Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Redmond on the move?

No the "fee of £6m is likely to be the stumbling block" is the funny bit.

It''s Southampton we are talking about.

Predicable nonsense.

£8m plus massive add-ons.    It''s yer pertenshall you see! 

There may well be something in this given the guys they have lost, but one thing for sure is that they have a shed load of cash and/so Nathan won''t be cheap.

If Players like Redmond are allowed to leave then our road to a return to Premiership Football will be a very long one. I am hoping that we can hold to players like him. lets see????

Worrying story. £6m is selling us massively short. If Wilfred Zaha can command a fee of £15m then Redmond should be worth that at least.

I can see Southampton interested in a couple of our players like Ruddy and Redmond but everyone knows the money they have now. Surely with Redderz securely under contract and not unhappy we should be looking for a lot more than £6m.

Add to that they just bought Dusan Tadic who basically plays the same position as Redmond, I can''t see he''d get regular games there.

He should stay with us at least a season and rip up the championship. If we''re not promoted he can then leave.

With the influential players they have lost, personally I can''t see this being a good move for him! He''s still young and has something to prove and a year in the championship will do him the world of good!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There may well be something in this given the guys they have lost, but one thing for sure is that they have a shed load of cash and/so Nathan won''t be cheap.[/quote]

Not to mention that unlike Snodgrass who only had a year left on his deal, Redmond has 3. People may enjoymanning the panic stations on this forum but our board has proved over the last few years to be anything but a soft touch regarding transfers. We hold the cards on this one and even when we didn''t as with Snoddy we got a great transfer fee.

Let''s say the inevitable happened and he was sold....what do you guys realistically think we should be looking fee wise? £15M ?

Like many of us I could see the sense in letting Snoddy leave for what was after all a pretty decent fee.

The flip side of this is we have been ''enticed'' into letting a player go and as such the overall dynamic has changed. If it was a game of Poker then I''d be inclined to say we have, as a club, blinked or scratched our nose.

A price to pay for being back in the Chumpionship perhaps but irrespective of our Board stating quite clearly we do not have to sell, we have and will I fear do so again.

The sooner we can get to the end of August, get the Transfer Window behind us with as many players of the likes of Redmond still at the club the better.

Stating the bleeding obvious perhaps but you can''t help but feel the vultures have tasted flesh and will be back for more.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Like many of us I could see the sense in letting Snoddy leave for what was after all a pretty decent fee.

The flip side of this is we have been ''enticed'' into letting a player go and as such the overall dynamic has changed. If it was a game of Poker then I''d be inclined to say we have, as a club, blinked or scratched our nose.

A price to pay for being back in the Chumpionship perhaps but irrespective of our Board stating quite clearly we do not have to sell, we have and will I fear do so again.

The sooner we can get to the end of August, get the Transfer Window behind us with as many players of the likes of Redmond still at the club the better.

Stating the bleeding obvious perhaps but you can''t help but feel the vultures have tasted flesh and will be back for more.[/quote]

All a bit melodramatic!! Fact is we are a Champs side without the full Sky wedge coming next year. Try turning this round - why wouldn''t we sell? If a Prem club come in Redmond he will want to go - that is the downside of "relegation clauses". If your salary was halfed (or whatever) by your employer and then another company offered you more than you were getting before would you be happy and perform if your boss told you you had to stay.

Going rate for average (and that is what Redmond is) Prem players seems c£8m.

Got to be realistic, after being relegated from the Prem we''re going to do bloody well to get through the summer only saying bye to Snodgrass.

While we might not desperately need the money there''s still a point when a offer just makes sense to take and you''ve also got to take into account players having their heads turned.

Redmond has obvious potential, his pace off the mark and his ability to go inside or outside make him a threat. As we all know his end product needs to sharpen up a lot but he''s got quite a high ceiling.

£6m would probably be the minimum but I certainly wouldn''t argue if the club sold him for anything north of that.

''Going rate for average (and that is what Redmond is) Prem players seems c£8m.''He may well have had an ''average'' season but he is one of England''s hottest young prospects....if Snoddy is worth £7M then anything below £10M would be an insult!

[quote user="Jeremy God"]''Going rate for average (and that is what Redmond is) Prem players seems c£8m.''He may well have had an ''average'' season but he is one of England''s hottest young prospects....if Snoddy is worth £7M then anything below £10M would be an insult![/quote]Yes, despite a poor season he has youth on his side and is a hot prospect.I would think anything under £10 million will be rejected. Three years left on the contract and no financial pressure on us to sell. We hold all the cards.

If he were to go, I would want upwards of £10m. If that''s the going rate for Rhodes and Mccormack just went for more

The board will truely be tested to how ambitious they are now. Redmond is key to our success next season. So in that regard I wouldn''t except £15 million. We need to be firm - we are under no pressure to sell, and we have recieved an additional £7 million for snoddy. That''s it now key players have to stay. We must reject all offers for any of the players below;

Redmond

Hooper

Howson

Fer

Tettey

Turner

Ruddy

Martin

Olsson

Elliot Bennett.

For me these 10 are absolutely vital if we are to go up at the first attempt. There value will not drop hugely in the next 9 months.

Time to show how serious you are McNally. It''s not all about what you spend on players, but how much your prepared to reject.

[quote user="EGGY "]If Players like Redmond are allowed to leave then our road to a return to Premiership Football will be a very long one. I am hoping that we can hold to players like him. lets see????[/quote]

Yeah, his impressive crosses that would go out of bounds horizontally to where he crossed from and shots 30 feet over the bar EVERY TIME he shot were really impressive and will be sorely missed....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why would be sell him?

why would we sell hooper?

why would we sell fer?

It doesn''t make any sense to sell these players[/quote]

Because 1 of them is garbage and one of them has no end product in sight and isn''t even Championship level?

id accept nothing less than 20 milliona. hes a future england internationalb. we wont find a replacement with 1/2 of his potential, certainly not an english one

mid table obscurity beckons once again

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why would be sell him? why would we sell hooper? why would we sell fer? It doesn''t make any sense to sell these players[/quote]

It may not make any sense to sell these players but if they want to go, for the right price, they will.

But we know that he doesn''t want to go at this moment in time. If a bigger club comes in of course he''ll probably want to go, but not because he doesn''t like it here, but because he''ll want to play in a better league at a better club. Although he may demand a move, there''s no reason to sell whilst he''s contracted to this club