Sign in to follow this  
The Moose

Promotion from the championship

For a bit of fun as it''s way to early to be calling it but who do you think will be the 3 teams to go up

I am going for Derby Fulham and the mighty Canaries.

Who are your three?

Fulham mean business, whilst Wigan got stronger and more settled as last season progressed. Forest and Derby are consistent units at this level and there might well be a dark horse such as Boro.

If we maintain the bulk of our squad it would defy logic if we were not to be there or thereabouts, but our big unknown factor remains Adams himself. That could go either way but because of this I am unable to share the optimism shown by the bookmakers.

Relegated sides find themselves in a stronger position than ever before because of the increased parachutes and the implementation of FFP and the gloomy past statistics relating to yo-yo returns apply less and less nowadays.

It is no coincidence that the three biggest spenders so far have been us, Cardiff and Fulham and that the Championship transfer record has been shattered by the latter.

Said before, but clearly the case, our very best opportunity of a return to the top table lies in the next forty-six fixtures. 

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Wigan

Fulham

Reading

NCFC 9th - 12th

It''s a big ask to expect more from a manager who hasn''t overseen a full season before.[/quote]
Think this about right, I don''t expect us to get promotion, hopefully we will finish top half maybe play offs.

So difficult to judge as I think c15 teams can make the top 6.

Fulham may need too many changes this season,  but will be close,   all the relegated teams should be,

my three would be cardiff,  derby, wigan,  assuming we dont quite make it (not confident at cb or rb & future departures)

Interesting. Negative or realistic?

I think that we have a squad that other teams will be very worried about. Champions for me....

then Fulham and Derby/ Reading.

I predict that Cardiff will implode,

So hard to predict so I could look very silly by the end of the season especially since the transfer window only just opened but I''m going to go with us, Forest and Leeds. Forest look like they will put uncertainty behind them that cost them last season and Leeds are a complete anomaly. They could end up bottom or top in equal measure so I can imagine them getting some unstoppable momentum together and going up via the playoffs.

As for us, I''ve got faith we will keep enough of our squad and believe we''ve got the best squad in the division. If enough of our players are up for it, i see nothing but comfortable promotion but the big question mark will be if the players are up for the fight.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Wigan

Fulham

Reading

NCFC 9th - 12th

It''s a big ask to expect more from a manager who hasn''t overseen a full season before.[/quote]Kind of my expectations. We need to learn how to win again. Hasn''t stopped me putting a fiver on at 12/1 to go up as champions though!

It is difficult to predict until all the transfer dust has settled. I think 19 of the 24 teams have played in the Prem at some point, so it''s definitely going to be tough but I''d go us, Derby and Forest.

As others have said, its difficult to predict until we see the outcome of the transfer window. I think that it will be hard at the start for Norwich: we''ve got the losing habit but I''m hopeful things will come together in time. As for the others -  I''d go with Wigan and Fulham.It will be interesting to see if anyone drags this up at the end of the season. I only will if I am right!

Anything other than top 6 and promotion with the amount of money we get from parachute payments etc will be utter failure.

A couple of conflicting comments on here certainly got me thinking....BUT, regardless of the Management appointment I am convinced that the club would certainly want to bounce straight back up and are assembling the type of squad to enable that to happen.

So, for me......it is Wigan, Norwich City and Blackburn

Other who will be in the mix.......Ipswich, Derby, Forest, Reading and Bolton...with Fulham and Cardiff mid table.

Highland Canary "I don''t think the board would have made the managerial appointment it did had immediate promotion been the strategic objective."

I think a lack of vitamin D and too much oatmeal has left you a little depressed. Get yourself back to sunny Norfolk...

As Fuzar said, all the teams (not just City) have potential to do a lot of work in the transfer market over the next 6 weeks or so, and it''s making this prediction jobby even more difficult than it already is. So Iwould find it tricky to name three.The one thing I''d stress is to see how well NA does in that transfer market during that period, and how things pan out over the first few months of the season. After initial worries I am actually quite confident that he will come up trumps, but  the board MUST have the balls to act quickly and decisively if things are not going to plan. With the right man in charge we should be a strong contender. So if I go with my gut instinct, my view is that we should certainly be in the top six. Whether we''ll be in the top 2 I''d doubt personally. If pushed , I''d go for Fulham and Derby for the automatic two places.

Let''s have some positivity on here.

Whether or not you love Adams, surely you are going to back the team for promotion.

In no particular order:

NCFC

Wolves

Derby

Three for the playoffs:

Fulham

Cardiff

Forest

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Anything less than top 6 would be failure.[/quote]

Totally agree.

There is another thread selecting starting elevens for the coming season and I view the various selections as coming up with some very, very strong teams.

Even allowing for one or two more departures, I would view a failure to at least attain a play-off position as a failure of Adams''s management and the Board''s decision making.

The Club have come a long way in a few seasons. The bank balance is fantastic and we have collected together probably the strongest squad (nb. squad, not team)in our history. If this is squandered in one short season then I would expect Adams and his rather large team to be dispensed with and would hope that Delia & Co. would seriously consider their options.

We would have come full-circle with the old girl and, although I would not put it past her (and co.) to fabricate successful days again, I would see it as time up and would hope that those shares of hers have a large ''For Sale'' sign attached to them.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Anything less than top 6 would be failure.[/quote]

Totally agree.

There is another thread selecting starting elevens for the coming season and I view the various selections as coming up with some very, very strong teams.

Even allowing for one or two more departures, I would view a failure to at least attain a play-off position as a failure of Adams''s management and the Board''s decision making.

The Club have come a long way in a few seasons. The bank balance is fantastic and we have collected together probably the strongest squad (nb. squad, not team)in our history. If this is squandered in one short season then I would expect Adams and his rather large team to be dispensed with and would hope that Delia & Co. would seriously consider their options.

We would have come full-circle with the old girl and, although I would not put it past her (and co.) to fabricate successful days again, I would see it as time up and would hope that those shares of hers have a large ''For Sale'' sign attached to them.

[/quote]

I don''t see how you can rate the current or last season''s squad as the strongest in our history.

Based on what? Inflationary fees and wages?

I can''t believe you think it is ability.

The 88 and 92 squads had far more ability and endeavour. Admittedly, they had better managers to help them.

"I  don''t see how you can rate the current or last season''s squad as the strongest in our history.
Based on what? Inflationary fees and wages?
I can''t believe you think it is ability.
The 88 and 92 squads had far more ability and endeavour. Admittedly, they had better managers to help them."

Fair enough, but I was careful to state ''squad'' not ''team.'' and I feel that both those squads you mentioned lacked the depth of today''s by some way.

This partly reflects our financial position at the moment compared with those heady days. We can afford that bit more quality in depth.

The wide variety of team preferences in the other thread emphasised this strength in depth IMO. It was, for me at least, difficult to decide upon strongest of these.

Such opinions are subjective but we do, for example, have more international players on our books now than at any time in the past and I also believe that the current crop of youngsters that we have is our most talented ever.