Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Do you wish you were German?

[quote user="Jenkins"]If I read all the threads on here Reggie I fear I might catch some sort of nasty contagious internet virus which makes you call everybody a genital organ.[/quote]Have you been at the gin, Jenkins ?What the hell are you on about ?Please show me where I''ve called anyone a ''genital organ ''.

Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]What can I say, its a flaccid spam javelin, rich environment.[;)]

[quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]

Fair enough Jenks. I knew there had to be shome mishtake.I tend to fight shy of the knob comments on these sort of threads.But , it''s true . Morticia''s your man for the phallus stuff.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]

Fair enough Jenks. I knew there had to be shome mishtake.I tend to fight shy of the knob comments on these sort of threads.But , it''s true . Morticia''s your man for the phallus stuff.[/quote]

With you talking b0ll0cks I think all parts are covered.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]

Fair enough Jenks. I knew there had to be shome mishtake.I tend to fight shy of the knob comments on these sort of threads.But , it''s true . Morticia''s your man for the phallus stuff.[/quote]

[/quote][:D]

This thread is one of the main reasons I rarely put anything on to this message board. It is obvious that LDC was referring to being a German football fan e.g. celebrating winning a World Cup so all of the backward xenophobic comments about being German and German history, those that have put stuff on here should take a long hard look at yourselves

Back to the reason for the thread, as you might be able to guess I am part German and I for one am very proud of this. I am also proud of the way German football has regenerated over the past 15 years since going out of the group stages at Euro 2000. The moment I started to support Germany (ahead of England) was when England beat Germany 5-1 and the next day I got berated at school by idiots and “smart alecs” like some of the comments on here.

German football is better than English football for several reasons, 1. Atmosphere, you are guaranteed a great atmosphere at ANY German match, there are people who go to the matches to have a few drinks with their mates and sing all game long (regardless of the scoreline), this ensures a great atmosphere, 2. Cost, you can go to almost any stadium for 10-15 Euro, 3. Standing, I didn’t get to stand much at football in my youth as seating had come in most places, if you want one of the best atmospheres in football go to Dortmund and stand on the Sudkurve if you can get tickets, 4. Whilst you have a constant dominant force in Bayern Munich, it is rare that the pack behind them are the same, you usually get a surprise team into Europe. Over the past few seasons you have had Frankfurt, Hannover (my team) and Mainz all getting into Europe through the league probably the equivalent of Norwich or Swansea finishing 5th in the Prem.

When I talk of atmosphere at football, I have experienced football in Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, France, Belgium, Spain, Holland, Austria and been to over 60 of the league grounds. I have also been to most of the Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga grounds and Germany is by far the best.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m not one who likes monopolies, so it''s good to see that Mortis has not got the exclusive contract on the pathetic childish schoolyard insults, ALOS.PS , have you two ever considered teaming up and (whisper it quietly) either trying to insult someone in a more cerebral way , or actually contributing something useful to this forum ? Just a thought .......

[quote user="JC"]The moment I started to support Germany (ahead of England) was when England beat Germany 5-1 and the next day I got berated at school by idiots and “smart alecs” like some of the comments on here.[/quote]So you supported England until England beat Germany, at which point you decided to start supporting Germany?Remind me - what''s German for "plastic"?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jenkins"]Calm down Reggie, not directed at you old chap. But I have to say having glanced at a few recent threads genitalia seem to feature quite regularly.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m not one who likes monopolies, so it''s good to see that Mortis has not got the exclusive contract on the pathetic childish schoolyard insults, ALOS.PS , have you two ever considered teaming up and (whisper it quietly) either trying to insult someone in a more cerebral way , or actually contributing something useful to this forum ? Just a thought .......[/quote]I think c0ck describes you perfectly, but if you''d rather I can call you a cu nt?Would that be preferable?

[quote user="Dibble"]Morty wrote

"I think c0ck describes you perfectly, but if you''d rather I can call you a cu nt?

Would that be preferable?"

Wow[/quote]Don''t worry, Dibble. Par for the course.The fact that he thinks cu nt is more cerebral than c0ck tells you all you need to know about his mental state.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Dibble"]Morty wrote

"I think c0ck describes you perfectly, but if you''d rather I can call you a cu nt?

Would that be preferable?"

