Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Olsson Bid

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9370098/transfer-news-west-ham-fail-with-bid-for-norwichs-martin-olsson

Lol, slowly working their way down the player of the season results!So, anyone who voted for Olsson, I blame you[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]We must keep hold of him...he will be a massive player defensivley and going forward for us next season.Only a REALLY silly bid should see him leave[/quote]Thats the only thing that saw Snoddy out the door, so if he does go, it will be for a similar price.

I think I''d be slightly surprised to see him at Norwich past August.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]We must keep hold of him...he will be a massive player defensivley and going forward for us next season.Only a REALLY silly bid should see him leave[/quote]

Stand out best player for me last season.  If we can keep him than we should, whatever silly money is offered.

I am with GJP - cant see him being here come the start of the season, esp as he has more than done his stint in the champs,    but as with Snodgrass a large enough fee will see him go.    I dont think it will be as large as snoddys but anything over £6m if the player wants to go will probably be enough.  

Garrido is a more than adequate starter,  slower admittedly and not so strong in the air but better positionally (olsson used his pace on several occassions to save himself) and garrido is far better with the ball.    Having both (as both PL standard) is preferable but one of them more than adequate in the champs.

Imho Garrido is not good enough if Olsson goes.

Not got enough pace, not supporting the winger enough, and certainly weaker defensively with lack of height and pace.

Also very ring-rusty after a season on the sidelines.

Given Adams'' preference of playing attacking footie in a 4-3-3 formation (judging by his summer buys so far), I would expect us to invest in pace in the back four.

I would rather see us getting two new leftbacks (young, with pace, and hungry) and sell both Garrido and Olsson (providing Olsson goes, that is).

Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.Panic over?

[quote user="morty"]Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.Panic over?[/quote]
The idea of us keeping one of our better players whilst Ipswich lose one of theirs amuses me greatly.
[:D]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="morty"]Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.Panic over?[/quote]
The idea of us keeping one of our better players whilst Ipswich lose one of theirs amuses me greatly.
[:D]
[/quote]I just popped over to TWTD (Off for a shower in a minute) and they are hoping he fetches a good price.Yeah because they are in such a strong bargaining position, and Marcus Evans will let them spend it all.Bless.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, slowly working their way down the player of the season results!So, anyone who voted for Olsson, I blame you[;)][/quote]

Damn.....knew I should have voted for Seb!

[quote user="morty"]Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.

Panic over?
[/quote]

Not yet - I dont think wet sham have any left backs at the mo having released last seasons,   as such they will be wanting another as yet.

Whether that is olsson is another matter altogether.

[quote user="Lord Horn Returns"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, slowly working their way down the player of the season results!So, anyone who voted for Olsson, I blame you[;)][/quote]

Damn.....knew I should have voted for Seb!

[/quote]Gah, me too[:(]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="morty"]Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.Panic over?[/quote]

Not yet - I dont think wet sham have any left backs at the mo having released last seasons,   as such they will be wanting another as yet.

[/quote]Buying Cresswell and Olsson would cost them a pretty penny, a lot of money to throw at one position.Could happen, I suppose.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="morty"]Reports that Ipswich LB Cresswell is having a medical at West Ham.

Panic over?
[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s what I thought, but having had a quick look at their squad they still have Joey O''Brian out of the 5(!) left backs they got through last season.

I still think they will be back for Olsson, but probably won''t want to spend big money on him.

Surprised that he is still there;    he played as many games at right back as left for them last season,   with his last left back game back in Jan.   Cant think they will be relying on him to be honest.

A long way to go in this window yet.

If they are touting a £12 million figure for Ben Davies from Swansea to Spurs and Luke Shaw was £27 million, then what price do we put on Olsson?Both these have potential but neither as far as Im concerned are the real deal as yet.Bids of £4 million for Olsson look way off the mark to me.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]If they are touting a £12 million figure for Ben Davies from Swansea to Spurs and Luke Shaw was £27 million, then what price do we put on Olsson?Both these have potential but neither as far as Im concerned are the real deal as yet.Bids of £4 million for Olsson look way off the mark to me.[/quote]Realistically, 8-10 million?

you do know that just because you put the word ''FACT'' at the end of your sentence, doesn''t actually make it fact right?

I would be gutted to see Olsson go but Garrido is a damn fine replacement imo.[Y]