Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Paper Talk

Really depends on what system Adams wants to play.Both RVW and Hooper are players that want balls played for them to run onto, either from a through ball or a quick pass across the area, and if we''re not going to provide this sort of supply, then we may as well sell if the money is right.I however think that a front two of RVW AND Hooper would be the best option, with Lafferty and Grabban giving us cover and alternatives where needed based on form, injuries and opposition (plus I think both Lafferty and Grabban can play wider if needed as well).

I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....[/quote]I agree, I would be disappointed with anything less than 8m.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Really depends on what system Adams wants to play.Both RVW and Hooper are players that want balls played for them to run onto, either from a through ball or a quick pass across the area, and if we''re not going to provide this sort of supply, then we may as well sell if the money is right.I however think that a front two of RVW AND Hooper would be the best option, with Lafferty and Grabban giving us cover and alternatives where needed based on form, injuries and opposition (plus I think both Lafferty and Grabban can play wider if needed as well).[/quote]Who knows but - based on last season and on the two sgnings we have made - I would be  astonished if Adams, assuming he IS contemplating two up front, would then pick Hooper AND van Wolfswinkel. Of all the possible formations with particular players that strikes me as by far the least likely.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Would people be happy with that kind of fee, seeing as we paid 5.5m for him. Should we be seeing him as having increased his value or not?[/quote]Hmm.....on what evidence would we base such an assertion , though, GMD ?Sure, he was playing in a struggling team overseen by a tactician (sic) who did not play to Hooper''s strengths (to put it mildly), but in a wider context, would we really say that he''s proved himself to be a Prem lge operator?Not sure if there were any sell on clauses to Celtic, but if we could get somewhere between 6 and 7 mill for him, and all that money would, as BBB says, tip the balance in favour of our securing a real quality creative midfielder, then I''d deal, if it was up to me.

I''ve posted before that i believe the hoops /rvw up front could work well, but only if we play to their strengths, as indy suggests. Options could include Lafferty playing a Chris Sutton (fantastic all round player much underrated) type role, either hooper or ricky could then work off him.

The departure of the dominant figure of Snoddy will open up many more possibilities to the team,i expect a much faster, more threatening style of play, with pace out wide . Grabban will be a handy option to add to the attack, quite looking forward to it really.

The only paper i trust is the guardian, i think they may even check their sources and info now and again.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....[/quote]According to the papersSnoddy was touted as having had a £6 million bidFer to QPR £6 millionRedmond to Southampton £6 millionHooper to QPR £6 millionRuddy to Arsenal £6 millionCan you see a pattern here?

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....[/quote]According to the papersSnoddy was touted as having had a £6 million bidFer to QPR £6 millionRedmond to Southampton £6 millionHooper to QPR £6 millionRuddy to Arsenal £6 millionCan you see a pattern here?

[/quote]They''re all south of Norwich?

No fear of losing Ruddy. He is a good keeper, but Rudd could easily step up and do a job, especially at this level.

Ruddy would command a fee of at least 8 mill though, probably closer to 10 mill.

Besides, he does not want to go, as he is settled in the area with family, etc. Ruddy strikes me as a family man, not a glory hunter going after the money.

As for Fer, he is more likely to leave, although nothing from himself suggests so. I can imagine his agent is looking for a move (and paycheck).

Fer should command more than 8 mill, and McNasty is no slug when it comes to dealing.

For me, the jury is still out on Fer. I think he has got more in him than he showed last year, and without the restraints put on him by Hughton, he should do better. But not convinced about his energy levels. Seems to be a bit slack, and low frequency, low tempo. Not what we need in the Championship...

Would love to see him here for this season though, but struggle to see it happening. And if one of the Dutch go, then the other likely will as well.

Both Fer and RvW may think one of the following:

1. Leave now, with a bit of my reputation left, and get a decent contract elsewhere at a higher level.

or

2. Stay for another season at Norwich, under a new regime, new playing style, then impress and get a move (and better choices of moves) next season.

or

3. Stay at Norwich, play poorly under poor tactics not suited to my playing style, and see my value sink even further, and my career ruined....

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....[/quote]According to the papersSnoddy was touted as having had a £6 million bidFer to QPR £6 millionRedmond to Southampton £6 millionHooper to QPR £6 millionRuddy to Arsenal £6 millionCan you see a pattern here?

[/quote]It is clearly the nationally accepted minimum figure for a lower half Premiership player who has been relegated. Its big enough to be believable, but not too big to be ridiculous!

Hard to tell from one pre season game but last seasons pattern of poor finishing, limited interest in playing a team game, poor link up play and woeful movement being repeated by hooper, as well as questionable fitness, suggests he is not looking to improve let alone be the star striker next season.

Hooper is far from the most important player to keep.

£6m - Redmond

£6m - Fer

£7m - Ruddy

Not going to happen. £10m each as a minimum i wouldve thought.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not think we''d deal for that amount, we signed him ''cheap'' as he was going into the final year of his contract, so with a full PL season under his belt and 2 years remaining we''d surely be looking for quite a bit more than 6m. Whether we want him to go, I''m not sure....[/quote]

According to the papers

Snoddy was touted as having had a £6 million bid
Fer to QPR £6 million
Redmond to Southampton £6 million
Hooper to QPR £6 million
Ruddy to Arsenal £6 million

Can you see a pattern here?

[/quote]

Lee Majors was a Six Million Dollar Man, although he was worth it and could really run. He''s over the hill now but I don''t think he''s in The Big Valley yet.

It is interesting to observe the extent to which Snodgrass and Hooper are denigrated on this board but are hightly sought after by tier one teams. Does the same hold true for Ruddy, Fer and Redmond or, perhaps, they''re too poor for us as well?

so its ruddy to arsenal and fer to qpr

possibly hooper out as wellnothing like ripping the spine out of your teamwont be in the top 8

sell up delia

Christ sake, pant wetters absolutely everywhere!

I wouldn''t like anyone to leave but surely we could get £7-8 mill for Fer after his World Cup campaign and didn''t we turn down a reported £10 mill from Chelsea for Ruddy?

These figures are what I would consider decent business.

Fer ought to be a minimum of £10 million if we are to sell him.World cup goalscorers don''t sell for £6 million.And is Marshall is worth £15 million, then so is Ruddy.