Sign in to follow this  
yellowngreen

Came across this

Worth a read,

Not sure if I agree with it all but some relevant points

http://www.thematch.co.uk/painful-might-might-better-losing-best-players/

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Worth a read,

Not sure if I agree with it all but some relevant points

http://www.thematch.co.uk/painful-might-might-better-losing-best-players/[/quote]I agree with most of it, we need committed players who want to be here, and fight for promotion.That said, there seems to be a whole lot of assumption going on about players who want to leave, based on nothing more than gossip.

It is also very true that last season was Hughtons team and a few dont/wont fit into Adams style of play and therefore become surplus to requirements regardless of how valueable they are but the likes of Wiz et all would never understand this and continually bleat on about Delia making money from their sales.

[quote user="morty"]

That said, there seems to be a whole lot of assumption going on about players who want to leave, based on nothing more than gossip.

[/quote]

Agreed Morty what we need is info from someone''s mate who works for an estate agent to tell us who has their house up for sale. [:P]

It pretty much a stock opinion of football supporters in general.

Change the payers names, change the team names and you could apply the piece of writing to most football teams. As Morty pointed out, ''we need committed players who want to be here, and fight for promotion''. Name a league team who hasn''t at some point had fans say that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]That said, there seems to be a whole lot of assumption going on about players who want to leave, based on nothing more than gossip.

[/quote]

Agreed Morty what we need is info from someone''s mate who works for an estate agent to tell us who has their house up for sale. [:P]

[/quote]Like that time someone said Snoddy wasn''t leaving, because he had booked his kids in for swimming lessons in the summer?[;)]

[quote user="Private Frazer"]It pretty much a stock opinion of football supporters in general.

Change the payers names, change the team names and you could apply the piece of writing to most football teams. As Morty pointed out, ''we need committed players who want to be here, and fight for promotion''. Name a league team who hasn''t at some point had fans say that.[/quote]Oh, indeed, it is full of cliches that every relegated team will use.I like to think we''re different though because of good financial stewardship we won''t be held to ransom, either by fancy dan players, or other clubs. I think that if Neil Adams said to the board "I want every single player to stay" that we could pretty much make it happen.As said though, there is a change of management, and a change in playing style, so changes in the playing staff are pretty much inevitable.

It seems to me that Adams is working very professionally on this, effectively bringing in Grabban as Snodgrass leaves (gaining a striker as well as a winger), and Lafferty to take Elmander''s place. It''s a difficult process, as some players clearly want to leave, but until they do, they can''t be replaced. As it stands, we have quality in depth in most positions, which means there should be no need for panic. So far, so good, IMO.