Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Michael Mancienne

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28328736

On the verge of signing for Forest. Is this a deal we should hijack? 26 with years of experience in the Prem and the Bundesliga, and if we aren''t going to play Bassong we''ll need another centre-back in my view as I''m not convinced by Russ in that position.

Is a cracking player. Forest will get a great centre half if that goes through.

Always a player I would like in a Ncfc shirt, but if forest have rich owners they may be able to offer good wages

He has had interest from PL clubs, so if he joins Forest it is probably to play under Stuart Pearce his old under 21 boss.Doubt we could hijack the deal if we wanted to.

Only £1m too, according to reports. Would be an outstanding piece of business for Forest, and would love to see us try to hijack the deal!

Good player, but, as usual we missed the boat on that one.

He really is not very good at all. Has barely played in the last couple of seasons and showed little above the very ordinary when playing for Wolves or Chelsea. The fact that Forest are prepared to chuck £1m away for him is laughable. A case of Pearce signing players based on the past, I think so.

Mancienne will be in League One sooner than he makes the Premier League again.

Massively overrated by many, did well in Pearce''s U21 which was based purely on strength than guile, was soon found out when playing against anyone older than their early 20s.

Forest have been mugged by Hanover.

Think he might have done. I''ve seen him play there, centreback and at rightback.

He''s just ordinary in all positions. Bit of a "Jack of all trades".

Realistically wouldn''t improve our first team but no surprise he''s gone to Forest. He was a key part of some of Pearce''s dull brand of U21 football.