Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Petition for an edit button and a fix for the 'quote' facility

I know Im not the only one who is annoyed by the lack of an edit button, that despite our protests never appears. The quote facility when used by chrome users is also a joke that needs fixing.

I know I could get round the edit button issue by checking things more carefully before I post, but then again, I dont want to enable the continuation of a poor design.

Please can we have an edit button and can someone sort the quote facility. Sign the petition if its not just me

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I know Im not the only one who is annoyed by the lack of an edit button, that despite our protests never appears. The quote facility when used by chrome users is also a joke that needs fixing.

I know I could get round the edit button issue by checking things more carefully before I post, but then again, I dont want to enable the continuation of a poor design.

Please can we have an edit button and can someone sort the quote facility. Sign the petition if its not just me[/quote]Download Firefox, quote works fine on there.And can you imagine the carnage if people could go back and edit their original posts?They ain''t gonna change it, to be honest.

Gets my vote, you can set a max time limit on edit buttons..........most sites do![:|]

Haha, it might stop the petty squabbling if people couldnt reliably trawl back through old posts to find slanderous previous postings to prove they were right all along! Bit like Google and the ''right to be forgotten''

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Haha, it might stop the petty squabbling if people couldnt reliably trawl back through old posts to find slanderous previous postings to prove they were right all along! Bit like Google and the ''right to be forgotten''[/quote]Nothing will stop the petty squabbling[:)]

[quote user="Herman "]You''d need some moderators first.......[;)][/quote]

If only there were an edit button, then I could change the title of this thread to add ''and some moderators''. And you''d be able to make sense of the quote...

[:D]

As Morty said Firefox works fine, and IE is ok but only on compatibility mode.

This forum hates google products.

[quote user="Herman "]

[:D]

As Morty said Firefox works fine, and IE is ok but only on compatibility mode.

This forum hates google products.

[/quote]There was a thread ages ago telling you how to fix it on Chrome, and also on Safari. Though on my ipad I use a browser called Mercury, that is similar to Firefox, and it works really well.

I did try following that thread but it started going over my head. I''ll stick with what I know. It''s easier on the head[Y]

TMGD I am afraid you will have to work around the problem. Archant are not going to spend any money on this.

Now if any of you know how to get shitty virgin broadband to stop crashing that would be a help. 

[quote user="Herman "]

I did try following that thread but it started going over my head. I''ll stick with what I know. It''s easier on the head[Y]

TMGD I am afraid you will have to work around the problem. Archant are not going to spend any money on this.

Now if any of you know how to get shitty virgin broadband to stop crashing that would be a help. 

[/quote]The answer there is get BT Infinity.

[quote user="Wiz"]Gets my vote, you can set a max time limit on edit buttons..........most sites do![:|][/quote]why ?when you have the ultimate sanction of getting the whole thread removedas to quotes then why not do what pretty much every other form of media docut and paste ................ quick and cuts out the awful quote inside quote inside quoteand the goobledegook when when using Microsoft shi te

[quote user="Herman "]I did try following that thread but it started going over my head. I''ll stick with what I know. It''s easier on the head[/quote]Not difficult Herman just download this........https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/spoofUse the 4th one down (the mask). Problem sorted.(Not sure if you get a choice of masks but if you do select Firefox).

Oh right, cheers Lapps. Will try and see if that sort of thing works on my phone.

Oh my god, it''s like a geek convention around here. Nerd alert! Just type in the white box and press "post", and stop crying about it you fannies.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Oh my god, it''s like a geek convention around here. Nerd alert! Just type in the white box and press "post", and stop crying about it you fannies.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Herman "]I did try following that thread but it started going over my head. I''ll stick with what I know. It''s easier on the head[/quote]Not difficult Herman just download this........https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/spoofUse the 4th one down (the mask). Problem sorted.(Not sure if you get a choice of masks but if you do select Firefox).[/quote]Bump.

I did see it Lapps. Cheers and will investigate that.

If you''re bumping it for others then ignore that:-)

Does anybody honestly believe Archant are going to spend a single penny on this messageboard? No, its'' days must surely be numbered. A modern alternative would probably look more like Reddit, where users can post and upvote/downvote comments they think add to the discussion. Sure it has problems, but it would remove the wind from the sails of Wiz and ...the other guy that posts nonsensical and/or negative crap. @Herman as a fellow Virgin ..customer I too have experienced the outages on the Virgin fibre optic service in last few weeks. I''m in Thorpe St Andrew don''t know about you. I''m led to believe that it is a combination of fault finding+fixing and some upgrade work. Due to finish the work 22nd July.PS Thanks to Bor Bor Bor for my new signature.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I know Im not the only one who is annoyed by the lack of an edit button, that despite our protests never appears. The quote facility when used by chrome users is also a joke that needs fixing.

Please can we have an edit button and can someone sort the quote facility. Sign the petition if its not just me[/quote]Download Firefox, quote works fine on there.And can you imagine the carnage if people could go back and edit their original posts?They ain''t gonna change it, to be honest.[/quote]I use firefox all the time.

quote sometimes works and sometimes doesnt