Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

******Dereham v Norwich Official Match Thread******

[quote user="Herman "]It was definitely one or t''other.[/quote]Possibly one, and he''s now pretending it was t''other [;)]

[quote user="InchY"]New pants for Stan please...[/quote]In the meantime we may have to sandbag his current ones[;)]

Didn''t  Newcastle lose 5-0 to Orient in one of their pre-season games before they walked away with the Championship?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="jaemae2"]Paul Hayes also "banged them in" 1 year in the Championship too. He also is of great quality and a great striker. You may not want to talk about IQ fella, as you aren''t bright.[/quote] Which year was that then? I just looked up his career stats and he''s never banged them in in the Champs. You''re life must be pretty $hit if all you have to do is troll opposition supporters making up "facts"....[/quote]

He scored 14 the year Hooper scored 19 with Scunthorpe, moron.

If 19 is banging them in, 14 is as well.

My point being 1 good year in a league doesn''t mean he''s doing it again, and honestly Hayes is a better striker than Hooper, and he was garbage outside of that 1 year...

[quote user="jaemae2"]If 19 is banging them in, 14 is as well.

My point being 1 good year in a league doesn''t mean he''s doing it again, and honestly Hayes is a better striker than Hooper, and he was garbage outside of that 1 year...[/quote]
I see your manipulating the statistics to suit your argument...
Paul Hayes best season in the Championship saw him score 13 goals total but according to the football league website only 9 of those were actually scored in the league itself, the other 4 coming from cup competitions. 
Hooper, in comparison, scored all 19 goals that you mentioned in the league. If we include his cup competition goal, he scored 20.
Their overall scoring records from that 2009/10 season were:
Hooper-  39 appearances total (league, FA cup and league cup) 20 goals or one goal every 1.95 games.
Hayes- 51 appearances total, 13 goals or one goal every 3.92 games
So which one is better? 

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="jaemae2"]If 19 is banging them in, 14 is as well.

My point being 1 good year in a league doesn''t mean he''s doing it again, and honestly Hayes is a better striker than Hooper, and he was garbage outside of that 1 year...[/quote]
Paul Hayes best season in the Championship saw him score 13 goals total but according to the football league website only 9 of those were actually scored in the league itself, the other 4 coming from cup competitions. 
Hooper, in comparison, scored all 19 goals that you mentioned in the league. If we include his cup competition goal, he scored 20.
Hooper-  39 appearances total (league, FA cup and league cup) 20 goals or one goal every 1.95 games.
So which one is better? 
[/quote]

They both suck.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="jaemae2"]If 19 is banging them in, 14 is as well.

So which one is better? 
[/quote]

They both suck.[/quote]
Classic response. Not even trying to disguise it any more, are you? 

I never tried to disguise it ever. My whole point of bringing Hayes up, is that 1 good season in the Championship doesn''t mean it will be repeated when you aren''t good at soccer.

[quote user="jaemae2"]I never tried to disguise it ever.  [/quote]
Now that''s not true.
You definitely did try and disguise it... I heard you put it between two buns, covered it in ketchup and told your sister it was a hotdog and she should "lick the sauce off". Alright, it was a $hit disguise, but a disguise nonetheless.

There is a saying " never argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level and win by experience ". There appears to be a lot of this going on on this board.

Does anybody really believe honestly that the Dereham match was other than a training stint with the opposition in a different strip?

To even be judging any player or the team on this type of game, especially when it is the first one, is pointless.

[quote user="Haven Canary"]If we can''t get 7 or 8 past a team like Dereham we are bang in trouble.

We are doomed under the radio commentator. Why can''t people see it![/quote]Yes , we usually score for fun in this type of pre season fixture and the alarm bells must be already ringing . Adams also saying we have had no acceptable bids for our better players screams out the if you want them bid enough and they are yours message  to other managers.Why can''t people see it ? most can but feel they have to go along with what the club has done anyway and make the best of it , i can assure you if we had appointed Jimmy Krankie as manager the reaction would have been no different on here .I bet Mick McCarthy and all down at Portman Road are rubbing their hands with glee at Adams appointment , they know that for the first time in 5 years they are probably going to turn us over and finish above us .And to think Neil Lennon was available , just makes no sense .

I agree it was only like a training match but dereham are part time would not have had a diet over the summer and training plans drawn out for them over the summer so with general fitness a massive plus for Norwich

then quality of our players as well you would expect even in a training match to score more

Agree with others that Lafferty could be a pleasant surprise this season.

Routine finish yesterday but if you check out this video at around 40 seconds you can see he''s more than just a big lump

http://www.thefa.com/st-georges-park/discover/coaching/fa-learning-news/2014/norwich-city-sports-science-nick-davies

(Sorry for no true link but this website hates chrome)

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I agree it was only like a training match but dereham are part time would not have had a diet over the summer and training plans drawn out for them over the summer so with general fitness a massive plus for Norwich

then quality of our players as well you would expect even in a training match to score more[/quote]If we had won 11-0 the miserablists would be saying "it was only Dereham", "we should have had 20", and best of all "these games are meaningless". Can''t win.

Cheers Mason. Sounds and looks promising. Hopefully the fitness levels are vastly improved upon this season.[Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="norfolkngood"]I agree it was only like a training match but dereham are part time would not have had a diet over the summer and training plans drawn out for them over the summer so with general fitness a massive plus for Norwich

then quality of our players as well you would expect even in a training match to score more[/quote]If we had won 11-0 the miserablists would be saying "it was only Dereham", "we should have had 20", and best of all "these games are meaningless". Can''t win.[/quote]I can''t believe the level of whining on here, after one friendly.Actually, I can.

Whiney pant wetters everywhere!

I''m guessing most have never kicked a ball in there lives and are in the age bracket of 12-22!

It''s the same usual deluded suspects thought that hughton would turn it around, thought the radio commentator would save us.

If it looks like a pig sounds like a pig and smells like a pig it''s a pig. Get real we are in for an absolute stinker this season

[quote user="Haven Canary"]It''s the same usual deluded suspects thought that hughton would turn it around, thought the radio commentator would save us.

If it looks like a pig sounds like a pig and smells like a pig it''s a pig. Get real we are in for an absolute stinker this season[/quote]Save yourself the pain, and just end it all now[Y]

If anyone is bothered, Man City are currently 2-0 down (and pretty much deserve to be) at Dundee in their first friendly of pre-season.

Wonder what odds you could get on them going down ;)