Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

RVW today in Norwich

Saw him in Gentlemens walk this afternoon. He was with two others people. Looked pretty relaxed.

How I would loved to have approach him and asked him a couple of questions.......in fact I could think of at least 10 questions. But thought it would be out order to approach him on a Sunday.

However would be interesting to hear what questions some of you guys would like to ask him?

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]However would be interesting to hear what questions some of you guys would like to ask him?[/quote]Can you lend us a few grand?

Can we have our money back please.

Would he have signed if he knew what utter rubbish dyer negative football chris hughton was going to play for a 2nd successive season.

]Saw him in Gentlemens walk this afternoon. He was with two others people. Looked pretty relaxed.

How I would loved to have approach him and asked him a couple of questions.......in fact I could think of at least 10 questions. But thought it would be out order to approach him on a Sunday.

However would be interesting to hear what questions some of you guys would like to ask him.

He was actually with Kyle Lafferty who he was showing around Norwich which I thought was indicative of a good attiitude as he is a rival for his postion. He is looking forward to the new season and gave the impression that he was staying. Very nice guy and didn''t seem to mind being approached.

[quote user="militantcanary"]He was actually with Kyle Lafferty who he was showing around Norwich which I thought was indicative of a good attiitude as he is a rival for his postion. He is looking forward to the new season and gave the impression that he was staying. Very nice guy and didn''t seem to mind being approached.[/quote]From yesterday''s Twitter which supports your post........

Jul 12

Good to see Kyle Lafferty score for us.

Great start!

No logical reason, but I could imagine Lafferty working well as a strike partner for Ricky.

Yes saw that tweet, he''s a genuine bloke and must be just as gutted as we are about his poor season, he will come good!

I really want him to do well and I would expect him to have the same view

he started the season in the dutch team and must have lost a lot of face over the last year

I spoke to RVW at last season''s away supporters party. He is very friendly, genuine and seems to want to be buying into what the club are trying to do.

He deserves to come good and shut a few people up on the board and the binners of course.

He really does seem like a top bloke and I really hope he stays around to show us what he can do. If you think back to early on in the season he was making such intelligent runs that our midfield just weren''t intelligent enough (or quick thinking enough) to spot or predict.

I think in a faster moving team, those passes will become a bit more instinctive from the likes of Howson and Fer, and he''ll be able to press on and show us how good he is.

The thing is, I could understand all the hating if he was missing chances left, right, and centre, but I think we all know he barely had any chances at all. I remember the ghost pass and a header towards then end where anywhere other than straight at the keeper would have been a goal, but I really do think he''ll be a hit in the Championship (if we keep him).

[quote user="Howson is now"]He really does seem like a top bloke and I really hope he stays around to show us what he can do. If you think back to early on in the season he was making such intelligent runs that our midfield just weren''t intelligent enough (or quick thinking enough) to spot or predict.

I think in a faster moving team, those passes will become a bit more instinctive from the likes of Howson and Fer, and he''ll be able to press on and show us how good he is.

The thing is, I could understand all the hating if he was missing chances left, right, and centre, but I think we all know he barely had any chances at all. I remember the ghost pass and a header towards then end where anywhere other than straight at the keeper would have been a goal, but I really do think he''ll be a hit in the Championship (if we keep him).[/quote]I think, all things considered, Ricky got off fairly lightly in the hating department.

I''ve said it before on a couple of similar threads, but I''ve just got this sneaking feeling that over the next two or three weeks he''ll score a few goals in some pre-season games, and virtually play himself into the team for Champ football. Then there will be the dilemma...ie do we keep him and play him (to his strengths) or do we sell him/loan him out ? Whatever, it''ll be a nice choice to have to make.

Hmm. A case of short memory here ? There was some pretty vitriolic stuff posted about  RvW at times on here ...''worst ever Norwich player'', ''biggest waste of money'', ''can''t hit a cows @rse with a banjo''....that sort of stuff.  Hateful ?  Well I suppose it depends on what your standards are.I''ll agree he did not get too much stick while playing, but I am not sure that it was a case of ''getting off lightly'' with all the connotations that phrase implies. I just think that NCFC fans are a level headed lot, and recognised that RvW is basically a good player, but one who was not coached or used properly by Hughton, and thus his confidence was shot to pieces.

