Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Redmond on the move?

[quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae you''ve got a problem mate :)[/quote]

I actually enjoy Redmond, but he''s unbelievably frustrating and this "potential" you all talk about is NOWHERE close to being met and I doubt he eve comes 25% close to meeting it. If you can get something like 9-10 mill for him, then I''d be happy.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]But we know that he doesn''t want to go at this moment in time. If a bigger club comes in of course he''ll probably want to go, but not because he doesn''t like it here, but because he''ll want to play in a better league at a better club. Although he may demand a move, there''s no reason to sell whilst he''s contracted to this club[/quote]How do you know he doesnt want to go

If we sell him there goes any hope of promotion.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="mrs miggins"]But we know that he doesn''t want to go at this moment in time. If a bigger club comes in of course he''ll probably want to go, but not because he doesn''t like it here, but because he''ll want to play in a better league at a better club. Although he may demand a move, there''s no reason to sell whilst he''s contracted to this club[/quote]How do you know he doesnt want to go[/quote]

Because in local press and a Norwich Press release he said how happy he was!!!! Are you saying that he possibly wasn''t telling the truth? HOW DARE YOU!!!!

[quote user="Wiz"]If we sell him there goes any hope of promotion.[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Wiz"]If we sell him there goes any hope of promotion.[/quote]

Hang on a sec, let me get this right you still have hope??? You''d never believe it from your other doom laden posts.

£6m for a player seen as a future england interational for a prem team that has sold its asset? of course its true soton are keen.

As for those bemoaning his lack of end product his passing, assist making and cross effectiveness were better than our POTS. And he will only get better.

We dont need the cash and we have a three year contract; so anything less than 8 figures cash is unacceptable.

]If we sell him there goes any hope of promotion.

Absolute nonsense, if we get say 7M for him its great business, his approach play may be Premier League his crossing is Non League, a lot of potential is not worth a great deal when we need instant results.

Also I think that his add ons amount to over 1/2 Million still if he stays and plays a fair few games.

The bottom line is if we keep selling our best players we won''t be getting out of the championship anytime soon.

Redmond is one of our better players with bags of potential.

Can understand the snodgrass sale but this one would be strange if we were serious about challenging next season

If Soton offer big money and/or the kid wants to go then he''ll go, we still have Josh Murphy and hopefully a fit Pilkington so won''t be short of decent options on the left.

That said I hope he stays.

city4eva wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 6:18 PM:

How do you know he doesnt want to go

--------------

My point was that although he says (and seems) he''s happy, once a bigger club comes along for him, that changes and he''ll want to leave. Although he''ll want to leave, i''m sure he won''t be as hard to keep as Hoolahan will (he''s wanted to leave for a long time now), therefore it shouldn''t be too hard to just say, ''no, you''ve got a contract to fulfil''

On what evidence are people assuming that we''ll get anywhere near where we ought to be in this league by playing Josh Murphy?

[quote user="splutcho"]On what evidence are people assuming that we''ll get anywhere near where we ought to be in this league by playing Josh Murphy?[/quote]

If you''re good enough you''re old enough.  There''s no reason to suppose he couldn''t make the grade. 

Redmond made a big deal of the fact that he spoke with his Mum after the relegation and wants to stay at Norwich and fight to get us promoted back to the Premier League

If you remember his mum was also a big influence on him choosing us in the first place.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/9319702/transfer-news-nathan-redmond-intends-to-stay-at-norwich-despite-relegation

lake district canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 10:25 PM:

If you''re good enough you''re old enough. There''s no reason to suppose he couldn''t make the grade.

----------------------------------

Have you seen Murphy play? The boy has got nothing but pace. A good impact player for a mid-table team perhaps, but not a regular by any means

[quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 10:25 PM:

If you''re good enough you''re old enough. There''s no reason to suppose he couldn''t make the grade.

