Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Do you wish you were German?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]What an enjoyable thread, but surely shouldn''t you all be out enjoying the best summer we have had in years.[/quote]

Summer?  Up here?   Been and gone.  I''ve been working on and off today, but its been entertaining looking in on here and trying to get the better of Norty, which to be honest isn''t that difficult.     Quite revealing  following the source of his pictures - tells you all you need to know about him and his middle-aged, school boy kn*bbishness. 

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/large-bun-door-knob-3034-51-abu_zps770b306a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/large-bun-door-knob-3034-51-abu_zps770b306a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]What an enjoyable thread, but surely shouldn''t you all be out enjoying the best summer we have had in years.[/quote]I was out for lunch with a friend, not as nice a day in the fine city as it was yesterday![/quote]

What did you have for your lunch.....no, don''t tell me......C*ckaleeky Soup with a roll and a kn*b of butter?    Followed by C*ck and Chips?   Pudding of Spotted D*ck?Washed down with a cup of warm c*ckee? [:^)]

Its quite sad that you think you are funny, and you are, in fact, Olympic grade boring.

[quote user="morty"]Its quite sad that you think you are funny, and you are, in fact, Olympic grade boring.[/quote]

Funny, no.  Just proving a point.Eating chocolate until you are sick will cure you of eating chocolate.  Smoking ten cigarettes at once and then doing it again and again until it makes you feel sick will likely put you off smoking.  Say the word  "kn*b" a thousand times in ten minutes and you''ll realise that it isn''t remotely funny.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Its quite sad that you think you are funny, and you are, in fact, Olympic grade boring.[/quote]

Funny, no.  Just proving a point.Eating chocolate until you are sick will cure you of eating chocolate.  Smoking ten cigarettes at once and then doing it again and again until it makes you feel sick will likely put you off smoking.  Say the word  "kn*b" a thousand times in ten minutes and you''ll realise that it isn''t remotely funny.

[/quote]Sorry, you''re not proving anything, other than the fact you''re a knob.[:)]

Funny how people whine about all this, yet so desperately want to get involved....

You wouldn''t Bor, you wouldn''t get all of the negativity around the teams as well. The fans are very calm in the main (taking Dynamo Dresden/a lot of the old East Germany teams'' fans out of the picture, they are just animals). I actually got really angry with some Hannover fans being so calm and happy after throwing away a 2-0 lead and losing 3-2

In reply to your comment a fair few pages ago before a lot of drivel I realised I actually cared about the German national team when England beat then 5-1 (as an Englishman should have been the best day of my life as I am sure it was for a lot of the younger generation on here) but I didn''t enjoy it.

My German friends didn''t care about losing to England heavily, they were just embarrassed that Heskey scored!

Cheers Herman, saw this the other day and meant to read it but forgot about it!

Yeah, Union Berlin are a real community team, no individual is allowed to own more than 50% of a club to stop them having a ruling majority. There are only three clubs that are allowed, that is Hannover (owner allowed to go above as has been there for over 25 years), Wolfsburg (owned by Volkswagen) and Leverkusen (owned by Bayer)

Brilliant article. Dynamo Dresden are one of the most hated teams in Germany, they are some serious idiots, I saw them at Dortmund in the Pokal (FA Cup) and the match had to be stopped several times because of flares. When me & my Dad arrived at the ground there was an army of riot police and there had been some trouble before the match which is rare as usually all fans mingle and drink together but that doesn''t happen with Dresden. Or with Bayern v Dortmund

The rivalries are serious in Germany, Dortmund and Schalke are a massive rivalry and the other year all Dortmund fans refused to pay something like 40 Euro for away tickets to go to Schalke taking a stand against the cost, next year the price was reduced.

Hannover v Braunschweig is also a massive rivalry. Last year they played at Braunschweig, 25,000 fans, 6,000 riot police in case of issues. There is a big rivalry between the two cities historically outside of football

In most matches though you will see the odd away fan in the home end, in their shirt/scarf cheering on their team and not being any issue. I once went to see Hannover and even though in the home end I was surrounded by away fans - my fault for sitting behind the away end though

To be fair it''s not just in Germany that support and atmosphere is better than here, most European teams and particularly those in Turkey have fanatical support, the like of which we can only remember from the distant past. Just shows to what extent the game has been ruined here.

I''d probably agree with that, although I have no real experience to base it off.

I think the two muck throwers here actually like each other really and are just putting on a show for the rest of us