Sign in to follow this  
Newton

We must keep Redmond at all costs

Last season away at West Brom, in the 2nd half when we were under immense pressure Houghton brought on Murphy and for the last 20 mins we had a forward 3 of Redmond, Hooper & Murphy

They attacked our end on the break, the pace was electric and we only failed to score on at least 5 separate occasions solely due to the young wingers poor end product - Hooper was very frustrated. (We eventually won 2-0 thanks to a late Fer goal)

It was very clear to everyone present that we had the makings of a superb counter attacking unit, WBA could not cope with there pace,

Hughton never used these 3 again in this way, perhaps this highlights his inept tactical brain

Clearly Adams has latched on to the potential he has in the squad and intends to use these 2 wide boys in this way, they will terrify champ defenders

If we want to go up we need to keep both,

Yes every player has a price but Redmond with 3 years left on his contract will be a key component along with Murphy in our promotion push

He should not be allowed to go at any price (he has already said he wants to stay) offers below £20M should not even be considered, promotion is worth £80M - if we sold him for £6M what the hell would we do with the money ?

Come on McNally say NO, for Adams and most importantly the FANS

Fer that''s another issue

I''ll second that!Redmond would be a huge asset for us this season. Selling him for anything less that £13MM would be inconceivable. And moving to Stoke or Southhampton? Southhampton maybe, but Stoke? Someone needs to sit him down and tell him that he needs to put in two good years at NCFC, and grow in an environment that compliments his skill level, then I wouldn''t be surprised if one of the big 6 come knocking.As for Fer, off load that sourpuss ASAP, because he''s right on track to become the next Dixon Etuhu.

Thread is nonsense. "keep Redmond at all costs" really? All costs? To the detriment of squad morale, the clubs finances etc etc. Of course not. Thread is nonsense and is a feeble attempt to box opinion so that outrage is larger if/when he goes."Redmond would be a huge asset". He is - on the pitch and in the financial books, so long as he stays fit and develops potential and promise in to prowess. As with all playing staff - he is either useful to us on the pitch or we look to move him on. Similarly, they will look at the club and decide for themselves if it is of benefit to join/stay/leave. Quid pro quo.Every player we have is an asset until he isn''t. Loyalty? Haven''t paid much attention to football have you.

Don''t get me wrong I like Redmond a lot but..

I fail so how he avoided the anger directed at some of the players

so many times we he took the wrong option last season and missed countless shots on goal

as for selling him anything under 15mil would be very wrong

Palace went up with an ordinary side that happened to have Zaha- pace the champ couldn''t handle.

We tore the division up with Hucks- again pace.

I agree Redmond is the one player we must keep. I think he would win games alone against ageing/vulnerable to pace defences

I agree. I really do not want to see redmond go. Championship defences will struggle to handle him. Staying with us could be good for him too. He will be on the attack more and get many more opportunities to refine his end product whether that be his final ball or finding the net. A season in the championship of honing those aspects of his game would leave him perfectly placed to really take on the premiership if we were to go up.

I agree with the fact that it would be great for both parties if he stayed and progressed with us for a season, and certainly would want him to stay, we definitely have much more to come from Nathan.

However, "at all costs".......no, because every player at every club has a price and Redmond will be no exception. What that price is, well sums of between 6 and 20 million have been mentioned on this board, and my guess is that the club would seriously listen if a bid for 6 or more came in (my number would be a minimum 8 million)......that would have to come with a serious sell-on clause of course, as regardless of his current inconsistency on crossing and shooting, my guess is he will be an England senior squad member within a couple of years.

[quote user="Newton"]Last season away at West Brom, in the 2nd half when we were under immense pressure Houghton brought on Murphy and for the last 20 mins we had a forward 3 of Redmond, Hooper & Murphy

They attacked our end on the break, the pace was electric and we only failed to score on at least 5 separate occasions solely due to the young wingers poor end product - Hooper was very frustrated. (We eventually won 2-0 thanks to a late Fer goal)

It was very clear to everyone present that we had the makings of a superb counter attacking unit, WBA could not cope with there pace,[/quote]Did you go to the same game as me?  Because I distinctly remember standing worrying when WBA were going to score, not when we were going to score.  Yes Redmond and Murphy linked up for Fer''s goal but that was about it as far as I can remember.I don''t disagree with the sentiment though, we need to keep Redmond.