Have you seen Murphy play? The boy has got nothing but pace. A good impact player for a mid-table team perhaps, but not a regular by any means[/quote]

Saw him in the Youth Cup semi-finals and final  - and his goal against Watford showed a bit more than just "pace".   No doubt others have seen more of him, but if he is knocking on the door of a first team place - which is presumably why he''s in the squad - then he will gain from that experience and could step up  and develop into a key player. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 10:25 PM:

Have you seen Murphy play? The boy has got nothing but pace. A good impact player for a mid-table team perhaps, but not a regular by any means[/quote]

Saw him in the Youth Cup semi-finals and final  - and his goal against Watford showed a bit more than just "pace".   No doubt others have seen more of him, but if he is knocking on the door of a first team place - which is presumably why he''s in the squad - then he will gain from that experience and could step up  and develop into a key player. 

[/quote]You''re confusing your opinion with fact again, aren''t you?My opinion is that although he shows promise, he''s far from being a first team regular.

The approach implied by the managerial appointment suggests that the strategy of the club is to re-establish in the Championship. Selling our more effective players while retaining our less seems only to reinforce this perception. Having said this Hooper is the most important player we now have left in the squad.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Selling our more effective players while retaining our less seems only to reinforce this perception.[/quote]We''ve only sold one or have I missed something?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The approach implied by the managerial appointment suggests that the strategy of the club is to re-establish in the Championship. Selling our more effective players while retaining our less seems only to reinforce this perception. Having said this Hooper is the most important player we now have left in the squad.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Maybe some of you guys can make use of this?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/howtonotbeadick_zps943c4484.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/howtonotbeadick_zps943c4484.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 10:25 PM:

Have you seen Murphy play? The boy has got nothing but pace. A good impact player for a mid-table team perhaps, but not a regular by any means[/quote]Saw him in the Youth Cup semi-finals and final  - and his goal against Watford showed a bit more than just "pace".   No doubt others have seen more of him, but if he is knocking on the door of a first team place - which is presumably why he''s in the squad - then he will gain from that experience and could step up  and develop into a key player.  [/quote]You''re confusing your opinion with fact again, aren''t you?My opinion is that although he shows promise, he''s far from being a first team regular.[/quote]

Errr.....tell me where I said anything was a fact.   Your opinion is he has promise - as is mine.   My opinion, as I said in my post, is that given the chance he COULD (see what I did there?) develop into a key player.  

Four pages of replies to an article invented by a lazy hack to try to persuade his editor he really is a journalist. And all the usual school playground squabbling by the usual suspects. Some of the regular contributors on here are unbelievable. The expression "keyboard warrior" is extremely apt in their case.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2014 10:25 PM:

Have you seen Murphy play? The boy has got nothing but pace. A good impact player for a mid-table team perhaps, but not a regular by any means[/quote]Saw him in the Youth Cup semi-finals and final  - and his goal against Watford showed a bit more than just "pace".   No doubt others have seen more of him, but if he is knocking on the door of a first team place - which is presumably why he''s in the squad - then he will gain from that experience and could step up  and develop into a key player.  [/quote]You''re confusing your opinion with fact again, aren''t you?My opinion is that although he shows promise, he''s far from being a first team regular.[/quote]Errr.....tell me where I said anything was a fact.   Your opinion is he has promise - as is mine.   My opinion, as I said in my post, is that given the chance he COULD (see what I did there?) develop into a key player.   [/quote]

Ahh....the penny''s dropped. You''re referring to my having seen matches, you tedious bell-end (just added that last bit because its the only language you seem to understand).    The youth cup later stages were full and uninterrupted on ITV4. 

I thought it was Miggins post that was more fact, and that you were offering an opinion.

However on what we saw of Josh in the premier league last year, I agree with Morty''s opinion that at the moment he is still at the showing promise stage.

That said we do not have a great track record of bringing academy players through in recent years and in my view if we are to develop as a club we need to do this more. However the trick surely is to manage the risk by testing them whilst there is still good competition and cover.