Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

leroy fer to ac milan

Of course his agent will be trying to get him a move, it''s another pay day. And from a professional point of view Fer would almost certainly welcome the chance to escape to a top league/club.

...But a season in the Championship wouldn''t do him much harm. Be nice if he took the season to prove to us that he is the real deal.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Actually his agent is (rumoured to be) touting Fer to A.C. Milan. Probably along with a few of his other clients.[/quote]

Apparently Fer''s agent is the legendary Riaola - who is also the agent to Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Robinho along with others. He is known to have a good relationship with Milan (see the moves he arranged for Balotelli and Robinho) so I''m sure he has suggested Fer (if he is indeed his agent). I wouldn''t worry to much about stories coming out of Italy, they are bigger rumour mongers than the English press.

Fer situation is very hard to read, I''m sure he wants out and I''m sure clubs want him, but I doubt anyone who wants him will want to pay the large fee Norwich will demand. I guess it will come down to how hard the player pushes - but with Riaola behind him, Fer might push incredibly hard.

If true, its amazing what a World Cup goal can do. Value and big club interest.

7million Euro would be insulting. That''s just over £5.5million, which is pretty much what we paid for him in the first place, give or take.

[quote user="Davness"]7million Euro would be insulting. That''s just over £5.5million, which is pretty much what we paid for him in the first place, give or take.[/quote]

Didn''t really set the world alight in the Prem last year so apart from 1 goal in world cup I''m not sure why you think his value should have increased dramatically.

[quote user="Davness"]7million Euro would be insulting. That''s just over £5.5million, which is pretty much what we paid for him in the first place, give or take.[/quote]

How is that insulting he done fuck all the last 4 months of the season, couldn''t hack the pace in the prem defo wont hack the gruelling slog in the championship, Italian slow pace of football would suit him. Get our money back and good riddance

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]He''s a lazy c**t. If true, good riddance. Hopefully followed out the door by his pal Bassong.[/quote]

If they go I would make you lie down on the CR doorstep and let them wipe their feet on you as they leave. 

If Milan are actually after Fer they will try and loan him, they are notoriously tight (in recent years)

They prey on the smaller Serie A clubs and take their best players on loan

I seriously doubt they would stump up the money to buy Fer, Napoli were the team linked to him last January so if he is in Italy could be something in that space - or nothing to do with Leroy

Bethnal is right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mino_RaiolaHe was born in Italy and lived a fair amount of his life in Holland. So he has clients in Italy and from Holland such as Martin Jol.Not really a surprise that he is over there considering the number of players and links he has linked to that region.Daveness - I''m pretty sure, although could be wrong, we were rumoured to have paid 4-5million Euro''s for him. Still, I would agree with you though. I''d expect a fair wedge more if I am honest.

Serious questions. With Snoddy going for a reported £7m and McCormack going for £11m, how much is Fer worth? He is much better than these 2 and has the pedigree to go with it, so how much would a club need to bid to prize him away?

you obviously didn''t see him play last season then, and he played 15 mins for Holland in World Cup

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]He''s a lazy c**t. If true, good riddance. Hopefully followed out the door by his pal Bassong.[/quote]

Out of interest, why do you think they are pals particularly?

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Serious questions. With Snoddy going for a reported £7m and McCormack going for £11m, how much is Fer worth? He is much better than these 2 and has the pedigree to go with it, so how much would a club need to bid to prize him away?[/quote]

It largely depends if we want to sell him and if he wants to go.  We don''t have to sell him and if the player is happy here, we just put up a "not for sale" sign on him.  

[^o)] Mind you, if someone came in with £12M.................

[quote user="Paul"]you obviously didn''t see him play last season then[/quote]The team looked far better with him in it than when he was out injured, and that was with him playing in a system that didn''t really suit him.

Fer is an interesting one. Highly regarded before coming to Norwich and showed in some games the reason why - the Southampton home game was particulary impressive when he basically dominated the whole midfield on his own, despite Johnson doing his headless chicken thing and giving the ball away constantly.

