Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Redmond bids rejected

10 mil plus add ons like 20% sell on fee, we could keep him another year and still get what is being mentioned. We''ve got a good deal on Snodgrass, i see no reason why we should suddenly become a soft touch on this transfer where we are in an even stronger position.

The club doesnt need to sell - which means this is either true and the club has to be made an offer it cannot refuse. Or this is more propaganda and the club is just as much up sh*t creek as any other relegated team but doesnt want to announce a firesale. Its probably somewhere between those too.

I doubt we''re in a position where we can refuse sales, but we shouldnt bend over and invite the world to have a good go

We will not get 10M let alone with add ons but I think that if we sell for anything up of 6M that would be a good deal.

I am afraid that pace and the ability to go past people needs to come with the ability to cross the ball.

Also unless I have misread our financial situation we need to be able to make this sale before we tell other Clubs to sod off re the two we really need to keep Ruddy and Olsson and if his head is right Fer.

Our wages were 51M in 12-13 for a 13 month period so last season may have been 55M? So with a possible 30% reduction will still be 37M or double the wages last time we were in this league and perhaps 90% of turnover.

3.5M is I assume an opening bid, certainly Southampton are loaded

[quote user="militantcanary"]We will not get 10M let alone with add ons but I think that if we sell for anything up of 6M that would be a good deal.

I am afraid that pace and the ability to go past people needs to come with the ability to cross the ball.

Also unless I have misread our financial situation we need to be able to make this sale before we tell other Clubs to sod off re the two we really need to keep Ruddy and Olsson and if his head is right Fer.

Our wages were 51M in 12-13 for a 13 month period so last season may have been 55M? So with a possible 30% reduction will still be 37M or double the wages last time we were in this league and perhaps 90% of turnover.

3.5M is I assume an opening bid, certainly Southampton are loaded[/quote]

I dont think we will get it either and i dont think he''s worth that, but if we are going to sell off more players then we should make teams pay over the odds especially when they are as young and have long contracts like Redmonds. Redmond is probably overrated outside of Norwich, especially with some of his England U21 performances and we should be playing on that if he is to go.

Redmond has weapons and value, though he has limitations. His potential is high, with his pace and direct running, though his end product returns are low.

Tactically - at a higher level - he is a liability playing in wide areas, as his structural positioning is poor. He displays a tic upon receiving the ball - often in ideal areas for him - whereby he delays for half a second before accelerating. This strange habit has either not be spotted of not been coached out of him. Either way it is to the massive detriment of a key party of his game. It is possible that this is the product of the brain delaying before evaluating the options, or almost a freeze moment at the excitement of the awaited opportunity.

Technically his shooting style is imperfect and he is not a clean striker of the ball, something else coaches need to address.

Pace is a priceless asset in the 2nd tier and he would be a great weapon there, but we to now have pace from the murphys, grabban and both full backs if Olsson stays and bennett plays in that position (a key role well suited to him if employing the diamond).

Given the above -and given that we haven''t get addressed the coaching issues that will impede the realisation of redmond''s potential - then a fast return upwards of £6m cash plus conditions, would represent a good return.

Paddy Davitt ‏@paddyjdavitt 9m

& regarding transfer biz: plenty of enquiries coming in for players. No acceptable bids. as you were contrary 2 any other rpts. #ncfc

What worries me is that whilst clearly £3.5m is not acceptable there seem to be figures floating about (£6m in the case of both Fer and Redmond) that it is "understood" we would accept.

Neither are enough. If it transpires that we do accept those types of figures then I will be very disappointed. I could understand selling Fer if the price is right because keeping him against his will could be counter productive but Redmond seems a good, solid character who has already said he won''t force a move and in my view we should therefore not be entertaining any bids that are not silly money. £6m is not silly money these days. Selling an asset with his potential for that sort of fee would be idiotic.

Hopefully unless we want rid (cough Bassong), the club is only looking to deal at silly money prices.

For Redmond surely that has to be a minimum of double figures. We don''t need the money and he has a long contract, clubs may want him on the cheap but I can''t see a club that could get the alleged 6-8 mil for a player in the last year of his contract blinking at the figures quoted here.