Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

21 man squad for Dereham

Norwich City squad to travel to Dereham Town: John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin, Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Jonny Howson, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Luciano Becchio, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy, Declan Rudd (GK), Alexander Tettey, Andrew Surman, Adel GafaitiRead more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140710-dereham-town-preview-1737906.aspx#cwbeUPvoSpSMtc8j.99

So, Becchio in, but no place for Bassong, Bunn and RVW who have been training, Pilks, Wes and Fer extended break due to international commitments and I think Ollson had operation on his shoulder.

If no injuries, here''s your answer then to RVW.......

A pity but I just can''t see the wolf adjusting to the championship. I liked his character but he just wasn''t a great buy. Not one of Hughtons better decisions

[quote user="The Moose"]A pity but I just can''t see the wolf adjusting to the championship. I liked his character but he just wasn''t a great buy. Not one of Hughtons better decisions[/quote]

Everyone was pretty happy with the move at the time. Young, had a good record, not stupidly expensive for a striker. Quite a good buy that didn''t work out for many reasons.

This is outrageous behaviour with Wolfy, if what he posts on twitter can be taken at face value of course.

If he''s being deliberately outted/snubbed i have lost all respect for Adams before a ball has been kicked.

Dave wrote the following post at 11/07/2014 8:28 AM:

"No Pilks or Hoolahan either"

They were playing for the ROI so get an extended break.

Canary Willo, you said, "I think Ollson had operation on his shoulder".

He didn''t, it would have meant a 3 or 4 month recovery period, which of course would have meant he would be less saleable!!

If they don''t make the 21 man squad then they must be off. I take it that NA has made their futures clear otherwise the atmosphere could become poisonous. Wasn''t Bassong in trouble at the end of last season?

Totally agree with you.

It seems VERY strange that if you take away Wes and Pilks who were on international duty and Olsson who I believe had surgery over the summer, the only ones missing are Bassong and van Wolfswinkel.

We all know Bassong is training with the youth team, so I guess we all know he''ll be going, but why snub van Wolfswinkel? Sure he didn''t do what most of us thought he would last season (I don''t remember anyone moaning about the signing at the time) but I thought Adams said everyone would get a fresh start? Clearly not...

Becchio in the squad and not van Wolfswinkel? Do me a favour...

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]This is outrageous behaviour with Wolfy, if what he posts on twitter can be taken at face value of course.

If he''s being deliberately outted/snubbed i have lost all respect for Adams before a ball has been kicked.[/quote]

Sorry, the above post was meant to have this quote in it...

cityforever,

You must have been composing your post as I was posting my previous one, because Olsson has not had surgery (see my earlier post).

However well or not he played last season, you don''t leave your £8.5m record signing out of the squad unless he''s injured or leaving.

There doesn''t appear to be an issue with his attitude so if Adams IS trying to make a point by snubbing RVW then this does not bode well.

Pure speculation but all sounds a bit too much like Roeder for my liking...

Can''t see it that the Wolf has been snubbed. Adam''s said everyone will get to play a half in this match you can''t do that with a 21 man squad. There must be a valid reason why he''s missing.

No Bunn in that squad also.

Strange for RvW to be involved in all the training at SGP and then left out of the 21 for this game. Bassong didn''t travel to Burton so not being in the squad is to be expected.

God knows what is going on with Olsson, as Ray says he never had the surgery and he hadn''t returned to Norwich before all the players went to SGP (where he also didn''t travel to) - Seems very strange that the local media haven''t just asked Adams in one of the pressers what is going on with RvW, Bassong (think we all know anyway) and Olsson.

Hard to know how much to read into the first squad, but if that means Adams wants to hold on to in-demand Hooper, who has a fine record in the Championship, in preference to van Wolfswinkel, who barely looked like any kind of professional footballer last season, that strikes me as a good sign.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]wait a minute people, can''t we just wait for an explanation before you all blow your heads off?[/quote]

But it wouldn''t be the Pink ''Un if we did that.

Herman wrote the following post at 11/07/2014 10:08 AM:

But it wouldn''t be the Pink ''Un if we did that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

True..alright then.....I''ve heard Roma want to buy him and he''s looking to sue us for emotional distress

It''s a pre-season friendly against Dereham Town guys! Why are we reading so much in to it? There are 5 strikers in the squad, 8 midfielders and 6 defenders. Someone has to miss out. I''m actually more surprised that Gaifiti is the only young defender in the squad. Surely Kyle McFadden would have benfitted from some exposure in the match? 

It''s a match against Dereham. Perhaps RvW picked up a knock. How about we wait until the presser before saying his NCFC career is finished!

I''ve been really impressed with Ricky''s attitude since relegation, he strikes me as a very genuine young man who desperately wants to show what he can do for us. I''m hoping it''s just that he''s picked up a small injury in training, as if he''s being sold off or excluded, I won''t be impressed. Give Ricky a chance - I remember Iwan''s first season, as I''m sure many of you will.

It certainly isn''t beyond the realms of possibility that a few knocks have been picked up in getting back to training, so anyone missing could easily come in that category - but you''d think the club might say so in their own story

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Hard to know how much to read into the first squad, but if that means Adams wants to hold on to in-demand Hooper, who has a fine record in the Championship, in preference to van Wolfswinkel, who barely looked like any kind of professional footballer last season, that strikes me as a good sign.[/quote]

[quote user="Alex "]I''ve been really impressed with Ricky''s attitude since relegation, he strikes me as a very genuine young man who desperately wants to show what he can do for us. I''m hoping it''s just that he''s picked up a small injury in training, as if he''s being sold off or excluded, I won''t be impressed. Give Ricky a chance - I remember Iwan''s first season, as I''m sure many of you will.[/quote]Absolutely agree.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s a match against Dereham. Perhaps RvW picked up a knock. How about we wait until the presser before saying his NCFC career is finished![/quote]

City''s press office is more like the Gestapo headquarters these days!

[img]http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/triumph/stop-search.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s a match against Dereham. Perhaps RvW picked up a knock. How about we wait until the presser before saying his NCFC career is finished![/quote]

City''s press office is more like the Gestapo headquarters these days!

[img]http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/triumph/stop-search.jpg[/img]

[/quote]
Wow. Just wow.