Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

If everyone who has been linked with leaving left...

We''d have this for a line up:

Bunn, Martin, Turner, Bennett, Garrido, Johnson, Howson, Surman, Bennett, Murphy, Grabban

and still have:

Lafferty, Murphy, Rudd, Whittaker, Morris and Loza all pushing for a place.

That''s RvW, Fer, Pilks, Redmond, Becchio, Tettey, Hooper, Bassong, Ruddy and Olsson all being sold.

I''d say that''s about £40m worth of player in the ''sold'' lot as well and still we''d look reasonably strong.

Interesting analysis!Can you imagine the state of this place if we did sell them all though lol?!

I''d be gutted! It''d proper screw with our promotion chances. I think the remaining 11 would hold their own in the league though but we''d struggle to threaten the promotion places.

Maybe we should sell them 10 and mount a £40m bid for Thomas Muller and offer him all the wages of the 10 combined!

RvW - £5m

Fer - £8m

Pilks - £3m

Redmond - £10m

Becchio - £500k

Tettey - £2m

Hooper - £6m

Bassong - £3m

Ruddy £8m

Olsson - £4.5m

=£50m

A bit more than I''d quickly added up!

There''d be my unbiased estimates for what they''d go for. Obviously i would rather the player than the money in most cases but if they were to go I imagine these prices.

But if we keep them all, promotion is a virtual certainty and that''s at least £60m.....

[quote user="Mr D"]Eh, if not Muller, an aging Klose would do.[/quote]

To think we were actually linked with Klose about 2 seasons ago!

We could offer Muller the key to the city and a lifetime supply of colmans mustard to compliment his german bratwursts! How could he possibly refuse?! I wonder what those 10''s wages add up to as well? Perhaps about £200k a week?

Playing like a team trying to win counts more for us than do the individual players.

Had we done that last season, we would still be in the Prem.

It doesn''t matter how much talent you have once the life has been sucked out of them. Brazil proved that (again) when they went down a couple vs Germany.

[quote user="sgncfc"]But if we keep them all, promotion is a virtual certainty and that''s at least £60m.....[/quote]

Is it though? It didn''t work for QPR first time round...

Yep, as Koeman has put up as Southampton - "Talent + hard work beats hard work but talent without hard work will lose to hard work" or something like that anyway...

New one then, how do you think this team would do versus the one in the OP:

Ruddy, Whittaker, Bassong, Ayala, Olsson, Tettey, Fer, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Redmond, Hooper, RvW

(had to add 2 extra defenders)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Forgot Wes :-( add £1m to the sold players list![/quote]Interesting one Wes, really not sure whats next for him. I don''t think he has it in him to play his way back into the starting lineup, and really not sure how much of a marketable asset he is, I think Lambert was just trolling us when he made an offer.

Tough one to say with Wes. He has the ability to rip the championship a new one as we saw just 3 years ago. I think if he stays he''ll have his uses from the bench or against bottom half opposition.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Tough one to say with Wes. He has the ability to rip the championship a new one as we saw just 3 years ago. I think if he stays he''ll have his uses from the bench or against bottom half opposition.[/quote]Same old problem though, you have to basically build the team around him, he only really works in the diamond.And I really don''t think we should be building a team around him.

Yea but we''ve removed the reason those players we''re under performing and under working (Hughton)

The insipid, monotonous, un creative tactical approach has gone and Hughton wasn''t exactly big on fitness or work rate, Holt''s physique from Lambert to Hughton kinda proves this and our inability to perform for more than 45 minutes a match unequivocally confirms this. He was more about coaching team shape and organisation (averagely) than getting the players fit and motivated.

I''d love to see what last years team could do under Adams. I''d rather have that group of players than the 50 million budget we''d have to over spend with other clubs and agents knowing we''re loaded

if all those players are allowed to leave the club wont play premier league football again for ten years

adams has made it easy for them by saying ''i dont want anyone here that doesnt want to play for us''no one wants to play in the championship do they! club needs to dig their heels in. no one leaves, they will soon get over it and want to play again

Only a desperate Board puppet would accept a firesale............that''s why they appointed Adams in the first place!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Only a desperate Board puppet would accept a firesale............that''s why they appointed Adams in the first place!

[/quote]

I think you will find a ''firesale'' is when you get rid of your assets for less than the going rate so maybe you could remind me how much we received for Snodgrass ? Have I missed anybody else or is this just an assumption of your part should the likes of Fer,Ollson,Hooper or even Ruddy go we will be giving them away ?

No fire sale at CR Tilly, just Wiz poking his stick into the nest.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I think you will find a ''firesale'' is when you get rid of your assets for less than the going rate so maybe you could remind me how much we received for Snodgrass ? Have I missed anybody else or is this just an assumption of your part should the likes of Fer,Ollson,Hooper or even Ruddy go we will be giving them away ?

[/quote]

Sell them and there goes promotion and 60 million Til.

It really is that simple.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were the drama Queen using the word ''firesale'' so you really think we should say sod off to anyone who expresses an interest in any of our prize assets even if it is good money and the player concerned becomes unsettled by speculation.

Every player has a price on his head.

so let''s have a look at more wiz close season comments on transfers -

While we p*ss about about over a deal for Snods......"Just you watch a Villa type outfit nip in and sign him............biggest budget yet my a*se!"

"I know I sound like a cracked record Indy, but I''m utterly convinced

that the budget for new players is tiny, I refuse to climb down from

that position until the evidence proves otherwise"

"Does anyone actually believe this garbage?

Look at the transfer targets we''re being linked with and if the budget is that big... why did Lambert leave?

Something''s not right, I can feel it in my water, its prudance with

ambition all over again..........thats why Hughton was brought in, to

work within a tight, really tight, budget.

Just be wise to it. "

this was July 2012 when the troll was in full attack mode calling the board of directors (and Bowkett in particular) liars

and guess what ?

the only liar turned out to be (yet again) wiz the troll

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were the drama Queen using the word ''firesale'' so you really think we should say sod off to anyone who expresses an interest in any of our prize assets even if it is good money and the player concerned becomes unsettled by speculation.

Every player has a price on his head.

[/quote]

Yes.

Otherwise you risk chucking out the baby with the bath water.

should have read as three seperate threads (and attacks)"Just you watch a Villa type outfit nip in and sign him............biggest budget yet my a*se!"

"I know I sound like a cracked record Indy, but I''m utterly convinced

that the budget for new players is tiny, I refuse to climb down from

that position until the evidence proves otherwise"

"Does anyone actually believe this garbage?

Look at the transfer targets we''re being linked with and if the budget is that big... why did Lambert leave?

Something''s not right, I can feel it in my water, its prudance with

ambition all over again..........thats why Hughton was brought in, to

work within a tight, really tight, budget.

Just be wise to it. "

consistently accused the club of lying and making off with money throughout that summer 

so bear that in mind when reading the current attacks

Let''s try something far more simple...........Wiz,was the Snodgrass deal a good one or was it a ''firesale'' ?

I will come back each time a player is sold because only an idiot who lives in cloud cuckoo land thinks we will get to the close of the transfer window without further departures and I will ask you whether the deal was good or a ''firesale''.