Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Adams' Interviews

For the first time in ages we finally have a manager who doesn''t give bland run of the mill interviews. Whatever your feelings on him as a manager, he is definitely more interesting to watch / listen to than Hughton and Lambert.

I remember Walker was always great in interviews, Rodent

made my skin crawl. I don''t really have stand out memories of the rest. I''ve seen O''Neill enough since to imagine what he would have been like I suppose. Didn''t Grant just slag off the players every week?

Aye, Walker gave top interviews. The one about the magic half time potion after that 4-2 win at Highbury sticks in my mind. Adams comes across in quite a similar way. He''s honest but diplomatic enough to get away with that.

[quote user="kick it off"]Aye, Walker gave top interviews. The one about the magic half time potion after that 4-2 win at Highbury sticks in my mind. Adams comes across in quite a similar way. He''s honest but diplomatic enough to get away with that.[/quote]The problem is that these days almost everyone who is charged with giving any sort of public utterance has to be ''on message'' or similar . Football managers are no different, though occasionally you get someone like Holloway who seems to work outside those constraints.In fairness to Hughton, as a Prem Lge manager he had to give interviews to all and sundry, National press , BBC news, MOTD, Sky etc . He presumably was having all types of microphone shoved in front of him at all hours of the day. The tendency must be to clam up and make sure you never say the wrong thing. By contrast, Adams will have far fewer interviews to conduct as a Champ manager, and from a much more parochial group. I do not suppose Sky will be that interested (unless they are covering one of our games). Nor will MOTD or BBC news other than Look East. And how many papers will be beating a path to his door other than the EDP ?! So he will presumably be a bit freer to express himself.

anyone else noticed he always looks like he has been crying ! red watery eyes ? stress or pressure ? that''s the bit that worries me ........

It''s weird but when I watched PL he never ever inspired me when he spoke, the opposite to be honest, I used to wonder how he inspired the players, they first had to understand what he said for example. This led me to the belief, that despite all of his strengths and success, his coaching team played a HUGE part in his success or, he had an amazing interpreter in the dressing room.

As for NA, he really does not do it for me either, but I feel that he will grow into the role and hopefully inspire us all!

Lambo was a motivator in the Clough style. Anyone who attended one of his supporters meetings would confirm this.

I notice that all those on this board who defended Hughton again again and again are the same who are bulling up Adams.

Whilst I do have more hope with Adams, it worries me that he is getting the ''anti pantwetters'' support from this board. :-(

It''s an interesting debate, but my initial post was about the content of his interviews. I enjoy hearing what he has to say and how he says it. Not that I think this will necessarily make him a decent manager or a man motivator...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]anyone else noticed he always looks like he has been crying ! red watery eyes ? stress or pressure ? that''s the bit that worries me ........[/quote]He suffers from hay fever.Anyway, "ex-media professional in ''knows how to manage media'' shocker".

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="norfolkngood"]anyone else noticed he always looks like he has been crying ! red watery eyes ? stress or pressure ? that''s the bit that worries me ........[/quote]He suffers from hay fever.Anyway, "ex-media professional in ''knows how to manage media'' shocker".[/quote]

Great spot the football will be shit but the after match interview will be fantastic. You couldn''t make it up