Gona be massive for us next year.

Strikers love playing with him. Lafferty and Hooper seem to have a very good understanding with him already.

Granted, only Braintree.

It''s pointless selling him. His market value is low. For the value he''ll add to our promotion challenge, we''re better off keeping and running his contract down then seeking him for £1.5 - £2 million.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Gona be massive for us next year.

Strikers love playing with him. Lafferty and Hooper seem to have a very good understanding with him already.

Granted, only Braintree.

It''s pointless selling him. His market value is low. For the value he''ll add to our promotion challenge, we''re better off keeping and running his contract down then seeking him for £1.5 - £2 million.[/quote]

Selling, not seeking.

For me, we have always looked more dangerous and more capable of holding the ball up when Hoolahan is on the pitch. We simply haven''t had anyone capable of unlocking the defence like he can, especially at this level.

Hopefully his head is in the right place to fight for promotion again next season.

Probably the most interesting tactical option at Adams disposal. We have plenty of players who can play behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, plenty of central midfielders who can function in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 but no one, other than Hoolahan, has ever looked comfortable playing in a diamond for Norwich. Adams clearly wants to play the diamond to some extent, even if just as an alternative to a traditional 4-4-2, in which case Hoolahan is crucial. 
He may not start every game, but he is vital if Norwich want to be tactically flexible. 

[quote user="I.S."]For me, we have always looked more dangerous and more capable of holding the ball up when Hoolahan is on the pitch. We simply haven''t had anyone capable of unlocking the defence like he can, especially at this level.

Hopefully his head is in the right place to fight for promotion again next season.[/quote]

I think wes is professional enough to have his head in the right place. I think he came in for unfair criticism last season. He''s agent was making noises and causing unrest.

You gotta a look at it from Wes''s point of view. He''s 31 years old now and needs some security. If we were to offer him another 2-3 years he''s sign tomorrow. I''d not suggesting this is what we should do. However I haven''t seen any deterioration in his ability over the last year or so.

Wes loves his football and just wants to play. He''s still got plenty In the tank. You can''t blame him for wanting to play regular and wanting some security. He isn''t the mercenary type to chase the dollar and bench warm.

Hopefully he stays and the fans get behind him. He''s been a exceptional player for us, and has shown fantastic loyalty. 6 years of service now. Any one else would be considered a legend.

We need someone with a bit of magic...we really lacked someone who could just pull a goal out of thin air last season. Whether that man is Wes or not remains to be seen.

Interesting twist there - Adams subs Hoolahan back into the game in the 2nd half, instead of bringing Tettey on? Ref, ref, REF... can they do that? :-)

I completely agree. How much would Villa bid for him? A million? Maybe less?Even if Hoolahan comes on and changes two or three games in our favour, those four or six points might be priceless at the end of the season.I think he''ll only go if he (or his agent) really want to engineer a move out