Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Realistic predictions for this season...

Interested to know people''s views about the coming season. Personally I think we will struggle to find our feet in the first half of the season before getting into our stride second half. However I feel we will miss out on the top 6 and finish 9th.

Think it may take some time but by half a season we will be flying and end up pushing for an automatic promotion spot.

Much depends on who is still here on 1 September.I have this horrible feeling that we may well lose Fer, Hooper, RVW, Olsson and Ruddy by then.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Much depends on who is still here on 1 September.I have this horrible feeling that we may well lose Fer, Hooper, RVW, Olsson and Ruddy by then.[/quote]We won''t lose all of them, maybe 2 from your list at most.

I think Norwich will finish either in or just outside the play-offs. I can see a situation similar to Reading where we miss out on the play-offs by one point on the final day of the season.

I predict the miserablists will moan with every draw, this board will go into meltdown with every defeat and if we win, it will be because the other team were poor. Lincoln, Highland and Zema will be telling us we are going to be relegated the first time we lose and Waveney will re-invent himself at least forty times over the season. If we make a profit in the transfer windows there''ll be squeals of "where''s the money gone" and "McNally Out" and "Delia Out".Wiz will give Adams his full backing no he won''t.LDC will still give us daily lectures supported by his close friend Reggie.So, my prediction is...not much will change, these old boys will do what they always do while the rest of us go to the football. [:D]

Lets not panic about players leaving until they are on their way out the door,

We can and should finish in top 6, i reckon top 3, a win 1st day v wolves and we''ll be flying, possibly better for the players that 1st game is not at CR, after last years tension.

Free them up , let them play and we''ll be grand, dont forget we are a year ahead of the long term plan.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I predict the miserablists will moan with every draw, this board will go into meltdown with every defeat and if we win, it will be because the other team were poor. Lincoln, Highland and Zema will be telling us we are going to be relegated the first time we lose and Waveney will re-invent himself at least forty times over the season. If we make a profit in the transfer windows there''ll be squeals of "where''s the money gone" and "McNally Out" and "Delia Out".Wiz will give Adams his full backing no he won''t.LDC will still give us daily lectures supported by his close friend Reggie.So, my prediction is...not much will change, these old boys will do what they always do while the rest of us go to the football. [:D][/quote][Y]

With the squad we have or the funds we''d have available should it be broken up I''d be very disappointed with finishing outside the top 4.

It''s going to be tough though, I''d be very surpirsed if anyone who finishes above Fulham doesn''t go up and while Wigan and Derby have inferior teams to us, they''re acclimatized to this division, have good managers and should be right up there.

One v one we''d be favorites against pretty much anyone but over the course of 46 games with acclimatization and team cohesion to work on and considering possible injuries we can''t expect or demand autos.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Ollson

Tettey

Bennet Fer Redmond

Lafferty RVW/Hooper/Grabban

Plus proven top Championship alternatives of Becchio, Surman, Hoolahan, Howson, Johnson etc and this is assuming we make no more signings and lose Bassong and RVW/Hooper or maybe both

That should be enough to overwhelm pretty much anyone in that league for 90 minutes, that''s nearly as ridiculous as Newcastles Championship team was a few years ago. Even under Hughton and in Adams'' first game last year we completely dominated Fulham and Cardiff despite being toothless in the final third and poorly coached in defence with roughly the same team

If we finish outside the play offs like some are predicting it would be a catastrophic failure by the management team and board.

Much depends of which players are still with us on August 31st, and what players we may have signed.

If we keep all the present squad and have good additions, then I can see a top six finish, with play-offs. The defence is still lacking, and we would need to sign a very good CB and RB, to feel even slightly confident about automatic promotion.

If we lose Hooper, little would change, same with Bassong and Becchio. If we lost Olsson I would be fearful, because Garrido is well short of him in most respects, and good left backs are not exactly plentiful. I think that we could probably manage without Redmond, who flattered to deceive last season ultimately, and Bennett is a good successor, while Josh will be stronger and more experienced.

