Sign in to follow this  
morty

Squad for tonight.

Norwich City squad for friendly vs Braintree Town: John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin (c), Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Jonny Howson, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Anthony Pilkington, Mark Bunn (GK), Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson, Ryan Bennett, Alexander Tettey, Andrew Surman, Adel Gafaiti. Anyone missing, that we can presume sold / going?

Dean Coney!!! Where''s Dean Coney?!

Did someone go back and pick up from the millennium and explain it was a joke? Balls, he could be dead.

This reminds me of a documentary i watched one thanksgiving holiday where a young lad is left at home by his careless parents and he spends the entire duration defending his property from burglars. I hope Dean''s not suffered the same consequence.

[quote user="lappinitup"]No Declan Rudd....must be off then.[/quote]Aha, well spotted[Y]Preston, 2.5 million.

[quote user="morty"]Norwich City squad for friendly vs Braintree Town: John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin (c), Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Jonny Howson, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Anthony Pilkington, Mark Bunn (GK), Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson, Ryan Bennett, Alexander Tettey, Andrew Surman, Adel Gafaiti. 

Anyone missing, that we can presume sold / going?
[/quote]

It seems very sensible to take 23 players, if Braintree don''t turn up they could have a game against themselves and it won''t have been a wasted journey.

I don''t see any Becchio listed.

I guess Bassong is too obvious to mention, given that he''s off to Kings Lynn with the U21s. I assume that Jacob Murphy has returned to the U21s to make space for Pilks.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I don''t see any Becchio listed.

I guess Bassong is too obvious to mention, given that he''s off to Kings Lynn with the U21s. I assume that Jacob Murphy has returned to the U21s to make space for Pilks.[/quote]Ah good spot on Becchio and Bassong.I don''t think anyone would bet against those two not being here this season.

Fer is having a holiday in Curacao (his homeland) with his missus so isn''t there because of that. I wonder when he''ll be reporting back (if he''s staying).

Even if we''re probably selling him, he could play a part in August like McCarthy did for Wigan.

Why was Becchio taken to Dereham then? I''d have thought we''ll want to keep potential sale players fit for any prospective buyers.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why was Becchio taken to Dereham then? I''d have thought we''ll want to keep potential sale players fit for any prospective buyers.[/quote]No idea.But I doubt there is a big queue to buy him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Fer is having a holiday in Curacao (his homeland) with his missus so isn''t there because of that. I wonder when he''ll be reporting back (if he''s staying).

Even if we''re probably selling him, he could play a part in August like McCarthy did for Wigan.[/quote]I would guess he''ll have at least 3 weeks off, and he doesn''t technically need a pre season, he should be near enough fully fit (assuming his hamstring is okay)

[quote user="lappinitup"]No Declan Rudd....must be off then.[/quote]

yes heard Arsenal spelled the name wrong on the bid so he''s gone for £15 mil

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Fer is having a holiday in Curacao (his homeland) with his missus so isn''t there because of that. I wonder when he''ll be reporting back (if he''s staying).

Even if we''re probably selling him, he could play a part in August like McCarthy did for Wigan.[/quote]I would guess he''ll have at least 3 weeks off, and he doesn''t technically need a pre season, he should be near enough fully fit (assuming his hamstring is okay)[/quote]

I doubt he''ll get 3 weeks off. That''s pretty much when the first game of the season is. He''ll be back in time for the last couple of friendlies. I wonder how he''ll find the championship (if he sticks around)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Fer is having a holiday in Curacao (his homeland) with his missus so isn''t there because of that. I wonder when he''ll be reporting back (if he''s staying).

Even if we''re probably selling him, he could play a part in August like McCarthy did for Wigan.[/quote]I would guess he''ll have at least 3 weeks off, and he doesn''t technically need a pre season, he should be near enough fully fit (assuming his hamstring is okay)[/quote]

I doubt he''ll get 3 weeks off. That''s pretty much when the first game of the season is. He''ll be back in time for the last couple of friendlies. I wonder how he''ll find the championship (if he sticks around)[/quote]He must be due that at least, he has played a full Premiership season, and then a world cup, without a break.I think, played in the right system he could be devastating in the Championship. If we could convince him to stay I would be looking at building a team around him.

Who would buy Becchio though? He''s barely kicked a ball in 2 years. Only Leeds fans would remember him. Becchio could arguably be unsellable what with wages - and Im sure we would want to recoup some of the money we paid for him. I know it was a swap, but didnt we pay 2.8m for Morrison (who proved himself able at least in the Prem - know he''s floundering a bit now), and didnt we also bung them 500k?

This puts his book value at over 3m by my calculations - not that we''d get anywhere near that for him now

Careful now lads as this is turning just ever so slightly negative and the last thing we need is Wiz, Haven Canary, Bury Yellow, Reggie and Newton to post on here. [:P]

Team news :-Ruddy, E Bennett, Martin(c), Turner, Olsson, Johnson, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, Lafferty, Hooper.

Interesting, Elliot Bennet at right back?

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="morty"]Interesting, Elliot Bennet at right back?[/quote]Looks like it. Diamond to start with again I think.[/quote]Yeah, looks like it.Interesting.

Was just chatting with someone today, and we were discussing Surman, and how he plays best on the left of a diamond.On loan this season though he has played more centrally, and by all accounts, fairly well.

Whilst I''ve never been as pro- ''shift E.Bennett to RB'' as some on here (personally I think he will develop into an excellent wide-midfielder) it actually sort of makes sense to play him at full-back in the relatively narrow diamond formation because the width he can provide down that right-hand side will be crucial to provide a degree of width which is lacking in the diamond.

"Interesting, Elliot Bennet at right back?"

Like the look of that, have thought that he was worth a try as a FB, may well end up being his best position.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Whilst I''ve never been as pro- ''shift E.Bennett to RB'' as some on here (personally I think he will develop into an excellent wide-midfielder) it actually sort of makes sense to play him at full-back in the relatively narrow diamond formation because the width he can provide down that right-hand side will be crucial to provide a degree of width which is lacking in the diamond.[/quote]I am sure the Elliot Bennett at right back thing has come up before, and we have tried it?May even have been in a previous seasons friendlies.

E Benno played really well at RB against Bolton in the first season in the Prem when we had to move Naughton to CB. I remember being really impressed with both of them

Surman is being given the chance to impress that I am pleased with

Becchio did go to Dereham.

I think RB is one of the big question marks for me this season with R Martin seeming to be in a CB

JC wrote the following post at 15/07/2014 6:56 PM:

"I think RB is one of the big question marks for me this season with R Martin seeming to be in a CB "

Agreed JC, interesting to see Adams looking at Benno again in this position, I suspect it could prove to be a good move.

If he is solid enough (which I think he definitely has the ability to be...) it could be very shrewd, especially if Olsson is at LB, could well be overlap central!