Sign in to follow this  

Put my tin hat on really pleased for him I hope he stays and show us what he can do

So, 2 goals for RvW in his first match after the notorious slowing-down-of-play Snodgrass left. Coincidence or not?

Would love to see RvW alongside Lafferty in the next match. I think that could be a very good partnership

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="alartz"]Found his level at last!![/quote]Go away and play with yourself binner[/quote]^^^This.

[quote user="grefstad"]So, 2 goals for RvW in his first match after the notorious slowing-down-of-play Snodgrass left. Coincidence or not?

Would love to see RvW alongside Lafferty in the next match. I think that could be a very good partnership[/quote]This, he will come good this season. even going to bet on it tomorrow :)

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Yes it''s only Braintree but still pleased for him. He didn''t look overly pleased though...[/quote]None of the players really celebrated overly, I think its more professional courtesy to the opposition.

How do you celebrate his first goal though? It was probably the most awkward goal to score because it was handed to him on a plate. Also, his reaction was no different to any of the other players really - they know it''s a friendly against non league opposition, but at the same time will be smiling inside as the confidence builds

[quote user="grefstad"]So, 2 goals for RvW in his first match after the notorious slowing-down-of-play Snodgrass left. Coincidence or not?

Would love to see RvW alongside Lafferty in the next match. I think that could be a very good partnership[/quote]

This. The ball for his first goal would have never happened last season. The ball would get knocked around defence a bit, maybe the odd pass into midfield until Snodgrass was ready to receive possession.

The second goal is the exact sort of chance RVW will thrive on, and the exact sort of chance we weren''t creating last season. Give him the ball 6 yards out, he will score. Simple.

People who think that it''s not enough for a player just to thrive on chances in the box, take a look at where Klose''s 16 world cup goals came from, the furthest one out was a pen!

40-1 to be Championship top scorer next season. Not a bad outsider to have a hopeful flutter on if he finds his shooting boots [:)]

This is what we did wrong last season

Not enough tap ins - at last something he is good at

Newton wrote the following post at 16/07/2014 6:50 AM:

Newton in yet another NCFC player bashing shocker!!!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]How do you celebrate his first goal though? [/quote]

He should have gone absolutely mental like he''d just scored the World Cup winner.

Just for fun.

Absolutely delighted for Ricky - I don''t care if it''s Braintree, Birmingham, or Barcelona - he''s got a couple of goals in 45 mins in his first pre season match and I''m sure it''ll do him the world of good, under a new management team offering fresh beginnings. I really hope he stays, and grows, with us - I''m a firm believer that once his confidence is up he''ll be a real force in both the Championship, and all being well, the Premier League too.

Why was beating lowly Dereham by 1 "no big deal, it''s just a friendly", and scoring a pair versus a team set to play in Round One of the Darling Cup a sign of great things to come?

[quote user="Newton"]This is what we did wrong last season

Not enough tap ins - at last something he is good at[/quote]

Hooper missed plenty of them last year, so we at least know he does that better...

"Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"

Why was beating lowly Dereham by 1 "no big deal, it''s just a friendly", and scoring a pair versus a team set to play in Round One of the Darling Cup a sign of great things to come?

People are just happy for the bloke. Is that allowed on here?

Doesnt take much to please little old norwich fans does it.Our 8 million pound player scores twice against Braintree.Of course its better that he scored than not, but think I will hang fire on the celebrations until he is doing it regularly when it matters

I would be extremely surprised if Ricky is still here in September (not because of this brace!).

A loan or transfer is still the most likely thing to happen with him ... unfortunately.

Time for a ''told you so'' here, I feel.I''ve gone on record on at least two RvW related threads in the last couple of weeks saying that I had a hunch that he would not only play, but score quite a few in the pre-season games.Yes, it''s only Braintree, and yes, it''ll be a lot more impressive if its against Bastia, Nice or Celta Vigo, but it''s a start.If he stays, I can see RvW contributing a lot to us this season.

[quote user="Henry"]40-1 to be Championship top scorer next season. Not a bad outsider to have a hopeful flutter on if he finds his shooting boots [:)][/quote]

How much you putting on?

Cause if your giving money away like this then I''ll have it

Its in the clubs best interest for Ricky to come good so anything which aids that won''t be knocked by me.

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 16/07/2014 11:47 AM:

Newton wrote:

Hooper missed plenty of them last year, so we at least know he does that better...

Lets say ''plenty'' means more than 3.

Now jog mine and every other pink''un forum user''s memory and name 3 or more tap ins that Hooper missed?

both are pre season friendlies mere to improve the players fitness not create or demonstrate any form.

All of the goals scored (possibly with the exception of the opener) has more than an element of defensive error about them. RvW knows that, and that only goals in competitive games count. Just being professional

Cant get too critical about the dereham result or too excited about last nights.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]both are pre season friendlies mere to improve the players fitness not create or demonstrate any form.

All of the goals scored (possibly with the exception of the opener) has more than an element of defensive error about them. RvW knows that, and that only goals in competitive games count. Just being professional

Cant get too critical about the dereham result or too excited about last nights.[/quote]Absolutely. I know it''s a cliché, but scoring goals and winning matches is a good habit to get into, whoever the opposition . Just as drawing blanks and losing is a bad one.It will be excellent if all our strikers have bagged such a collection during pre-season that Adams''s dilemma for Molineux is who to drop.Long way to go yet, though !