Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Gylfi Sigurdsson

SSN saying Crystal Palace have agreed fees for Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.Ooh now thats a player I would have loved to have seen at NCFC. If only we''d pushed the boat out in the Jan transfer window!!!

Good signing.The world would have been different if we had signed Dean Windasss though. He was the one that really got away.Damn you Chase! Damn you to the high heavens!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Have QPR spent the cash alledgedly earmarked for Leroy Fer on Sigurdsson?

[/quote]

I don''t think so as it is Palace, not QPR, who are buying him.

He would be a good fit for us and it would be a signing from the right direction. Whilst both our acquisitions thus far stand up on their own merits, they were both lower leaguers. I would like to think that the parachute/Snoddy money that we have at hand is used to get at least one  player with that little bit extra ie. Premier League experience or class, defender or central midfielder.

I feel that this would make a statement that we are not about to relinquish our recent Premier league connections lightly and are prepared to push the boat out, albeit tentatively, in order to retain the ''taint'' of a PL club for as long as is possible.

For me the current ''no news is good news'' feeling is working both ways. Nothing, apart from rumours, suggests that our best players are rushing towards the Carrow Road exit door, but neither are we hearing much news at all about our manager''s intentions in the market place. 

Should Crystal Palace not be saving there money, so they can replace that cow shed where the away fans have to be!