Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Braintree (A)

Anyone going tonight?  There doesn''t look to be much parking around so I was thinking about parking at Freeport and walking to the ground, or has anyone had some tips on where to park?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]hope this helps http://www.footballgroundguide.com/conference/braintree_town.htm[/quote]Yeah I''ve seen that already, thanks though.  Freeport is only a 10 minute walk from the ground so I was going to park there as it is free and secure etc.  Was just wondering if anyone else had a similar idea or if the car park might shut, as the shops close at 6.

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster....

I live in Braintree so will be there tonight, I know it''s pre-season friendly but so pleased to see my team playing in my home town! Being the local non-league team I''ve been along to several matches there. On the whole they''re a good bunch and play some good football for a part time team.

Anyway, that wasn''t your question.... normally when they expect a big crowd they park people elsewhere in town. When they do this there are yellow AA signs directing the way. I believe most of the side streets around Cressing road are unrestricted although on match days there may well be some police cones out.

Parking in Freeport could be a risk because they close the car park after a certain time to prevent travelling caravan dwelling folk from setting home. If you do decide to park in Freeport make sure you park in one of the the front two car parks near B&Q, Halfords, Cineworld not the back car park (which is closer to Braintree''s ground) as that one tends to get closed first.

Also, there is a Nando''s are Freeport so you never know, you might bump in to some players in there after the match before they jump back on the coach to Norfolk! :)

Hope that helps but if you need any more info please ask.

Great stuff, thanks capricorn.  I did wonder about the car parks closing, and remembered there was a Cineworld in the car park I''ve used before so was basically hoping that the films would be on long enough that the car park wouldn''t close!  Thanks for the advice, and fingers crossed we see a good performance tonight.

Hopefully this works, just had a quick play with adding a walking route from one of the two car parks in to Google Maps:- https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z6zdHxJfhmcw.k2NUV5-HbDlE

Thanks capricorn, already done that myself too [:)] looking forward to it as it looks like we''ll see a strong squad too.

Keep an eye out for the youth team providing a guard of honour for the players when they come out on to the pitch, that''s the team I help run! :)

Living in Braintree I''ll just wander down Flitch Way.Will make a nice change from the A120/A12/A14/A140 route i have endured for years.Will be nice to get home from a midweek NCFC match before midnight!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]Living in Braintree I''ll just wander down Flitch Way.

Will make a nice change from the A120/A12/A14/A140 route i have endured for years.

Will be nice to get home from a midweek NCFC match before midnight!
[/quote]

Nice to hear from you again FTFW - seems to have been a long while since you last posted!