I''ve been guilty of some knee jerk posts about him after bad games but I can''t fault his attitude and desire. He wants to do well for us and seems committed enough to the cause. I''m looking forward to seeing how he does this season more than any other player in our squad to be honest.

[quote user="morty"]I think, all things considered, Ricky got off fairly lightly in the hating department.[/quote]
Definitely! I too was thinking about him getting off lightly before reading this, great minds eh?  Do they have cameras in the hating department?

Reggie it depends how big the Banjo or Cows @se is

I am amazed he has not been prosecuted for impersonating (very badly) a proff footballer. Saw him play on every occ last year and he was shite - not all down to Hughton.

If he had only cost £800K he would not even had made the bench after the first half dozen games

The reason why he always looks soo happy is that he has 3 years left on a £20K per week contract which is not performance related

If it was me I would be estatic, knowing no matter what I did on the pitch I had £3M plus coming my way over the next 3 years

WOLF HAPPY DAYS

[quote user="Newton"]

Reggie it depends how big the Banjo or Cows @se is

I am amazed he has not been prosecuted for impersonating (very badly) a proff footballer. Saw him play on every occ last year and he was shite - not all down to Hughton.

If he had only cost £800K he would not even had made the bench after the first half dozen games

The reason why he always looks soo happy is that he has 3 years left on a £20K per week contract which is not performance related

If it was me I would be estatic, knowing no matter what I did on the pitch I had £3M plus coming my way over the next 3 years

WOLF HAPPY DAYS

[/quote]Well, OK, Newton. It''s certainly take on this, and you are entitled to your opinion.I guess that over the next month or so we''ll see whether NA feels he really has a future at Carrow Rd or whether he wants to put him on the next KLM flight to Schiphol. I''ll agree that I have absolutely no evidence to suggest that he will score a lot for us next season, or whether he''ll even be a Norwich player. Just a hunch, that''s all.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Howson is now"]He really does seem like a top bloke and I really hope he stays around to show us what he can do. If you think back to early on in the season he was making such intelligent runs that our midfield just weren''t intelligent enough (or quick thinking enough) to spot or predict. I think in a faster moving team, those passes will become a bit more instinctive from the likes of Howson and Fer, and he''ll be able to press on and show us how good he is. The thing is, I could understand all the hating if he was missing chances left, right, and centre, but I think we all know he barely had any chances at all. I remember the ghost pass and a header towards then end where anywhere other than straight at the keeper would have been a goal, but I really do think he''ll be a hit in the Championship (if we keep him).[/quote]

I think, all things considered, Ricky got off fairly lightly in the hating department.
[/quote]

Agree Morty.

It probably helped that he isn''t a mouthy s*d like Snodgrass for example. That said for what he did for the team I thought Snodgrass got a hard time.

I just want to see the gamble through. Was it really that he had an awful manager playing the completely wrong game to accommodate his talents or is he just not very good? We don''t yet know the answer so I hope he sticks around for us to find out.

I too would like to see if it was just the most unfortunate of unfortunate situations last season or if he really just isn''t that good.

In my personal opinion he''s very much a ''front foot'' striker who will do well in a team that can turn defenders around, which we looked like we tried to be but were so far from last year.

But I guess we shall see.

I think we''ll all be disappointed if we don''t get a chance to see what he could do in an attack minded team that would suit his ''front-footedness''. I wonder what he''d make of that, but then the Netherlands does play cricket doesn''t it!

I really really want him to stay. Just to know if he is as woeful as he appeared to be last season, or if there was just an extreme case of culture shock and lack of confidence.

I would absolutely love it if he smashes us straight back to the prem, would make an absolutely fantastic ''fall and redemption'' type story.

However, from last season I would not be able to tell you a single strength of his game and I have no idea how we will get the best out of him. I just hope Adams has seen something I haven''t.

I was on a stag do in Poland recently and I bumped into some dutch football fans. I said to them what do you think of ricky van wolfswinkle?

the reply I got was ..... I don''t like darts!!! ha ha