Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

What if..

As it stands I don''t think RVW is in Adams plans, but what if he has a great preseason, would you be quick to support him or still be two minded with all the other strikers available - I think RVW is showing he wants a crack.

I am 100% behind RvW Showing us his big crack at retaining a place in the first team. Good on him too, as i for one would rather us pulling the oppositions pants down than them pulling ours.

There''s only one way to beat them! Get round the back!

Oh dear.. i appear to have a creamy oil leak, some water must have got in to my system and mixed with it whilst posting.

It''s flooding out all over my legs.

[quote user="AidanC"]As it stands I don''t think RVW is in Adams plans, but what if he has a great preseason, would you be quick to support him or still be two minded with all the other strikers available - I think RVW is showing he wants a crack.[/quote]What makes you think he isn''t in Neil''s plans?

[quote user="Google Bot"]...taking the number 9 shirt from him perhaps?[/quote]I would hardly call that conclusive evidence that he isn''t in the managers plans.

No one said it was conclusive evidence, he said he ''thinks'' and you asked him why he would ''think'' that...

That''s one explanation, not conclusive evidence - because it was never stated as a fact.

geddit?

[quote user="Google Bot"]No one said it was conclusive evidence, he said he ''thinks'' and you asked him why he would ''think'' that...

That''s one explanation, not conclusive evidence - because it was never stated as a fact.

geddit?[/quote]And if Ricky gets a game tonight we''ll just assume its because he is being put in the shop window, rather than being part of the manager''s plans?

You can do that Morty... what you do is your business of course, you could be staring at his penis for all i care.

Most of us will be hoping that he comes on/starts... whatever and hits the back of the net to make it harder for Adams to overlook him. Because i too think that he''s not in his plans as far as starting 11 goes.

Long term haven''t a clue, just hope Ricky shows some spark in these friendlies.

[quote user="Google Bot"]You can do that Morty... what you do is your business of course, you could be staring at his penis for all i care.

Most of us will be hoping that he comes on/starts... whatever and hits the back of the net to make it harder for Adams to overlook him. Because i too think that he''s not in his plans as far as starting 11 goes.

Long term haven''t a clue, just hope Ricky shows some spark in these friendlies.[/quote]Exactly (apart from the penis bit) wouldn''t it just be easier to see how things pan out, rather than make assumptions based on nothing more than a shirt number?

Well as we''re intelligent creatures i don''t think it''s too far out there to presume that some of us may have thoughts about things, that''s all the OP is putting across, a scenario for us to discuss.

Yet you''re questioning the scenario which has come from inside someones head?... Maybe you should email George Lucas and ask why they were called Jedi''s? Because really that''s a silly name isn''t it!?

[quote user="Google Bot"]Well as we''re intelligent creatures i don''t think it''s too far out there to presume that some of us may have thoughts about things, that''s all the OP is putting across, a scenario for us to discuss.

Yet you''re questioning the scenario which has come from inside someones head?... Maybe you should email George Lucas and ask why they were called Jedi''s? Because really that''s a silly name isn''t it!?[/quote]Lets discuss then.I believe the clubs plan was to loan Ricky out somewhere for a season, but they are struggling to do so. We won''t sell, as we''ll make too much of a loss, so I wouldn''t be surprised to see Ricky here this season, not because he wants to be, but because he has no option.So it is a more likely scenario, and a more productive one for Norwich City, that Neil goes out of his way to try and make him part of his plans.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Google Bot"]You can do that Morty... what you do is your business of course, you could be staring at his penis for all i care.

Long term haven''t a clue, just hope Ricky shows some spark in these friendlies.[/quote]Exactly (apart from the penis bit) wouldn''t it just be easier to see how things pan out, rather than make assumptions based on nothing more than a shirt number?[/quote]

It''s human nature to assume and make judgements.

I disagree with that view personally, mainly because i think there would be a number of clubs over here and in europe that would take him on loan.

We don''t pay super wages here so even if we were asking for 100% to be paid by the other club, i don''t think that would be such a stumbling block.

