Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

21 man squad for Dereham

[quote user="Herman "]

City press office in ''rounding up Jews and Communists'' shocker!!

[/quote]

And anyone called Herman is immediately under suspicion in my books .[:P]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]This is outrageous behaviour with Wolfy, if what he posts on twitter can be taken at face value of course. If he''s being deliberately outted/snubbed i have lost all respect for Adams before a ball has been kicked.[/quote]

Why is Adams decision to leave Wolfswinkel out of the squad outrageous ? If he isn''t in Adams''s plans there''s no point in playing him as the manager needs to find his best formation asap.

Could be argued perhaps that Wolfswinkel be included for PR reasons but Adams is the manager and he has to make the hard decisions.

You could look at it from a different perspective that some of the junior members of the squad such as Loza, Gafaiti, Murphy(s) would benefit more from being part of the squad than Bunn, RVW and Bassong.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]Yup, it''s definitely not Goering wrong.[/quote]

Seig Heil! [;)]

Just posted this on the other thread:

Is Adams taking a leaf out of Lamberts book? Remember the first thing he did was freeze out Wes and Doherty to see how they responded. They both buckled down and became key players again. Maybe Adams is doing this because he thinks he either gets two key players performing to their best, or they confirm Adams'' suspicions by not responding in the way Wes and Doherty did and then it makes it easy for him to sell them on. Questionable man-management, but it might ultimately be a stroke of genius

What I dont understand is why there has been no official explanation. All the signs are that RvW and Bassong are both being snubbed or he is trying to get a reaction out of them. If Adams didnt want either of them, why not simply officially transfer list them, or do what Roeder did with Lappin (not that Im condoning it) and come out and say they have no future at the club? To not burn bridges? Perhaps, but what he IS doing is pretty blunt.

Someone posted (when Adams took over) a lot of reliable information that came via a friend of Adams son, most notably that Adams intended on playing Redmond up front, which subsequently proved accurate. This same person also said that Adams rated RvW and felt he was a 20 goal a season striker. Adams certainly put his faith in RvW at the start of his 5 game run. He froze Bassong out, but repeatedly said he was part of the squad and had a part to play. A lot of mixed messages going on here.

What I also do not understand is the captaincy issue. One of Hughtons most p*ss-poor ideas (two captains) but Martin is clearly the man being backed by Adams. Martin said he wanted to be a CB ages ago, something Hughton didnt grant him - first thing Adams did. Being given Bassongs number speaks volumes about who ''the man'' is and where he will be playing. But unless I have missed something, Bassong has not been officially stripped of the captaincy, nor has Martin been promoted to proper captain (in an official capacity)

Ricky wasn''t scoring on grounds of Ability... what evidence do we have to indicate he has improved the standard required to win games?

there are a number of reasons they are not playing, we can speculate. However, it''s telling for me. the 2 players who ultimately failed the worst last season are not playing against amateur opposition in the first pre season friendly.

Being kept "injury free" and wrapping up moves...

I really can''t understand the Ricky Love in... the guy is hopeless.... Adam''s perhaps sees this.. I await to be proved wrong by him being signed by a premiership side and reaching double figures in goals.. but that''s not going to happen.

Finally, someone has surpassed Dean Coney as our worst ever player.

RvW was arguably hopeless in a Norwich shirt, but looked the business and had a great scoring record for other teams. There is a discrepancy here. The division is whether you are in the ''he''s rubbish because he didnt do it in yellow and green in the Prem'' something which could be attributable to many other less simplistic factors, or whether you believe that we bought a highly coveted prolific striker, that despite his disappointing perfromance, we would be crazy not to persist with''. I think most people would be behind getting rid if he had a second terrible season. But correct the problems the team definitely had last season (RvW wasnt the only player who underperformed - it was universal), we might still have ourselves a diamond.

Footballers and people are not robots or machines. They are more complex, and sometimes they need a bit of love

I saw Mark Bunn coming leaving my gym yesterday with another player (didn''t recognise him) in their full Norwich training kits. Then when I left and got into my car I heard Wes Hoolahan shout over to the Murphys "You going Colney". I''m not buying into this "extended break". Unless those lot were just playing catch up with a bit of extra training. Saw some posh cars out the front so there must have been other players there.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]I saw Mark Bunn coming leaving my gym yesterday with another player (didn''t recognise him) in their full Norwich training kits. Then when I left and got into my car I heard Wes Hoolahan shout over to the Murphys "You going Colney". I''m not buying into this "extended break". Unless those lot were just playing catch up with a bit of extra training. Saw some posh cars out the front so there must have been other players there.[/quote]

Trust me. I have better things to do than come onto a forum and make things up.

