Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Your starting 11

Ok, its a pretty pointless task but just for a bit of fun. If we were to keep the squad we currently have, who would be in your starting 11 and why. What tactics etc..

Ruddy

Whittaker   Bennett   Martin   Olson

Tettey

Howson         Fer

Redmond

RVW      Lafferty

Redmond to act as a floater between midfield and attack. NOT just in centre but left and right side too. Got the speed and fitness to do the job. Will not perform Hoolahan role of making things happen but to run round, attacking full backs and chasing loose balls.

RVW to be our goalscorer with Lafferty a target man to knock things down to him.

Fullbacks bombing forward with Tettey covering to form a back 3 when on the attack.

With redmond fullfilling that role it would mean the team would be fluid and able to spring an attack from all directions of the pitch. Instead of having two set wingers whos job would be to hog the line.

What you guys think??

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]   

Ruddy

Tettey

Howson         Fer

Redmond

RVW      Lafferty

[/quote]

I think we may get another right back and I would put Turner in ahead of Bennett.   Tettey Fer Howson in midfield should have done the business last season, but did not play that many games together - and so the jury is out on them as a midfield three. Like the idea of Redmond behind RVW and Lafferty - and Lafferty can play wide too.  How about three centre backs with tho wing backs.  Basically a 352  with Redmond being more of a "floater"  with a strong emphasis on attack, but with able wing backs to cover the defence - cover being something we lacked last season

Ruddy

Bennett Martin Turner

E. Bennett  Fer Howson  Olsson

Redmond

RVW Lafferty

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]   

Ruddy

Tettey

Howson         Fer

Redmond

RVW      Lafferty

[/quote]

I think we may get another right back and I would put Turner in ahead of Bennett.   Tettey Fer Howson in midfield should have done the business last season, but did not play that many games together - and so the jury is out on them as a midfield three. Like the idea of Redmond behind RVW and Lafferty - and Lafferty can play wide too.  How about three centre backs with tho wing backs.  Basically a 352  with Redmond being more of a "floater"  with a strong emphasis on attack, but with able wing backs to cover the defence - cover being something we lacked last season

Ruddy

Bennett Martin Turner

E. Bennett  Fer Howson  Olsson

Redmond

RVW Lafferty

[/quote]

No Hooper who does score goals?

(4-3-3) Ruddy, Martin, Turner, R.Bennett, Olsson, Tettey, Fer, Howson, Redmond, Hooper, RVW

or

(4-1-2-1-2) Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bennett, Olsson, Fer, Redmond, Pilkington, Hoolahan, RVW, Hooper

or

(4-2-3-1) Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bennett, Olsson, Fer, Howson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Pilkington, RVW

Regardless of that, we have a very good squad for a championship side and you could easily replace any of those players and maintain quality. Lafferty, Grabban, E.Bennett, Johnson, Garrido, Bassong, Whittaker to name a few, are all capable and retains a starting XI that should beat anyone in the league.

I don''t trust RvW or Hooper as a lone striker after last season! Grabban or Lafferty but probably the former as Laffs isn''t an out and out goal getter would get the nod then.

Basically:

Grabban is an all rounder, could fit most systems but we have better technical strikers.

RvW is a no go in a 1, needs a "slave to bring him chances but probably our best technical striker

Hooper is similar to above but more composure and natural striking ability than technique

Lafferty is there to be a number 2 forward. He''ll get the odd goal but he''s there to link up play and ruffle feathers.

Becchio is a potential alternative option if we go 1 up top but will probably leave.

Therefore I think the best combo is 2 up top with either Grabban or Lafferty with either RvW or Hooper.

We need a couple of midfielders who can actually pass the ball Imo main reason for relegation last season as we could never build any pressure on anybody as they would just kick the ball out of play numerous times in a game

In my head that might well be the strongest set of forwards/strikers that we have had for a long time.

The problem is that, in reality, we have yet to witness them firing up, either because of last year''s floppery or because they are new.

On paper ...................... etc., etc., etc.