I think Adams came in and found a broken player and he doesn''t quite know which way to go with him... However, he knows that using him as our starting number 9 comes with it''s own gambles in that he could fold big time bringing the pressure on himself and possibly creating disharmony.

Adams has got new players in and no doubt promised them starting places if they perform and will naturally have a strong willingness that ''his'' players come in and do the biz (Human nature?)

As such, Ricky firmly with cherry hanging in front is perfect to be putting pressure on the new boys. I honestly think that Ricky is a ''Just incase he comes good'' player right now.

With this in mind, as the OP has suggested, we really want Ricky to be putting some performances in now because competition for places is pure gold.

So, The question is (which you didn''t discuss at all) ''if'' Ricky comes in and has a good preseason do we go with him as a starter? Or possibly keep him brewing in the background there?

[quote user="Google Bot"]I disagree with that view personally, mainly because i think there would be a number of clubs over here and in europe that would take him on loan.

We don''t pay super wages here so even if we were asking for 100% to be paid by the other club, i don''t think that would be such a stumbling block.

I think Adams came in and found a broken player and he doesn''t quite know which way to go with him... However, he knows that using him as our starting number 9 comes with it''s own gambles in that he could fold big time bringing the pressure on himself and possibly creating disharmony.

Adams has got new players in and no doubt promised them starting places if they perform and will naturally have a strong willingness that ''his'' players come in and do the biz (Human nature?)

As such, Ricky firmly with cherry hanging in front is perfect to be putting pressure on the new boys. I honestly think that Ricky is a ''Just incase he comes good'' player right now.

With this in mind, as the OP has suggested, we really want Ricky to be putting some performances in now because competition for places is pure gold.

So, The question is (which you didn''t discuss at all) ''if'' Ricky comes in and has a good preseason do we go with him as a starter? Or possibly keep him brewing in the background there?[/quote]If he has a better pre season than the other strikers, why would we not start him?And I very much doubt any new players coming into the club, would have been given an assurance that they would be certain starters.Unless, of course, it really is all down to shirt numbers.....

I don''t know what goes on behind the scenes but i imagine there''s a lot of talk before a player joins as to how they will fit in to the current squad, and that holds quite considerable weight in negotiations.

And yes, i think for a footballer the number on their shirt is important to them and an immediate indication of where they fit into the club. You can''t tell me that a young lad who''s given the number 9 shirt, or the number 1 shirt for the first time bares no emotion to it? Therefore it must work both ways when you lose that shirt.

And i agree 100%, if he has a better pre season than the others he should start. And that is the question, well done for answering it fifth time at trying. I''ve got a chart in my office for you, and you''ve just earnt a shiny gold sticker with a smiley face saying ''I done it!... Be proud.

[quote user="Google Bot"]I don''t know what goes on behind the scenes but i imagine there''s a lot of talk before a player joins as to how they will fit in to the current squad, and that holds quite considerable weight in negotiations.

And yes, i think for a footballer the number on their shirt is important to them and an immediate indication of where they fit into the club. You can''t tell me that a young lad who''s given the number 9 shirt, or the number 1 shirt for the first time bares no emotion to it? Therefore it must work both ways when you lose that shirt.

And i agree 100%, if he has a better pre season than the others he should start. And that is the question, well done for answering it fifth time at trying. I''ve got a chart in my office for you, and you''ve just earnt a shiny gold sticker with a smiley face saying ''I done it!... Be proud.[/quote]You asked the question once, and I answered it!

Haha technically you''re right, the fool forgot the question mark!! This thread is null and void!

Well played Morty, through sheer bloody mindedness you got a free gold star with a smiley face saying ''I done it'' from me... bah!! *Shakes fist*

The fact that RvW had No.9 taken away from him is very relevant to me.

I immediately thought that either the club were looking to offload or RvW wanted to go back into Europe.

I still think RvW may leave, however Im hoping in the meantime he has a great pre-season and this leads to him becoming first choice/becoming happier and wanting to stay.

I still think the lad is very classy and can become a great striker for us back in the Premier League, under the right management and in the right system.