Not surprisingly, lots of people are looking for a sinister hidden agenda behind RvW''s omission from the squad for DerehamSurely the press folk down at CR must have had at least a slight inkling that the omission would ask more questions than it answers, and all sort of guessing/mind games would ensue ? So would it not have been sensible to try and just put in some sort of explanation, particularly if it''s a simple matter like he''s carrying an injury . If RvW genuinely is not in NA''s plans, then am I alone in thinking that it would be better for all concerned if the club came clean and made that information public ?

Manchester Canary,

Your gym is Virgin then. Despite what jas the barclay king says, the entire squad (or most f them) were there yesterday, as Virgin offers some facilities Colney doesn''t.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]I saw Mark Bunn coming leaving my gym yesterday with another player (didn''t recognise him) in their full Norwich training kits. Then when I left and got into my car I heard Wes Hoolahan shout over to the Murphys "You going Colney". I''m not buying into this "extended break". Unless those lot were just playing catch up with a bit of extra training. Saw some posh cars out the front so there must have been other players there.[/quote]

Players who play in the summer friendlies are always given a week or two extra break depending on when their last friendly was. Doesn''t mean the players aren''t in Norwich though, they have homes and families here, and they will of course continue to maintain their own fitness as it is expected of them by the club.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Why is Adams decision to leave Wolfswinkel out of the squad outrageous ? If he isn''t in Adams''s plans there''s no point in playing him as the manager needs to find his best formation asap.[/quote]
Well, this is the point - if he''s not in the managers plans then how the hell does he defend his ''everyone has a fair chance/clean slate'' stance by not including your most expensive striker, who just happened to be dropped publicly in the final game of the season.  Does that sound like a fair chance?
I have no objections if Adams doesn''t think he''s up to it, the objection i have is to watch a Norwich player treated in this way... If, what has been posted on twitter by Wolfy himself he looks very much up for the fight and appears to have some decent loyalty to us.  I can only see signs from club and manager that they''re turning their back on him in the hope that he''ll go elsewhere.
That''s what i find outrageous. 

[quote] Could be argued perhaps that Wolfswinkel be included for PR reasons but Adams is the manager and he has to make the hard decisions.[/quote]

Prefer for hard decisions to be backed up by clear thoughts personally.  I have this horrible feeling that Adams'' mind was made up end of season, after which he''s sat with the board fully expectant for Wofly to want to leave, and marked him firmly down as no longer required stating he hasn''t the right attitude, and that he wants fighters here etc. - and so never had him in his plans when buying through summer, offering new players (Grabban etc) starting places to get the deals done most likely.
If true - he''s now in the position that if he includes wolf and he does well, he may be forced into thinking of him as one of his starting players - which would have the knock on effect of u-turning on agreements he''s had with players, and of course his initial assessment to the board which would now appear to be a wrong judgement made, so he''d have to hold his hand up on that, not publicly of course, but certainly to McNally and co. internally - all this before the season even starts.
He was desperate for the job end of season, and he made some very public statements dropping bassong, and excluding Wolf on the final day, i wouldn''t be surprised if he''s made a rod for his own back right now at least in terms of with the board and their summer plans.

Bethnal - I was trying to make the point that it seemed like an official club training session. Which seems odd that Hoolahan would be there if he was granted a longer break. Unless like you said he felt he needed to improve his fitness.

I thought historically, the local games against the likes of Kings Lynn, Lowestoft etc were for the players to get 45 minutes, but mainly to give some of the youngsters a runout as well.

It''s funny how conspiracy theories thrive in the absence of information. Perhaps we''ll have a better view of this when we see the line-up for next week''s match.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It''s funny how conspiracy theories thrive in the absence of information. Perhaps we''ll have a better view of this when we see the line-up for next week''s match.[/quote]

Should have better idea as soon as the press get a chance to speak to Adams. Hopefully this will prompt a few questions about specific player''s futures.

Not bothered to read all of the messages on here, a couple of things to note, the actual squad that matters is the one that goes over to Italy, if anyone is omitted from that you can pretty much see where that is going

Any slight twitch in pre-season means you don''t get risked and also note the fact that there are at least 5 strikers in that squad already, may well be that RvW will play on Tuesday instead and another forward not

IN previous seasons we have taken half a squad to these games and filled up with youngsters

Ricky no way to be hold he must be with record break money per week .

25k+ for championship is non sense...

[quote user="Boris"]Ricky no way to be hold he must be with record break money per week .

25k+ for championship is non sense...[/quote]Or maybe that figure is inaccurate?Just a thought....