Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Tony Parks.....

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Where did you read that Stoke? Good choice, if it''s true.[/quote]Its on the homepage on here.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Where did you read that Stoke? Good choice, if it''s true.[/quote]Its on the homepage on here.[/quote]Sorry, scratch that, its on the pinkun twitter feed.

I found the image of a goalkeeping coach wearing glasses slightly disturbing![;)]

Looks a good appointment, not part of Poch''s plans for Spurs but that seems the norm when new managers arrive. 1984 UEFA cup final hero as well despite a pretty average playing career.

I wonder why we''ve managed to get him and he hasn''t gone to a premiership club?

I see his son was in a bad accident last year. Anyone know if he recovered?

[quote user="Haven Canary"]Rejected by spurs but good enough for us. Depressed.com[/quote]Goalkeeping Coach of the Year, I think he''ll do.

[quote user="Haven Canary"]Rejected by spurs but good enough for us. Depressed.com[/quote]

I do hope you don''t mind Morty but I must just say......Bellend.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Haven Canary"]Rejected by spurs but good enough for us. Depressed.com[/quote]

I do hope you don''t mind Morty but I must just say......Bellend.

[/quote]Its not copyrighted, feel free[Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]I found the image of a goalkeeping coach wearing glasses slightly disturbing![;)][/quote]

It''s when he''s not wearing them should you feel disturbed.

Seems a very good appointment - been with Spurs for six years, coached fr the FA and Goalkeeper coach of the Year 20134.

What more could you ask for? He''s full-time, he''s ours, and he has a good record.

Appointed by Harry Redknapp in 2008, who speaks highly of him, so he''s been with Spurs for 6 years, both AVB and Sherwood kept him on. It is somewhat inevitable as managers come and go that one will want "his" staff, Pochettino seems to want to have an overhaul in that regard. So it''s hardly "rejected by spurs", next time you might want to do a little research before making knee-jerk statements.
Personally I think we''ve done well to get a coach from the top level that is very experienced and well respected.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Haven Canary"]Rejected by spurs but good enough for us. Depressed.com[/quote]
Appointed by Harry Redknapp in 2008, who speaks highly of him, so he''s been with Spurs for 6 years, both AVB and Sherwood kept him on. It is somewhat inevitable as managers come and go that one will want "his" staff, Pochettino seems to want to have an overhaul in that regard. So it''s hardly "rejected by spurs", next time you might want to do a little research before making knee-jerk statements.
Personally I think we''ve done well to get a coach from the top level that is very experienced and well respected.
[/quote]I agree, and I''m not quite sure how anyone could turn this into a stick to beat us with.

Mind you, I reckon someone who has clearly suffered a recent head trauma probably could.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Haven Canary"]Rejected by spurs but good enough for us. Depressed.com[/quote]
[/quote]I agree, and I''m not quite sure how anyone could turn this into a stick to beat us with.[/quote]
Apparently getting rid of Hughton was not enough.

It''s a pretty simple football triangle really. Pochettino takes Jiminez with him to Spurs, Watson replaces Jiminez at Saints and Parks moves to Norwich to replace Watson. No rejection involved really and I''m pleased with the appointment of Parks.

Hardly a reject!

Spurs appointed a new manager and he brought his own backroom staff with him as is common.

Very pleased with this appointment I was worried we would appoint an inexperienced coach, or the rumour going around about Andy Marshall being true!

We have got an experienced coach with a good reputation and one who will be focussed on the 1 job unlike the last one.

The only thing I don''t understand about the "chain" is what the hell Koeman knew about Watson? Why didn''t he take Parks?

Considering what us it did Ruddy to have Watson coaching him, it appears to be a good bit of business as Parks has worked with some of the best around at Spurs, well done NCFC I say!

Wiz wrote the following post at 14/07/2014 10:50 AM:

I found the image of a goalkeeping coach wearing glasses slightly disturbing!Wink [;)]

Hope he''s not one for making a spectacle of himself Wiz!😃

Surprised by this - really am. I''d have thought with us losing Watson we''d have got one from the Championship or similar.

Certainly, maybe it''s been something we''ve seen as worth investing in - particularly if it keeps Ruddy happy!

Haven or whoever you used to be

with you detailed knowledge of goalkeeping coaches tell us who the right man should be

because if he has been working with Brad for the last 5 years I want some of that to rub off on our keepers