After watching that game you could think Norwich had discovered a budget Yaya Toure - problem was he didn''t produce those kinds of performances regulary enough. He often struggled with the tempo of games (which many confused with being lazy despite the fact he covered a lot of ground when playing), and the sheer number of games he was expected to play. He was also largely played out of his favoured position, many assume that as he is this big, strong, ''athletic'' player that he should be playing as a defensive midfielder or box-to-box whereas he has usually played as a ''10'' for Holland and his club teams (in his 15 mins of World Cup football he came on for Sneijder to play behind the front two).

The fact he made the Dutch squad, even if largely down to injuries, showed that he is still rated by many in the Netherlands and Van Gaal has showed he is no mug when it comes to picking a team and a player.

In some ways I feel Norwich should demand £12m for him, despite an average first season (with excellent flashes), but I also have a feeling he might just slip off for around £6m after kicking up a fuss and pushing for a move. I doubt he''d find many suitors in the Premier League at the moment and every other league is pretty much skint - AC Milan certainly wouldn''t be able to pay much more than €7m for him (if that even) and would also stuggle to match his wages (even after the relegation reduction).

For all we know he could have pretty much arranged a move and was just waiting for the World Cup to finish before confirming it, Adams has certainly been reluctant to say much about him, despite being asked on a couple of occasions.

I don''t buy any of this crap about playing in a formation that doesn''t suit a player.

You buy a player and they should be good enough to play in any formation you pick. It''s not like we asked him to play right back, he was centre midfield. How is that not his position.

Etuhu mark II

Given the amount the club has been spouting about his involvement in the World Cup - especially since scoring - wouldn''t there be rather a lot of egg on their face if he was now sold?  Like most though, I think he wants out and would go anywhere in the Premier League or Europe if our Board accepted an offer.  Hooper, Ruddy, RvW, Redmond and Fer are all on long contracts, so we''re in a very strong position financially with all of them.  And if Snodgrass is worth £7m with 1 year left, those 5 are easily worth £25m.

[quote user="Paul"]I don''t buy any of this crap about playing in a formation that doesn''t suit a player. You buy a player and they should be good enough to play in any formation you pick. It''s not like we asked him to play right back, he was centre midfield. How is that not his position. Etuhu mark II[/quote]

He played well in many games at centre midfield - but you are asking a player to adapt to a new team, a new formation and a new league all in one go. It will affect the level of his performances.

I think many expected a lot more from Fer, or expected him to play like a midfield enforcer making tackles and protecting the defence - that isn''t his natural game. While most midfielders can interchange positions from defensive, to central, to attacking you certainly wouldn''t expect someone who has been coached as an attacking midfielder to be able to play the position of defensive midfielder as well would you?

Basically, Leroy has a huge amount of potential and ability, he is still a little rough around the edges and needs a bit of coaching to get the best out of him - certainly around upping his intensity and tempo.

for me he was easily the best cm we had; highly inconsistent ( as were the others) but very influential, when he played we lost less frequently - when he played well we won. He never recovered his form once injured.

Being the adapting season it was a decent start but with lots to prove. He should be the star we build around if we can keep him, which I dont think we will.

One we should cash in on IMO.

Would not be at all surprised if Alan Pardew came in for him. After all he was raving about him after he scored that consolation goal up there.

12 mill is the going rate especially after he scored in the WC. His agent will be touting around everywhere on the back of that.

[quote user="DistantCanary"]One we should cash in on IMO.

Would not be at all surprised if Alan Pardew came in for him. After all he was raving about him after he scored that consolation goal up there.

12 mill is the going rate especially after he scored in the WC. His agent will be touting around everywhere on the back of that.[/quote]How did you come to this figure of 12 million lol?

[quote user="Jenkins"]Its £13 million with cheese[/quote]What sort of cheese?