Sign in to follow this  
morty

Squad for tonight.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Never took you for a moaner Morty, but it could go 6-5![/quote]The winky icon should have been a giveaway[;)]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]OH MY HOLY F@CK I DO NOT BELIEVE IT[/quote]

GIVE IT TO WOLFY![:D]

F**k me, this feels good.
It may have only been Braintree, and EVERYONE knows tougher challenges are to come, but at this moment in time, I feels so good, I don''t give a damn!
[:D]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]F**k me, this feels good.
It may have only been Braintree, and EVERYONE knows tougher challenges are to come, but at this moment in time, I feels so good, I don''t give a damn!
[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D]

I think the reason people have smiles is Wolfie scored not once but TWICE !!!!!!!!Thats one more than last season. Life feels good now hes got a chance to score.

This must surely do wonders for his confidence.I think we will see a different Ricky this year.

Ricardo, we must see a new Ricky as how he had to play last season was strange to him, now hes playing his normal game you will see just what he can do, and I for one cant wait.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]F**k me, this feels good.
[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D][/quote]I wonder if van Wolfswinkel has learned basic stuff like ball control and passing to teammates over the summer. Now that would be good.[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]I hope that is enough smileys...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]F**k me, this feels good.
[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D][/quote]I wonder if van Wolfswinkel has learned basic stuff like ball control and passing to teammates over the summer. Now that would be good.[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]I hope that is enough smileys...[/quote]Few too many......[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]F**k me, this feels good.
[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D][/quote]I wonder if van Wolfswinkel has learned basic stuff like ball control and passing to teammates over the summer. Now that would be good.[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]I hope that is enough smileys...[/quote]Confidence is everything for a striker Purple.Towards the end of last season you could tell that his had drained away. I really hope that this season goes better for him and for us.

[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D][/quote]I wonder if van Wolfswinkel has learned basic stuff like ball control and passing to teammates over the summer. Now that would be good.[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]

[/quote]I really dont think it was about ball control. Didnt you wonder why ALL of our strikers failed last season ??? (look to the manager)

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Forget the past - the future is here![/quote]Very true yelloow, and I think the future is looking good :)

Ghouls here nayul :-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWrL3vwpdk&feature=youtu.be

In other news Becchio was awful at Kings Lynn tonight, Bassong much improved since last game.Bye Becchio, so long, and thanks for all the, errrrr, yeah.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]F**k me, this feels good.
[/quote]Nice to see smiley icons, its been a long time![:D][/quote]I wonder if van Wolfswinkel has learned basic stuff like ball control and passing to teammates over the summer. Now that would be good.[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]I hope that is enough smileys...[/quote]Confidence is everything for a striker Purple.Towards the end of last season you could tell that his had drained away. I really hope that this season goes better for him and for us.[/quote]Confidence is an important factor, ricardo. But it is not everything. You need to be good as well. I''ve only seen van Wolfswinkel play football for a total of 112 minutes, so am not the best person to judge, but in those games (spread over the season) he showed no qualities at all. Particularly lacking, in the absence of clinical finishing, was that kind of stroppiness/nastiness/getting in your faceness (think Bellamy, David Speedie or Paul Dickov) that unsettles defenders. Hooper, though no great shakes technically, has a bit of that. I knew which one I would prefer to mark.Van Wolfswinkel might just, with some confidence back, work as a pure goalscorer, against Championship defences, in the way he did in Portugal, if we can afford that kind of luxury player. But as Bethnal said recently, very few strikers are like that. They need to be able to do more to justify a place. I don''t think it insignificant that the two strikers Adams has signed can both fulfil various roles.It would be a bonus if RvW came good, but we have both seen too many players come and go to allow sentiment to get in the way of reality.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]It a shame, Becchio could be a regular starter if he played the way he did in his last season for leeds[/quote]I think tonight was the last of many chances to impress.He either couldn''t or decided not to.