I would be very happy to hit those Championship defences with this strike-force, including Lucy, and believe that the quality and quantity is there in order to cope with the 46 game, rough and tumble season that confronts us.

Rather rely on the likelihood of an £8m Dutch-capped (excuse me)  RVW  finally coming good that the equine prowess of a Frank Nouble, which is their lot down the road ..... and they are currently and universally bigging up their chances for the coming season.   

Ruddy

Whittaker         Martin                 Turner                Olsson (if still here)

Tettey

Redmond                  Howson                       Bennett

Grabban             Hooper (if still here)

4-1-3-2

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Fer Pilkington

Lafferty Grabban

I''ve just guessed with the strikers because I got fed up of watching RVW and Hooper''s feeble efforts last season.

------------------Ruddy-----------------

------Martin--Bassong--Bennett---

Bennet---------Tettey--------Olsson

------------Fer--------Howson---------

----------Hooper---Grabban----------

pace and counter attack...just the way Adams predictably likes it

Assuming no one else leaves:

Ruddy

Whitaker, Bennet, Martin, Olsson

Bennet, Howson, Fer, Redmond

Grabban, Hoops

and dropping grabban for Tettey is we need a 451.

easy. where did i put old Neeyuls phone number...?

ruddy martin  bennett  maguire garridoredmond howson johnson murphy                   hughes                   lafferty

hooper, fer & olsson are likely to be sold, buy will hughes and harry maguireb team                   ruddwhittaker turner some1 some2                  tetteymurphy surman hoolahan pilkington                 grabban

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]>buy will hughes I''ll have some of what you''ve been taking.[/quote]i dont think its impossibleif city were really in the running for mccormack then we have the money to spend, we certainly will have once fer, hooper, olsson and (hopefully not) redmond have gonewe would be a step up from Derbyi think the biggest problem would be convincing him playing for neil adams is a better option than shteve mcclaren

4-3-3

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Turner

CB. Bassong

RB. Martin

DM. Fer

CM. Howson

CM. Hoolahan

LF. Pilks

ST. RVW

RF. Redmond

Rudd, Bennett, Johnson, Surman, Grabban, Hooper, Lafferty

I think Adams will go with something like this against Wolves (obviously open to change with departures and more buys)
                    Ruddy
Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson
E. Bennett Howson Fer  Redmond (with licence to drift inside)
                Laffery  Hooper
4-4-2''s, whilst somewhat limiting at the highest level of football where 5 man midfields have become common, are usually quite succesful in the lower leagues where it remains the default formation in most cases or where most teams lack the skill or nous to utilise the man advantage if they play a 4-5-1 variant.

4231 for me - have gone with those players I expect to be here come season start

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Garrrido

Tettey Howson

Grabban Redmond Pilkington

Lafferty or RvW

A lot of deluded fools on this thread if u think Adams going to start with the Wolf

Did any of u see him play live last season he was pathetic - no chance of a starting birth

people are also misguided if they think lafferty or grabban are better footballers than hooper or rvw,    i have no doubt they may flourish  under adams tactics at a lower standard of football but if they do then so would last years strikers.  

I don''t know zip, if RVW is still here, I think he has a lot to prove. He has the technical ability but had an awful season and he needs to prove that he''s better than Grabban (who now a proven goalscorer in this league). Although if playing to their potentials, RVW is a great player from the games I saw him play for Sporting, whereas I have only heard thing about Grabban (works hard, but not very clinical)

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]>buy will hughes

I''ll have some of what you''ve been taking.
[/quote]

i dont think its impossible

if city were really in the running for mccormack then we have the money to spend, we certainly will have once fer, hooper, olsson and (hopefully not) redmond have gone

we would be a step up from Derby

i think the biggest problem would be convincing him playing for neil adams is a better option than shteve mcclaren
[/quote]

He''s just signed a new 4 year deal at Derby, but even if that wasn''t the case Norwich would have no hope in signing him. He''d never leave Derby to move to another Championship side and if Premier League clubs got news he was available then at least 4 or 5 would come in for him.