Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Rudd has alot to say ?

seems to me Rudd is saying a lot to papers the pinkun a lot I think he will be No 1 this year with ruddy sold doing a lot of pinkun quotes interviews for a 3rd choice keeper !!! just for the record I wouldn''t mind him as No 1 seaon in championship with us then ready for next year ,

[quote user="norfolkngood"]seems to me Rudd is saying a lot to papers the pinkun a lot I think he will be No 1 this year with ruddy sold doing a lot of pinkun quotes interviews for a 3rd choice keeper !!! just for the record I wouldn''t mind him as No 1 seaon in championship with us then ready for next year ,[/quote]

I get the gist of that and feel that the Rudd situation has effectively reached a crossroads.

He was, after all, our number 2 ''keeper under Lambert yet now remains number 3.

I like Bunn but his very existence at Carrow Road complicates the Declan Rudd situation. Like you, I would now want Rudd as number 2 otherwise we might lose him. Bunn deserves a decent move also. 

Rudd did an interview for the official site and then was signing autographs, I guess the Pinkun stories are just taken from those.

It isn''t like Rudd is going off to do interviews off his own back.

The club seem to be really pushing the whole ''youth'' aspect with Rudd and Murphy both being interviewed on the official site and those two along with Jamar being put out to do autograph signings.

"Ruddy and Rudd" has a nice ring to it and would be an awesome pair of goalkeepers to have. Ruddy I think will stay, but he has been injured before and has been sent off before, so to have Rudd there will be terrific back up.   Bunn has been good too, but surely Rudd has to move up the pecking order with his improved experience and youth. 

For me Rudd has to be our No 2 keeper this season at the very least, if Ruddy leaves then give him a crack at it, had a good season last year at League 1 level and needs to develop and don''t want to lose him. If Ruddy stays then and Rudd isn''t happy at No.2 look at loaning him out again if need be to another Championship team with Bunn at No.2.

I think Bunn would be ok as No.2 to Rudd but his he gets found on balls into the box, look at Braintree''s goal the other night Ruddy I believe would have come and claimed that and I think Rudd is confident enough to come for balls alot of the time.

I guess it all depends on Ruddy but for me Rudd is a real talent which we should be looking to hang onto and develop his potential further, timne will tell I guess.....

How far his utterances have been authorised, or how far the club is happy with what he is saying, we may never know, but they are consistent with the insistence by Adams that all are playing for their places.

I personally would not be unhappy to see Bunn go. I feel that he is a good shot stopper, but lacks the height and reach to be fully effective. In this part of "keeping" Rudd has a distinctive advantage.

[quote user="Salopian"]How far his utterances have been authorised, or how far the club is happy with what he is saying, we may never know, but they are consistent with the insistence by Adams that all are playing for their places.

I personally would not be unhappy to see Bunn go. I feel that he is a good shot stopper, but lacks the height and reach to be fully effective. In this part of "keeping" Rudd has a distinctive advantage.[/quote]
I agree, and we have to be careful here, if Rudd isnt installed as number 2 keeper, we could risk losing him.

Are the club and Rudd better off with him on loan than sitting on the bench. This number 2 position must be so frustrating for a young player wanting to make his mark and for a club who want to see thneir young keeper progress.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are the club and Rudd better off with him on loan than sitting on the bench. This number 2 position must be so frustrating for a young player wanting to make his mark and for a club who want to see thneir young keeper progress.

[/quote]
A lot depends on whether or not we sell Ruddy I guess. Like I said, we risk losing Rudd if we dont at least give him a sniff of the number one shirt.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Does Rudd prefer to sniff shirts than keep goal though Morty?[/quote]
Interesting question, perhaps one of the forum "in the knows" can confirm or deny this odd kink.