Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Do you wish you were German?

Germany.  How many times finalists in the world cup?  How many world cups won?  Successful time and time again.   Disciplined organised and in recent years very potent attacking football.  A joy to behold - effective, purposeful and competitive.    A german approach would work well in England imo - given time - but not many German players or coaches come over here - and if they do, would they get enough time to get their way of playing across without clubs'' fans losing patience because it would be different to what they are used to?  I don''t wish I was German, but if our club imitated the style of their national team and some of their club sides - I wouldn''t complain.  Wigan will be interesting to watch this season - fancy them to be near the top along with us.  

I know how it is meant, but what a question!

Had WWII not gone well we all could be!!!

But, as for the style of football......yes please big time....its the way to play as far as I am concerned, I prefer it much more to the tika taka we were playing last season!

No

but I wish we had footballers as talented professional and disciplined as the german football team

Forgive me for reposting:

Oh TGMD, you are so right, but you don''t go far enough. Germany can be proud tonight regardless of the result. They have a system that prizes intelligence, system and education over our pathetic need for working class heroes with god-given gifts. We wait for them to be born, while they make them.

Other countries recognise the value of tactics, structure, patterns of play and fluidity because the players and managers that they have are from all strata of society. I am afraid our most intelligent sportsmen play other sports, where a pathway exist from higher education. We have a working class structure, inordinate amounts of money and a commensurate unwillingness (and subsequently structural ability) to open the playing field. This is to the great detriment of our football and leaves us 50 years behind. Tactics do matter. Education does matter. Brighter people make better decisions more often. Streetwise urchins make wonderful Disney stories, but German education and coaching structures creates footballers, it doesn''t wait for them to be born.

Ah, a xenophobe man trap[:D]

Yes, would love England to have the German footballing mentality.

[quote user="morty"]Ah, another attention seeking ploy.[/quote]Several sensible replies on this thread and you come up with this.  Well done.  

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]They have a system that prizes

intelligence, system and education[/quote]

^^This. The Germans do play with intelligence and  discipline and very rarely fail and when they do they go away and re-invent themselves.   I''ll be rooting for Germany tonight,  Argentina may have Messi, but collectively the Germans are a team, not a one man show. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Ah, another attention seeking ploy.[/quote]Several sensible replies on this thread and you come up with this.  Well done.  

intelligence, system and education[/quote]

^^This. The Germans do play with intelligence and  discipline and very rarely fail and when they do they go away and re-invent themselves.   I''ll be rooting for Germany tonight,  Argentina may have Messi, but collectively the Germans are a team, not a one man show. 

[/quote]Lets just save some time, and I''ll call you an embarrassing, attention seeking c0ck[Y]

how could anyone not want to be the best?Watch how German clubs train at youth level, how the game is run in the country and how progressive the Bundesliga is... then weep as you see yet another advert for the Sh*tty premiership.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Forgive me for reposting:

Oh TGMD, you are so right, but you don''t go far enough. Germany can be proud tonight regardless of the result. They have a system that prizes intelligence, system and education over our pathetic need for working class heroes with god-given gifts. We wait for them to be born, while they make them.

Other countries recognise the value of tactics, structure, patterns of play and fluidity because the players and managers that they have are from all strata of society. I am afraid our most intelligent sportsmen play other sports, where a pathway exist from higher education. We have a working class structure, inordinate amounts of money and a commensurate unwillingness (and subsequently structural ability) to open the playing field. This is to the great detriment of our football and leaves us 50 years behind. Tactics do matter. Education does matter. Brighter people make better decisions more often. Streetwise urchins make wonderful Disney stories, but German education and coaching structures creates footballers, it doesn''t wait for them to be born.[/quote]You seem confused, class and intelligence aren''t the same thing hope this helps

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Ah, another attention seeking ploy.[/quote]Several sensible replies on this thread and you come up with this.  Well done.  

intelligence, system and education[/quote]^^This. The Germans do play with intelligence and  discipline and very rarely fail and when they do they go away and re-invent themselves.   I''ll be rooting for Germany tonight,  Argentina may have Messi, but collectively the Germans are a team, not a one man show.  [/quote]Lets just save some time, and I''ll call you an embarrassing, attention seeking c0ck[Y][/quote]Yes, yes, Morty, whatever you say.....

Now if you''ve nothing to add, perhaps you could leave the thread to anyone that wants to reply to the subject of the thread - which is not me - but the excellent footballing machine that is the German football team.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Ah, another attention seeking ploy.[/quote]Several sensible replies on this thread and you come up with this.  Well done.  

intelligence, system and education[/quote]^^This. The Germans do play with intelligence and  discipline and very rarely fail and when they do they go away and re-invent themselves.   I''ll be rooting for Germany tonight,  Argentina may have Messi, but collectively the Germans are a team, not a one man show.  [/quote]Lets just save some time, and I''ll call you an embarrassing, attention seeking c0ck[Y][/quote]Yes, yes, Morty, whatever you say.....