Wow[/quote]Don''t worry, Dibble. Par for the course.The fact that he thinks cu nt is more cerebral than c0ck tells you all you need to know about his mental state.[/quote]Poor, poor Reggie[:(]

[quote user="JC"]This thread is one of the main reasons I rarely put anything on to this message board. It is obvious that LDC was referring to being a German football fan e.g. celebrating winning a World Cup so all of the backward xenophobic comments about being German and German history, those that have put stuff on here should take a long hard look at yourselves Back to the reason for the thread, as you might be able to guess I am part German and I for one am very proud of this. I am also proud of the way German football has regenerated over the past 15 years since going out of the group stages at Euro 2000. The moment I started to support Germany (ahead of England) was when England beat Germany 5-1 and the next day I got berated at school by idiots and “smart alecs” like some of the comments on here. German football is better than English football for several reasons, 1. Atmosphere, you are guaranteed a great atmosphere at ANY German match, there are people who go to the matches to have a few drinks with their mates and sing all game long (regardless of the scoreline), this ensures a great atmosphere, 2. Cost, you can go to almost any stadium for 10-15 Euro, 3. Standing, I didn’t get to stand much at football in my youth as seating had come in most places, if you want one of the best atmospheres in football go to Dortmund and stand on the Sudkurve if you can get tickets, 4. Whilst you have a constant dominant force in Bayern Munich, it is rare that the pack behind them are the same, you usually get a surprise team into Europe. Over the past few seasons you have had Frankfurt, Hannover (my team) and Mainz all getting into Europe through the league probably the equivalent of Norwich or Swansea finishing 5th in the Prem. When I talk of atmosphere at football, I have experienced football in Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, France, Belgium, Spain, Holland, Austria and been to over 60 of the league grounds. I have also been to most of the Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga grounds and Germany is by far the best.[/quote]

That is pretty impressive JC! Either the navigator wasn''t working or you had an offer for the ages that caused you to locate to Sheffield.

[quote user="JC"]This thread is one of the main reasons I rarely put anything on to this message board. It is obvious that LDC was referring to being a German football fan e.g. celebrating winning a World Cup so all of the backward xenophobic comments about being German and German history, those that have put stuff on here should take a long hard look at yourselves

Back to the reason for the thread, as you might be able to guess I am part German and I for one am very proud of this. I am also proud of the way German football has regenerated over the past 15 years since going out of the group stages at Euro 2000. The moment I started to support Germany (ahead of England) was when England beat Germany 5-1 and the next day I got berated at school by idiots and “smart alecs” like some of the comments on here.

German football is better than English football for several reasons, 1. Atmosphere, you are guaranteed a great atmosphere at ANY German match, there are people who go to the matches to have a few drinks with their mates and sing all game long (regardless of the scoreline), this ensures a great atmosphere, 2. Cost, you can go to almost any stadium for 10-15 Euro, 3. Standing, I didn’t get to stand much at football in my youth as seating had come in most places, if you want one of the best atmospheres in football go to Dortmund and stand on the Sudkurve if you can get tickets, 4. Whilst you have a constant dominant force in Bayern Munich, it is rare that the pack behind them are the same, you usually get a surprise team into Europe. Over the past few seasons you have had Frankfurt, Hannover (my team) and Mainz all getting into Europe through the league probably the equivalent of Norwich or Swansea finishing 5th in the Prem.

When I talk of atmosphere at football, I have experienced football in Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, France, Belgium, Spain, Holland, Austria and been to over 60 of the league grounds. I have also been to most of the Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga grounds and Germany is by far the best.[/quote]

You paint a compelling picture of  German football.  Atmosphere, sociability and standing areas too.   Its a far cry from this country, but then a lot of European culture is a far cry from over here.   We are learning - but very slowly.  

It''s funny how most people have ignored the actual point now that the handbags have come out (as amusing as it is to watch)

I totally agree with you though.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Ah, another one....[/quote]

Another what ?  [:^)] 

On second thoughts, don''t bother, we can all guess.............

[/quote]I was referring to another newly made profile having a pop at me.It really was nothing to do with you whatsoever.It really isn''t all about you.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Ah, another one....[/quote]Another what ?  [:^)]  On second thoughts, don''t bother, we can all guess.............[/quote]I was referring to another newly made profile having a pop at me.It really was nothing to do with you whatsoever.It really isn''t all about you.[/quote]

Never said it was about me - just wanted clarification.  Its all about you and your maintaining your status as self-appointed top dog.  The trouble is the more you try and do it, the worse it makes you look.

Bore off Lakey, this is actually just about keeping your thread at the top of the page.For all the whining the likes of Wiz, Reggie and you do, its actually you idiots that seek me out and engage me.Then moan about it.Have a wee think about that.

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]so you''ve never wondered why you''re disliked by so many posters then[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/10364214_10154329963885324_1663823717665511985_n_zpsaa9fe13f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/10364214_10154329963885324_1663823717665511985_n_zpsaa9fe13f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]typical juvenile reply........[/quote]Do you honestly think that I am that mentally fragile, that it bothers me one iota that a few bell-ends on an internet forum dislike me?Trust me, it really doesn''t.