Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Are we being conned again by the Board ?

Are we all being led up the garden path again by Delia & her merry band who constantly spin yarns that the majority of mugs on this board are desperate to believe :-

We do not need to sell any player

It is quite obvious that the club are trying to get the highest wage earners off the bill by the way Bassong & Wolf have been treated with high squad numbers etc

Everyone will be given a chance to earn a place in the squad

All those who whispered dissent were not at Dereham - Pilkington, Hoolihan, Bassong, Wolf & Olsen

We have money to invest in the squad and are looking to strengthen all areas

The only money spent appears to be the £7M we got for Snodgrass which has been reienvested in Lafferty & Grabben, no further investment made & we are not stongly linked to anyone

I could be wrong & everything could be rosy in the garden but, with Royale jumping ship and the cheapest possible appointments for the new management team I am worried

If there is something going on at the club & we are not being told the truth, senior players will start to make noises & will be looking to jump ship as the window closes

I just hope the Board are not trying to make little old Norwich the only cash rich club in the Championship

I get a bad feeling too. We are the richest club in the championship and now I heard we''ll sell Fer for only £6M and I just feel like... let''s bring Robert Chase back... It''s just business... We have no ambitions...

If you are playing a game of poker you don''t tell the other players that you have been dealt a bad hand. So far we have signed more players than we have sold.Of course it is likely that we need to lose a few players, like every relegated team, even QPR and Newcastle had to lose a few high earners. Probably also likely that Adams is waiting for one or two to leave before he can bring one or two in. What would we possibly have go gain by announcing to the world that we need to sell? It would only mean vultures circling and players leaving for less money, which could mean more having to leave. Obviously never worked in a sales job or had to negotiate with anybody?

Negative Newton is having another go at the board. Surprise, surprise. Wes, Pilks and Ollson were given extended leave and RvW not quite ready. The only player "missing" was Bassong, but don''t let the truth get in the way of a chance to attack the board Newt.

[quote user="Newton"]Are we all being led up the garden path again by Delia & her merry band who constantly spin yarns that the majority of mugs on this board are desperate to believe :-

We do not need to sell any player

It is quite obvious that the club are trying to get the highest wage earners off the bill by the way Bassong & Wolf have been treated with high squad numbers etc

Everyone will be given a chance to earn a place in the squad

All those who whispered dissent were not at Dereham - Pilkington, Hoolihan, Bassong, Wolf & Olsen

We have money to invest in the squad and are looking to strengthen all areas

The only money spent appears to be the £7M we got for Snodgrass which has been reienvested in Lafferty & Grabben, no further investment made & we are not stongly linked to anyone

I could be wrong & everything could be rosy in the garden but, with Royale jumping ship and the cheapest possible appointments for the new management team I am worried

If there is something going on at the club & we are not being told the truth, senior players will start to make noises & will be looking to jump ship as the window closes

I just hope the Board are not trying to make little old Norwich the only cash rich club in the Championship[/quote]

Relegated Club in cutting costs shocker!!

By Newton,

Are we all being led up the garden path again by Delia & her merry band who constantly spin yarns that the majority of mugs on this board are desperate to believe :-

There is only a conspiracy going on at NCFC if you like to believe there is Newton and in this statement you are answering your own question.

Whats the weather like in Norfolk at the moment? I will be travelling soon to catch up with family and take a couple of matches in and want to know what to pack.

Newton in Anti-Club post shocker!

Seriously though, there''s a whole clutch of members here who do nothing but post negative, depressing crap all the time. I know following NCFC is not all rosy but surely they could make one slightly positive remark once in a while?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Newton in Anti-Club post shocker!

Seriously though, there''s a whole clutch of members here who do nothing but post negative, depressing crap all the time. I know following NCFC is not all rosy but surely they could make one slightly positive remark once in a while?[/quote]But people speak as they find Joanna.Speaking personally, I posted mainly positive stuff during the Lambert era. Who wouldn''t ? Things were going well. During the last couple of traumatic years, I''ve posted a lot of critical things, because, surprise surprise, things have not been going very well at all.And now...? well I , like a lot of people am worried about how this untried formula is going to work, but, that said, prepared to give it a go and approach things with an open mind. So, my posting reflects that: positive but with reservations.It''s not that difficult, if you think about it.

