lappinitup

ST sales up

"Club confirms 20,518 ground season tickets sold for 2014-15

CITY’S loyal fans have snapped up season tickets for the 2014-15

Sky Bet Championship campaign, with bumper crowds anticipated once again

at Carrow Road.

A total of 20,518 ground (non-corporate) season tickets have now been

purchased, an increase on the number sold at the same point prior to

last year’s Barclays Premier League season.

Renewals account for 19,335 of those sales, while 1,183 new season

ticket holders have swelled the ranks having joined from the waiting

list. There are still 533 on the waiting list – supporters can add their

name to the list for a full refundable deposit of £50 or £10 for

under-17s by calling 0844 826 1902.

While ground season ticket sales are now closed, there are still a

limited number of corporate season tickets available – to book yours,

call our sales team on 0844 826 1902 (option 2).

City Chief Executive David McNally paid tribute to the loyalty and

passion of the Yellow Army as they prepare to get behind Neil Adams’

Canaries home and away next season.

He commented: “Every club says they have the best supporters around of

course, but the loyalty and commitment of our fans continues to set the

very highest of standards as these latest season ticket figures

illustrate.

“Everyone at the Club is hugely grateful for the backing of our fans at

Carrow Road and of course at away games, where our attendance figures

are also excellent.

“As always our commitment to supporters is that every spare penny raised

via ticket sales and other income-generating areas will be re-invested

into football.”

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140710-season-ticket-figures-2014-15-1738474.aspx#QIodyvMgH1dl1mtk.99

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Inner Circle, happy clapping, pant wetting, fence-sitting, outer ring road apologist binners...... [A][/quote][:D]

I always thought ST sales were capped at 22,000 but this figure (20,518) is 1,500 short of that. Does anybody know how many corporate seats are usually sold?

[quote user="lappinitup"]I always thought ST sales were capped at 22,000 but this figure (20,518) is 1,500 short of that. Does anybody know how many corporate seats are usually sold?[/quote]

Errrrr.... at a rough guess, 1,482

[H]

A lot of these will be closet binners who can''t be bothered to support their local team so cross over from the IP postcodes into Norfolk in the hope of seeing good football.  I''d treat them the way I treat my hemorrhoids, which is to push them back in whenever required and slap the cream on twice daily in the hope they''ll shrivel up and die.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]A lot of these will be closet binners who can''t be bothered to support their local team so cross over from the IP postcodes into Norfolk in the hope of seeing good football.  I''d treat them the way I treat my hemorrhoids, which is to push them back in whenever required and slap the cream on twice daily in the hope they''ll shrivel up and die.[/quote]

You could always hang them up on the City Hall along with your scrotum on August 10th.............

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]A lot of these will be closet binners who can''t be bothered to support their local team so cross over from the IP postcodes into Norfolk in the hope of seeing good football.  I''d treat them the way I treat my hemorrhoids, which is to push them back in whenever required and slap the cream on twice daily in the hope they''ll shrivel up and die.[/quote]

You could always hang them up on the City Hall along with your scrotum on August 10th.............

[/quote]Strangely, and against my wishes, that thread has been pulled so technically my wager no longer exists.Which is a shame, as I enjoyed the London Eye and think this might have been similar.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]A lot of these will be closet binners who can''t be bothered to support their local team so cross over from the IP postcodes into Norfolk in the hope of seeing good football.  I''d treat them the way I treat my hemorrhoids, which is to push them back in whenever required and slap the cream on twice daily in the hope they''ll shrivel up and die.[/quote]

Once again you are slagging off anybody who doesn''t live in Norfolk, you really are a sad case. I would estimate at least five thousand regular fans who travel from elsewhere, time to live in the real world, muppet.

This thread started off with very good, and somewhat surprising news that  Club and supporters have every right to be pleased about.

It has ended up predictably as the playground for those parochial pimple prodders who, wearing their season ticket like a halo, are  actually bothered about the circumstances or motives of their fellow City supporters.

My only thought was that it was a pity that is has not been practical to have carried out some form of ground expansion by now.  

And I live in one of those Norfolk based IP postcodes.

[quote user="InchY"]And I live in one of those Norfolk based IP postcodes.[/quote]Binner.

Old Bor is just having a bit of fun, getting himself through the day - don''t take on so...

I apologise for misrepresenting my own position, and that of the club.Fans living in Norfolk but in IP postcode areas are of course welcome to join the brotherhood, as the postal code is an arbitrary decision made by the Post Office and not reflective of true regional boundaries.Fans born in Norfolk but living elsewhere, including Suffolk, can certainly be tolerated and may be listened to or even interacted with on occasion, though many of them have had their brains addled by living amongst furriners and shouldn''t be trusted with money or travel arrangements.Fans not born in Norfolk and not living in Norfolk are a curiosity to me and certainly best avoided.  In my experience they are the first to turn on the club when times get hard.  In terms of support, they are the upper River End to the Norfolk boy''s Barclay.Trust this is clear.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Old Bor is just having a bit of fun, getting himself through the day - don''t take on so...[/quote]Breakfast at eight and medication and elevenses at, er, eleven.  This three hour stretch is the hardest part, and no old sod to even help me with the Telegraph crossword.

Breakfast at eight and medication and elevenses at, er, eleven. This three hour stretch is the hardest part, and no old sod to even help me with the Telegraph crossword.

Bloody Tory 😜

A good attempt at pin pointing the definition of a plastic although a little Conservative for my taste.

Leaving the area and moving abroad for example means you are voluntarily leaving the tribe and as a result automatically fall into the plastic camp

Why have the prices not been reduced following relegation?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Why have the prices not been reduced following relegation?[/quote]

They have in effect as you get more games.

Us casuals pay the same per game though.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I apologise for misrepresenting my own position, and that of the club.

Fans living in Norfolk but in IP postcode areas are of course welcome to join the brotherhood, as the postal code is an arbitrary decision made by the Post Office and not reflective of true regional boundaries.

Fans born in Norfolk but living elsewhere, including Suffolk, can certainly be tolerated and may be listened to or even interacted with on occasion, though many of them have had their brains addled by living amongst furriners and shouldn''t be trusted with money or travel arrangements.

Fans not born in Norfolk and not living in Norfolk are a curiosity to me and certainly best avoided.  In my experience they are the first to turn on the club when times get hard.  In terms of support, they are the upper River End to the Norfolk boy''s Barclay.

Trust this is clear.

[/quote]

Scumbags the lot of them. Don''t trust ''em. They''ll turn on you at the drop of a hat.