Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Redmond bids rejected

from stoke and Southampton, bids were £3.5m, we are asking £6m, will be disappointed if Redmond leaves, was the one player we need next season

[quote user="ncfc2012"]from stoke and Southampton, bids were £3.5m, we are asking £6m, will be disappointed if Redmond leaves, was the one player we need next season[/quote]There are certain players that I think we should push the boat out for, and Redmond is one of them, like you say, he could be vital for us this season. And purely from a financial point of view, he''s going to be worth a lot more than 6m before his contract is up.

According to Stoke''s local paper The Sentinal Stoke are remaining tight lipped about a reported 3.5 million offer which has reportedly been rejected !! Slightly worried that this could be the end to Redmonds Norwich career !!

All things being equal, he will be worth a lot more than that some day.

I felt for Birmingham City and their fans having to let him go fairly cheaply in the first place. If he goes for little over £3m to Stoke I will cry myself to sleep.

Frankly, I would not want to let him go for even £6m, although that figure probably flatters him a bit at the moment, his potential being such.

Selling Nathan Redmond = backward step, IMO.

Redmond will be our key player next season IMO. He went past Premier League defenders with ease, with only the end product lacking. Imagine what he could do to Championship defenders ....

If he can sort that area of his game out (which I believe he will) then like others have said he will be commanding double figures. £6 mil is nothing, considering he could be the difference between going up and staying in this division.

We can only wait and see,  but Adams has recently said every player has his price (earth shattering news I know).

We have to take a view on who we should be building for the future with.   If its not Redderz who is it?   As such I would hope that we use the likes of mccormack and jarvis are (unreasonable but justifiable) benchmarks.    IF we dont get promoted next season then keeeping him becomes that much more difficult to justify...

£10m+ or do one i''d say. He''s happy enough to stick around here without kicking up a fuss so we should keep it that way.

This is just it. If they sell him, they have to find a decent replacement... ... ... who they going to get without spending the exact same amount of money. Doesn''t make much sense.

Didn''t we pay 3.2m for him? And he now has a season of Premiership experience.3.5 makes no sense at all.

You watch Redmond play out of his boots tonight now, and "stoke" up further interest.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]£10m+ or do one i''d say. He''s happy enough to stick around here without kicking up a fuss so we should keep it that way.[/quote]

This.

Wouldn''t even be happy with £10 million when you think Wolves got £12 million for Jarvis when they got relegated.

If Jarvis went for 7-10 million then we should be looking for at least that with Redmond. 6 million is selling him and ourselves well short. He''s a good lad and will perform if he has to stay, we don''t need to sell so 10 million, up front or pi55 off!

I''d be very, very disappointed and let down by the board if they really are only asking 6 million, that''s an absolute insult!

I wonder how many of our players are ''Plan B'' options for some Premier League teams?

If they don''t get their first choice options you can expect them to splash their cash and come calling in the last few days of the transfer window.

Would be delighted to see as many of the following as possible here in September:

Ruddy

Olsson

Redmond

Fer

Pilkington

Howson

Hoolahan

Hooper

RVW

Redmond is also one I would want the club to hold, unless silly money is offered....that would be around the 10 million. I only feel the same about Ruddy, Howson, Olsson and possibly Hooper to be honest. Fer I just know will go at the very least on a season loan. Pilkington didnt look like his heart was in it when we did see him last season and Hoolahan...well, I remain of the view that he should never have worn a City shirt again after the Villa debacle and his comments about the club, and I say that knowing he would make an impact for us.

The problem is that with Redmond a lot of it is potential that may or may not come through. I doubt we''d get the sort of figure that some are mentioning, but equally there''s no way we''d accept the £3.5m supposedly offered.

IMO something like £5m-6m with a hefty sell-on clause and we may have to deal.

I think I too would cry myself to sleep with this kind of fee. I think generally most Norwich fans are quite realistic when it comes to player value - didnt really hear anyone objecting to the Snodgrass fee - but these fees are ridiculous. Redmond has the potential to be a world beater, he''s young with all the potential in the world and tonnes of pace. He has all the raw materials to be a truly sensational player. He''s still a rough diamond, but a diamond nonetheless. We shouldnt sell unless we are offered stupid money. I wouldnt be interested until they at least doubled that 6m figure. It is really disappointing if the board is only looking for 6m for one of England (and certainly this clubs) brightest talents. He will definitely play for England in the future - how many of our other players could you say that about?

if the board agrees to let him go for only 6 million they need stringing up

man utd paid 10 million for wilfred zaha, with no premier league experience

redmond has a season in the top flight under his belt, and is banging them in for the under 21s at international level

absolute farce, weve just seen a championship club sell a player to a rival championship team for 11 million, and we are about to let go our brightest prospect for nearly half that to a premier league club?!?!?! are you fkn kidding me

His tweet earlier ...

Am I wrong for wanting better? Should I just settle forever? 🎤

Kirko Bangz (Feat. August Alsina) - Rich 👏🎤

He just conveniently plucked those lyrics out ...

We do not know how much we paid forhimWe do not know how much other club''s have bid for himAll we do know is that if he has a elease/sale clause then he can goBiut again we do not know that figure............

................. but that won''t stop the terminally dim from speculating, and then bleating in protest at those speculations

hmmm, there must be a way to make money from that stupidity

thinks....................

damn !sky already do

Will/would be a key player for us next season. If we sell him little ole norwich is our new/old strategy.

Time will tell

[quote user="The Moose"]Will/would be a key player for us next season. If we sell him little ole norwich is our new/old strategy.

Time will tell[/quote]he will be sold, the fact theyve said 6 million suggests to me the deals already done and their just making out their holding out for more to placate the fans

I''m placated Stan. We got relegated, we''ll end up selling our better players. That''s the joys of football.

It does seem that some do have a problem grasping this fact, Herman - it is inevitable that some of our players will go (and for not as much as we''d hope) - it happens to all sides every season on relegation.

[quote user="Herman "]I''m placated Stan. We got relegated, we''ll end up selling our better players. That''s the joys of football.[/quote]Stan needs to sit down, have a hot sweet tea, and have a think about that.

Why is it always £6 million? Snodgrass was linked at £6million, Fer was linked at £6 million now Redmond is being linked at £6 million...
It''s almost like they''re making this up as they go along....