What has "positive but with reservations" got to do with the unalloyed negativity of most of the posters you rush to defend?

For a relatively balanced critic, you keep curious company. I''ll be honest, you come across as Nick Clegg murmuring "you mustn''t attack us, we''re really rather reasonable" as he oddly inserts himself in front of a baying, drooling mob of hard-right activists.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]What has "positive but with reservations" got to do with the unalloyed negativity of most of the posters you rush to defend?

For a relatively balanced critic, you keep curious company. I''ll be honest, you come across as Nick Clegg murmuring "you mustn''t attack us, we''re really rather reasonable" as he oddly inserts himself in front of a baying, drooling mob of hard-right activists.[/quote]No-one is pretending that there aren''t some dyed in the wool negatives on here , A47. Dammit, the usual happy clapper suspects lumped me in with them not long ago, so at least you have called me right.But I maintain that the majority on here are as I say. Positive with reservations. What''s wrong with that policy ?

[quote user="star_manic"]Negative Newton is having another go at the board. Surprise, surprise. Wes, Pilks and Ollson were given extended leave and RvW not quite ready. The only player "missing" was Bassong, but don''t let the truth get in the way of a chance to attack the board Newt.[/quote]

THIS!!!

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 15/07/2014 3:30 PM:

But I maintain that the majority on here are as I say. Positive with reservations. What''s wrong with that policy ?

But that policy is not what the OP is portraying!

Typical thread from a typically negative poster who sets out to get a negative bandwagon going - made worse by people like Reg who somehow manages to give credence to the poster who sets out his post with these two lines -(Newton -)"Are we all being led up the garden path again by Delia & her merry

band who constantly spin yarns that the majority of mugs on this board

are desperate to believe"

by saying - (Reg -)"but people speak as they find" I suggest Newton is not speaking as he finds but has an anti-club agenda and shows it with practically every post he writes, making damaging statements about the club and following it with stuff that sounds reasonable. Posters with an anti-club agenda give themselves away every time, however much they try to cover their tracks - on a message board you can run, but you can''t hide.

[quote user="Newton"]Are we all being led up the garden path again by Delia & her merry band who constantly spin yarns that the majority of mugs on this board are desperate to believe :- We do not need to sell any player It is quite obvious that the club are trying to get the highest wage earners off the bill by the way Bassong & Wolf have been treated with high squad numbers etc Everyone will be given a chance to earn a place in the squad All those who whispered dissent were not at Dereham - Pilkington, Hoolihan, Bassong, Wolf & Olsen We have money to invest in the squad and are looking to strengthen all areas The only money spent appears to be the £7M we got for Snodgrass which has been reienvested in Lafferty & Grabben, no further investment made & we are not stongly linked to anyone I could be wrong & everything could be rosy in the garden but, with Royale jumping ship and the cheapest possible appointments for the new management team I am worried If there is something going on at the club & we are not being told the truth, senior players will start to make noises & will be looking to jump ship as the window closes I just hope the Board are not trying to make little old Norwich the only cash rich club in the Championship[/quote]

1. Huzzah!

2. Yes.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Whats the weather like in Norfolk at the moment? I will be travelling soon to catch up with family and take a couple of matches in and want to know what to pack.[/quote]

It''s quite hoomid, you''ll notice it coming from that dry desert heat.

It''s amazing that so many people will bite on pure, unsupported specualtion. Given that Fer only left Brazil for the Netherlands on Sunday, this story lacks credibility. The fee quoted makes it even more so. 6m euros seems like a reasonable amount in the Netherlands, but it''s a ridiculous amount for Fer. Also, the fact that it''s QPR, whose stay in the Premiership isn''t guaranteed, makes it even less believable. Southampton, with a Dutch manager, maybe, but not QPR.

Well those of us who sussed Hughton 18 months ago were put on the rack.

Most who expressed similar opinions were accused of binners, cocks, bell ends etc you get my drift?

I have been critical of the club but I''ve supported NCFC for 60 years and generations of my family.

I still maintain that Bowkett/McNally were put in place with the full backing of our banks and creditors. They had full control of the club and tasked to restore stability financially and professionally.

