Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Can we keep all players 'happy'

in the Championship ?Last time we were here many of the players may have been content to sit out games as the Championship was a step up from where we signed them fromThis time we have players who have played in the PL and may see themselves as a PL player and whilst playing in the Championship maybe acceptable, sitting on the bench regularly, may not suit.

You''ve gorn and done it now City1st. [:@]All those who''ve been whingeing ''n whining about players leaving, will now be whingeing ''n whining about those who stay. [8o|]

threads will appear about how the board are cheating the fans by refusing to raise money by selling players

Reality is when we played in Champ last time, team was on the back of promotion not relegation. So mood was positive and was an upgrade on our and their status.

And this is where my concern is, I accept and agree that we should do all we can to keep Fer, Redmond, maybe even Hooper, but reality is their agents will be working hard to get them a PL club. Most if not all have had salaries cut and in the case of Redmond and Fer, both are looking to increase their international opportunities.

Therefore, whilst we should push to keep them, we may have to accept and realise that behind the scenes these guys want to go, and do we need players in the squad not committed to getting us promoted?

I cannot believe it will be for lack of ambition from the board we will sell these players, if we do, and I''m sure we will do our best to maximise the fee, as we amazingly did with Snoddy, but that may not happen every time we sell.

That''s why I''m preparing for the loss of Fer, and possibly Redmond if a team like Southampton, with their cash, throw 6-7m at us with a sell on clause.

One caveat to Redmond we might bear in mind when dealing with the Saints. They sold a similar player in 2006 to Arsenal for £9m..........