Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

What has Bassong done?

Boy are you really really special. I already posted the stats that when Turner was on the field the defense as a whole was worse, and when Bassong was partnered with 3rd and 4th choice partners and Turner wasn''t on the field the defense was better. You are very mentally challenged.

You can claim every other individual on the planet is mentally challenged until the sun comes down.

The fact is anyone that knows football knows that Turner is one of our best CB''s. In my opinion our best, some will disagree but he''s a huge distance away from what you describe him as.

Just out of curiosity, in your already-incorrect opinion (i''ll blast it down as soon as you state it, of course) who are our best 2 defenders?

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: What has Bassong done?

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: What has Bassong done?

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 14/07/2014 6:30 PM:

Boy are you really really special. I already posted the stats that when Turner was on the field the defense as a whole was worse, and when Bassong was partnered with 3rd and 4th choice partners and Turner wasn''t on the field the defense was better. You are very mentally challenged.

Lovely to see you posting so frequently jaemae2, thanks.

Subject

[quote user="Canary"]I heard (albeit not from the most reliable source) that every player at Norwich has a clause in their contract, if it''s broken they never play for the club again. Apparently Bassong broke the clause and that''s why he was suddenly dropped last season and is training with the u21''s this season.[/quote]

Did your source specify what this clause was? I assume its the same golden rule for every player (like dont sh*g the bosses daughter - *ahem, Wilfried Zaha*) rather than a tailor-made test of loyalty?

So who does that include in our current squad Adams is out of his depth and if you are thinking of a swift return to Prem forget it

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Yes GJP, a few others have been terrible too. Such as Pilkington, who is also a player with talent who didn''t look bothered. Also with plenty of ability, but without the application and with a poor attitude.

If there are any players who are disruptive who don''t want to integrate with the squad and pull together for the greater cause of getting us back in the league above, following the relegation that they played a part in, then we shouldn''t want them here.

That is the point that most of us are making, including you. Your very first post on this thread was this.... Clearly doesn''t want to be here anymore. A much more accomplished centreback than the man who appears to replace him but if his heart isn''t in it then best for everyone if he moves on.

And despite me and others saying almost exactly the same thing you want to argue with us. Not once have I questioned his ability, I''ve been saying exactly the same thing as you said above in bold.

You are picking little snippets that you don''t agree with, and ignoring the majority of the other sentences, which are actually in full agreement with you?

I''d be more than happy if Pilkington and Bassong left the club, to be replaced with people who may have a little less natural talent but who have twice the desire, work rate and ambition.

Grant Holt was hardly Marco Van Basten. If we are going on ability alone then David Fox would be one of our star player, just so happens that he and the club thought it was best for a change instead.
[/quote]

Sorry, made I should have made it clearer that my comments about Bassong are not just a reaction to what has been said on this thread, it''s what I''ve seen written elsewhere and stuff I''ve heard people saying in person.

But even so, I don''t believe his performances were that bad overall even if his attitude was as poor as people think.

Yes, he had some bad games last season but he also had some good ones. We didn''t grab those 10-12 clean sheets with Bassong in the team because he was a liability. And I still struggle to see anyone in our squad who could have defended better than him.

He wouldn''t have been my choice for captain and I think it''s a shame he was given the duty. It was a poor fit and, as I''ve said a few times, it''s made him a target. An easy target.

It does seem odd that he''s generally just got on and accepted it all. Perhaps he''s on massive wages and it''s mainly us that want rid rather than him?

I think we should be striving to try and get him motivated again. He''d be too good for just about every striker at this level if he was back to his best. It seems odd that he''s not even involved with the first team and there''s been no explanation. Does the club think we''re that stupid to not know something is up. If he''s just unfit, why not just say it instead of it stirring up controversial conspiracy theories.

I''ve not seen him linked with anyone since QPR a couple of months ago and now they''ve signed Rio and look like getting Hangeland and Caulker (unless Palace get him)

I can only assume that Seb has made it clear that he doesn''t want to be here. Whilst others like RvW and Hooper may also want out, they are putting in the effort and are committed to NCFC when on the training field/pitch.