed at Bolton. Presumably he''s a free agent now.[/quote]

Wages presumably. They liked him. Leeds were heavily linked but no transfer there has been confirmed. He has a great blend of height and technique that would really fit the bill for us. A slightly less gifted but non-fagile version of Wes.

KeelansGlove wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 9:59 AM:

...................... We have needed this player for 2 years and generally at no point has this been addressed.

During those two years we had a manager playing a very restrictive system where no No.10 would have had the chance to shine.

This is not the time to judge the players we have. We need to judge them in another manager''s system which allows them the freedom to attack.

If they then fail then that will be the time to look for replacements.

Do not underestimate the quality of some of the players we have already.