The next three years said it all. No longer little Norwich being taken for a ride in transfer markets plus unbelievable staff employments. Positive decisions, brilliant PR and we rarely heard from our owners.

I look at what has happened in the last two years, I hear the explanations for last seasons decision making and how these decisions were arrived at and I fear that we are drifting back to the Doncaster era.

Adams was a laughable decision but could just come off. I hope it does and over the next few weeks we will have some idea of just what is going on within the club. I just hope that McNally and Bowkett will stay to help regain our Premier status

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well those of us who sussed Hughton 18 months ago were put on the rack.

Most who expressed similar opinions were accused of binners, cocks, bell ends etc you get my drift?

I have been critical of the club but I''ve supported NCFC for 60 years and generations of my family.

I still maintain that Bowkett/McNally were put in place with the full backing of our banks and creditors. They had full control of the club and tasked to restore stability financially and professionally.

The next three years said it all. No longer little Norwich being taken for a ride in transfer markets plus unbelievable staff employments. Positive decisions, brilliant PR and we rarely heard from our owners.

I look at what has happened in the last two years, I hear the explanations for last seasons decision making and how these decisions were arrived at and I fear that we are drifting back to the Doncaster era.

Adams was a laughable decision but could just come off. I hope it does and over the next few weeks we will have some idea of just what is going on within the club. I just hope that McNally and Bowkett will stay to help regain our Premier status[/quote]Did you genuinely believe that the club would rise and rise and rise?Or that there would be a natural financial and footballing plateau that would be reached?

If  Fer goes for less than £10M he must have a get out clause in his contract

This guy is someone who we must do our best to keep he will set the Champs on fire next season

Iif we are under no financial pressure to sell and he must have 2 years plus on his contract,  he should only go if we recieve an offer we cannot turn down (Adams words not mine)

If he goes for under £10M he must have a get out in his contract (but McNally said no one had ?)

[quote user="Newton"]

If  Fer goes for less than £10M he must have a get out clause in his contract

This guy is someone who we must do our best to keep he will set the Champs on fire next season

Iif we are under no financial pressure to sell and he must have 2 years plus on his contract,  he should only go if we recieve an offer we cannot turn down (Adams words not mine)

If he goes for under £10M he must have a get out in his contract (but McNally said no one had ?)

[/quote]I think what must be considered here is that all this flap is based on nothing more than a bit of tittle tattle in a second rate rag of a newspaper.I would like him to stay too, but as you say, if we get an offer that can''t be refused (similar to snoddys) then he''ll be off.

Morty has to be considerably more than Snoddys figure, he has far more potential - £6/7M no where near enough

Snoddy only had 1 year left on his contract and could leave for free next summer, Fer has 3/4 years left

[quote user="Newton"]

Morty has to be considerably more than Snoddys figure, he has far more potential - £6/7M no where near enough

Snoddy only had 1 year left on his contract and could leave for free next summer, Fer has 3/4 years left

[/quote]Oh I totally agree, I was only making the comparison in the context of "an offer we can''t refuse"And I would be disappointed with less than 10 million.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well those of us who sussed Hughton 18 months ago were put on the rack.

I have been critical of the club but I''ve supported NCFC for 60 years and generations of my family.1) I still maintain that Bowkett/McNally were put in place with the full backing of our banks and creditors. They had full control of the club and tasked to restore stability financially and professionally.

The next three years said it all. No longer little Norwich being taken for a ride in transfer markets plus unbelievable staff employments.2) Positive decisions, brilliant PR and we rarely heard from our owners.