In general Fulham have splashed cash, and are probably a better side - they must be a favourite for promotion. Cardiff have probably not improved, and there are some good candidates from play-off teams of last year. There are probably 7 teams altogether who could fill the top six places, and I include us at the moment. We will have a more successful managerial input and much will depend on squad retentions and gains.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]With the squad we have or the funds we''d have available should it be broken up I''d be very disappointed with finishing outside the top 4.

It''s going to be tough though, I''d be very surpirsed if anyone who finishes above Fulham doesn''t go up and while Wigan and Derby have inferior teams to us, they''re acclimatized to this division, have good managers and should be right up there.

One v one we''d be favorites against pretty much anyone but over the course of 46 games with acclimatization and team cohesion to work on and considering possible injuries we can''t expect or demand autos.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Ollson

Tettey

Bennet Fer Redmond

Lafferty RVW/Hooper/Grabban

Plus proven top Championship alternatives of Becchio, Surman, Hoolahan, Howson, Johnson etc and this is assuming we make no more signings and lose Bassong and RVW/Hooper or maybe both

That should be enough to overwhelm pretty much anyone in that league for 90 minutes, that''s nearly as ridiculous as Newcastles Championship team was a few years ago. Even under Hughton and in Adams'' first game last year we completely dominated Fulham and Cardiff despite being toothless in the final third and poorly coached in defence with roughly the same team

If we finish outside the play offs like some are predicting it would be a catastrophic failure by the management team and board.[/quote]

Good post.

Not sure what you mean by "realistic", but I reckon:Poor startLots of moaningSlight improvementLots of moaningFurther improvementUndercurrent of moaning suppressed with backhanded compliments for Joe Royle and Gary HoltSignificant improvement to verge of playoffsSudden switch to unfounded wild optimism without crediting Adams for any of the upturnFailure to make playoffs on last day of seasonLots of moaning and retrospective backtracking on unfounded wild optimism.  "Delia Must Go" resurrection #379.

Mid-table for me. Players need to gel, and we need to get out of the habit of losing. I think we need some more fresh faces to help remove the relegation hangover and our opener is a tough one with fragile morale.

I think a realistic promotion push is more likely next season.

My realistic prediction is that unless awful Adams gets off to a flying start I will immediately be moaning like a bitch and calling for his head . Up until then and to make sure I hit the ground running at the start of the season I am going to moan like a bitch and call for his head.

Adams out Lambert back

Very good Bor, but I think the latter part will differ.

At the unfounded wild optimism stage, I think that the moaners will reinvent themselves as ''Adams supporters all along'' before we finish in the play offs.

For the record I think relegation unlikely and predict a 13th place finish. With Malky I would have gone top six and Lennon promotion. The latter candidate having the credibility to attract and retain players, and would have got the most out of Hooper.

I think we will have a strong enough squad to gain promotion, whether we get there will be down to how much of a team that squad is forged into.

Remove last years selfish approach to play and clear cliques and we will succeed.

My expectation remains that we should make the play offs, with an absolute minimum of missing out on 6th on the last day of teh season

Hooper scores 5 goals 4 from PK in 45 games ans gets lauded for "banging them in" by a certain type of person.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper scores 5 goals 4 from PK in 45 games ans gets lauded for "banging them in" by a certain type of person.[/quote]

I''m being sincere here, just a question, nobody knows who you are so it isn''t personal but has he actually slept with your wife/girlfriend/sister etc or something?

It''s perfectly reasonably to consider him over-rated, I do myself a bit but you seem to have a seething irrational hatred of the man which really is very strange...

I''m upset he''s taking money from the team I support while producing next to nothing and putting 0 effort on the field in runs, passes, anything.

In essence he is raping the team I support, and it''s not that he''s overrated, it''s that he isn''t even a regional Conference player.