Now if you''ve nothing to add, perhaps you could leave the thread to anyone that wants to reply to the subject of the thread - which is not me - but the excellent footballing machine that is the German football team.

[/quote]No, its never about you at all, is it......

Aber naturlich. And I also love sausages, leather trousers and aggressively slapping my thighs.

This reminds me of a poem i wrote but Archant didn''t publish on their letters page:

CHANGE IT BACK

The other year, me and my mate

joined Norwich BNP

we goosestepped through the marketplace

A fine old sight to see

As far as I can make out, our

Fine city''s gone to hell

There''s not just Jews who live here now

There''s gays and blacks as well.

My mate Eric sadly died after I wrote this.

England has around 2,500 qualified coaches. Germany has up to 10 times that many.  The means more qualified coaches at ALL levels of their footballing structure, from youth to national team. This, aligned with a footballing strategy outlined and implemented by the German FA, has seen them develop a large amount of technically proficient and physically talented players.
England has (finally) woken up and smelled the coffee and there is now a massive recruitment drive taking place at the FA in order to increase the number of coaches in this country, but it''s going to take time to implement and an even longer time before we see the effects. England needs to go through a coaching revolution not seen in this country not seen since the days of Allen Wade in the late 60''s if it wants to compete at the top level.
The fact that Roy Hodgson, despite his age, is easily the most qualified English-man available to coach the national side says alot about the absolute dearth of talented English coaches in recent years.  

Agreed. Let''s just face the facts. Das vaterland just won the world championships. Hodgson is home looking for a new job.

"Bor Bor Bor"

I wish I was Herman.

If you''re a sad, embittered, lonely, alcoholic old bastard then you''re half way there.

I do like Germanay.

Better football with cheaper tickets

being able to watch the football in a nice sized family house which cost under £300,000 would be good also.

Its not a cheap country but its not such as rip off as here.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I do like Germanay.

Better football with cheaper tickets

being able to watch the football in a nice sized family house which cost under £300,000 would be good also.

Its not a cheap country but its not such as rip off as here.[/quote]

Germany is an impressive country in many ways.  Organised, precise and discilplined. Remember being driven across Germany in the seventies where I was astounded to see how the cars would move over without fail at junctions on the autobahns to let cars in.   Something that just didn''t happen in GB at the time - it took years before it "caught on" in this country - even now its not automatic.    And the desire for precision in their engineering is imprinted in their DNA.   Still think Britain is the best country to live in and ignoring historical factors, Germany is impressive, for many reasons.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
England has around 2,500 qualified coaches. Germany has up to 10 times that many.  The means more qualified coaches at ALL levels of their footballing structure, from youth to national team. This, aligned with a footballing strategy outlined and implemented by the German FA, has seen them develop a large amount of technically proficient and physically talented players.
England has (finally) woken up and smelled the coffee and there is now a massive recruitment drive taking place at the FA in order to increase the number of coaches in this country, but it''s going to take time to implement and an even longer time before we see the effects. England needs to go through a coaching revolution not seen in this country not seen since the days of Allen Wade in the late 60''s if it wants to compete at the top level.
The fact that Roy Hodgson, despite his age, is easily the most qualified English-man available to coach the national side says alot about the absolute dearth of talented English coaches in recent years.  
[/quote]A very good appraisal of the situation if I may say so Phil. The Germans have always had a far better and more intense coaching system . In the past 25 yrs, firstly the Dutch, then the French, next the Spanish, and clearly now the Belgians have taken a look at the German model and are copying it. And, it''s worked too. In England, as you say, we''ve woken up to this very recently, but it''ll take a change in mindset over a full generation if and when we''re to see the results in the Trophy Cabinet.I''m afraid that until we start taking our national team seriously, and not just getting a load of silly hats, flags and union jack T shirts out every couple of summers, it won''t improve there. People grumble about ''too many foreigners'' in the English leagues, but it''ll only be when we''ve got English talent available at the right quantity/price that clubs will not just take the line of least resistance an fill their squads with Frenchmen, Dutchmen, Spaniards, South Americans and Africans.

Do I wish I am German. Well when after Scotland have travelled to play Germany in September for the opening game of Euro 2016 maybe I will. Can''t see much than a humping for the Scots. And If I''m Germand I''ll have a excuse not to get peoples crap jokes!