Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

1st Wiz You Confuse me

[quote]Cos I thought you said that Ashton had gone. Great news now lets get up this league.[/quote]

Wiz is just unlucky when it comes to Ashton type predictions,

Remember his famous "NO WAY WILL ASHTON SIGN FOR CITY" , then ten minutes later he did sign !

(Sorry Wiz)

Although it is pleasing news that Ashton is committed, I find it a ludicrous state of affairs that after signing a player only 8 months ago we have to get him to sign again. 

[quote]Cos I thought you said that Ashton had gone. Great news now lets get up this league.[/quote]

I''m simply overjoyed NavMan, and I don''t care what posters say about me today, thank you Dean.

Of course it might just mean  that heads have got together  [ board , deano`s agent , Worthy ]  and the contract extension   is merely a ruse  to maximise  profits  when Deano  succumbs to the lure  af Mancities , et al , big wages  and big  transfer fee    ...  so Wiz may , ultimately , be correct    !!

[quote]Although it is pleasing news that Ashton is committed, I find it a ludicrous state of affairs that after signing a player only 8 months ago we have to get him to sign again.[/quote]

I''d much prefer the extra year extension PLUS a year option, and the peace of mind.

Two points about this:

1. ShedEd, I think you''re spot on. It simply means that it will cost other clubs even more to buy Deano in the January window if we''re languishing in mid-table, thereby increasing our profit.

2. It''s interesting that this news coincides with the failure to land a replacement (Morrison) for Deano - or am I just being a bit cynical?  

" so Wiz may , ultimately , be correct !! "

I don''t anyone on this board or even any other City fans honestly believe that Ashton will remain at City for too many seasons. It''s pretty obvious that, if he fulfils his promise, he will move onwards and upwards.

What has annoyed many on here is not Wiz''s regular inaccuracies but the manner in which he and others have routinely castigated the club for not making a statement in response to every halfwitted fabrication in the daily comics. Then, when someone does make a statement, they are chided for indulging in spin or not telling us the whole truth.

Lets have a bit more trust in the club. It''s not always going to be a smooth move forward. But for every step back we are moving three steps forward, for every pause we are moving five steps forward. Lets try and recognise that there will be set backs but they are that - setbacks. Temporary blips not the end of the world.

Look at the ground. £11m plus in developments. We''ve just had season in the Premiership and now have the accepted expectation that we will be back and we''ll be able sustain our place.

This isn''t by luck. It''s by hard work on the part of the board and everyone else in the club. It''s important that we get behind them.

Sure be critical. The club needs that input. It''s our club. But lets debate and argue the things that are valid not the baseless tittle tattle of teenage cub reporters.

I always find Wiz`s  wind-ups comical Maddan !   the problems start when  some posters take it all too seriously !! 

Your obviously right  about  players moving on  eventually , in reference to Deano , I think the big speculation about him signing  an extension to his contract  [after he signed only a few months ago !! ] is the timing !   we had the concrete evidence  that Morrison  had accepted  the boards  offer ,  and for quite a few days  it looked well certain that he was on his way here !   thats why the rumours began to fly around , only natural really

In keeping with my new ''leap of faith'' image, there''s a slightly new name and avatar for you to contend with.

And you say you''re confused NavMan!.

Mad Dan you are spot on and should be renamed Verysensiblereasonableandpragmatic Dan.

PS Is The Wiz the Wiz that was called 1st Wiz or just a wheeze to confuse 1st Wiz and the rest of us?

once again a thread has gone all screwey

whats up this time webteam?

Thanks for mentioning, AJ. Usual problem: the quote function gets confused. Our coders put in made it aware of more exceptions, but obviously there are some that are still getting through the net. Quickest solution was to delete your message from just around 10am today. Here it is for those who missed it:

i think you need some new crystal balls mate!

anyone for a christmas donation towards buying whiz some new ones?