3) Adams was a laughable decision but could just come off
. I hope it does and over the next few weeks we will have some idea of just what is going on within the club. I just hope that McNally and Bowkett will stay to help regain our Premier status[/quote]1) Actually that is not what you kept on saying, which is that Bowkett and McNally were IMPOSED on Smith and Jones by the banks/creditors. That way you could give them no credit for either appointment.But then you never provided a shred of evidence for this claim - and still don''t. And to show how little credibility it has you ended up having to turn the chronology of events on its head to claim that it was Bowkett who brought in McNally. A neat trick since McNally was in place and working as CEO a full month before Bowkett - as he said publicly - finally agreed to Smith and Jones''s entreaties to become chairman. You also had to ignore the obvious explanation, which was that S&J''s good friend Roy Hodgson recommended McNally, based on their time at Fulham, while believing that Bowkett, who had no serious connection with professional football, had somehow known all about McNally.The banks/creditors may well have been happy with the two choices but there is a big difference between that and forcing them on our owners.2) You cannot have been paying attention. The PR - and some of the decision-making - became dreadful. Avoidable mistake after mistake after mistake. For the first time in the club''s history being found guilty by an FA tribunal of breaking the rules on tapping up. A mistake that hangs over us still. Break the rules again and we will be sentenced as repeat offenders. Shopping a teenage nerd to the police. Getting absurdly heavy-handed with a small local brewery. An increasingly embarrassing ban on Look East that was never going to work.3) As to the recent past you seem not to understand the significance of your own quote from Macmillan. What has been happening has not been some grasping back of power by Smith and Jones, leading to bad decisions. It is simply that events got harder for the directors, Bowkett and McNally included. And this is the second time you have (no doubt cunningly in your mind) hedged your bets over the Adams appointment. If it works then it can be taken as a sign that Bowkett and McNally still hold sway. If it fails then of course he was S&J''s choice all along.

What we are seeing is how inadequate McNasty truly is in terms of bringing success to the club.

It is clear who the talent was in the Lambert/mcnasty partnership. Only when The stowmarket 2 are gone and we get rid of mcnasty/bowkett will be start to see the rise of the club again.

Long live Paul Lambert

Newton...Bury...Haven( who no doubt will be along shortly with another one of his accounts )...Reggie...and Wiz already on board so nearly a full set.

Of course they will say carefully chosen words.

Here''s how I read the situation:

"No sweetheart clauses" - There is no relegation release fees but there may be existing clauses, notably Leroy Fer may have one saying he could have left for £8m even if we weren''t relegated. £4m was a bargain at the time and probably meant something like this.

"Don''t have to sell anyone" - Literally means we have a lot of money in the coffers at the moment and we don''t actually have to sell anyone if we don''t want to. What comes into play here is how much we gamble on an instant return.

Taking to extremes we could have said literally nobody is going that we want to keep and we''re going to spunk £11m on people like McCormack with the hope we buy our way back. This is very risky though and would leave us screwed in a couple of years if we still were down here. While it''s a nice strategy on Football Manager where you can reload a game or start a new one, in reality, we all want a football club to support at the end of the day.

We could also take the approach of "we we''re down now, let''s cash in and start a fresh." We have plenty of players on the books and the our most saleable assets would be sold off reasonably cheaply to get rid quick while they are still worth millions. Ruddy, Fer, Olsson, Hooper would all leave for an average of £5m and we''d rely on our youth and the likes of Howson and co to get us back up. This would leave us on a level with just about every other championship team but with £20m-£30m burning a hole in our pockets. This money will be useful to sit on as the premiership riches ebb away.

Whilst a sensible sounding philosophy, it''s not a fans favourite obviously and would show a lack of ambition. We''d most likely be stuck at tier 2 until we had a lucky or unlucky relegation/ promotion.

I think we''ll be somewhere in the middle. I hope Fer, RvW and co are given a chance until Jan at least to right their wrongs and that we believe there''s a sustainable top flight club in there. I worry that our board may not be that confident (it is their money so easier for me to be) in our team and set up and that we might sell one or two too many and be relying on chance. It could be costly if we kept Fer and RvW and they were rubbish for us. We''d get to January and nobody would even want to take them off us for free! I have faith they''ll still come good though at least at Championship level.

"Relegation wage drops" - most likely a blanket company policy of proportionate wage reduction, maybe around 25% off the wages?

I think though Jimmy that people are taking too polarised a view. It isn''t going to be "Sod it, we''ll keep everyone and risk financial ruin if we don''t go up" nor will it be "Fire sale, everything Norwich City must go"The answer lies in a compromise somewhere between, and in making sensible decisions.

The cook has held our club back for years, even in the Premier.

Until she sells up (at a profit!) or just conks out, then the club will never move to its true destiny unless serious money comes in.

If bloody Hull can be attractive to a rich bloke so can we![A]