Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Squad for Italy should make it clear...

Which players have been frozen out and which haven''t, after the big hoo-ha on here the other day.Bassong is the obvious one for probably being left off the plane.No Pilkington against Braintree though, is he injured again or outgoing?Hope there are no nasty surprises, Fer been given a bit of extra time off for the World Cup, but would still expect him to fly to Italy?

Nice to see that Hoolahan played not only the first half, but also came on as a 60th minute sub last night, two appearances in one game - hopefully mean he is staying.

He also said that Pilkington was injured at the end of last season, Pilkington said he was fit but not picked by Adams.So will take that with a pinch of salt, and same applies, if no injury then should expect him on the plane to Italy?

Adams said he had intended to play both Pilks and Tettey, but the former was ill the night before and Tettey''s knee swelled up on the bus and they didn''t want to take a chance on it.

Why ask for a reason why there was no Pilks, and then be seemingly inclined to disbelieve the answer that is given?

It does rather show how they just can''t win: no information = loads of questioning/wailing; reasons are given = they are disbelieved.

We have never and will never know all that is going on, and that is the way it should be.

Well perhaps it was a rhetorical question Branston Pickle. We shall see whether he boards the plane to Italy or not. This was my first post on the Pinkun    http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3133037/ShowPost.aspxSo sure I can be excused for having my doubts. As for not being able to win, I don''t have any criticisms. I wouldn''t have any criticism of Adams if he was hiding the truth, because he is only going to do what is in the interests of the club, and would have nothing to gain with freezing people out publicly.I''d be more likely to criticise him if he said that Pilks would never kick a ball for us again, or Bassong would never kick a ball for us again, because if we then can''t move them on we are stuck with them and can''t use them.I actually think Adams is dealing with all the speculation pretty well. was just making the general point that when the squad is named for the Italy tour it may give a better picture of who is outcast and who is not.

I agree that omissions from the squad for Italy will give a good idea who is likely to be shown the door, although we could lose one or two of the better players if sufficiently good offers are made - Redders, Olsson and Fer, for instance.

There are, however, something like six weeks before the window closes, or does that apply? One or two who go to Italy could find themselves unwanted and surplus if we make a couple of good signings.

Everything could still be up for grabs.

[quote user="Salopian"]I agree that omissions from the squad for Italy will give a good idea who is likely to be shown the door, although we could lose one or two of the better players if sufficiently good offers are made - Redders, Olsson and Fer, for instance.

There are, however, something like six weeks before the window closes, or does that apply? One or two who go to Italy could find themselves unwanted and surplus if we make a couple of good signings.

Everything could still be up for grabs.[/quote]If I have understood, the permanent transfer window for Championship clubs effectively still closes at the end of August. But we are not limited to 25 players, and after a gap of a week or so we can then get (and offload) players on loan. So any players not listed by Premier League clubs in their 25s might be up for grabs. Plus any free agents not already snapped up can be acquired.

Fer isn''t going: given extended time off after World Cup, until 28th July.

I refuse to believe the club is so indecisive that they forced the years extension to Pilkington''s contract, only to freeze him out.

Would make perfect sense if they thought they could spin a profit out of him. I''m glad that the club have learnt their lesson after releasing Chris Martin on a free (and perhaps Adeyemi too) only for them to show the world that they are valuable players. And of course, it may have been extended before we knew who the permanent manager was going to be. Extending his contract for a year also gives us some control over whether Villa get him. Lambert seems to be allowed to sign free transfers only at the minute, he probably would have signed Pilkington to score a point.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I refuse to believe the club is so indecisive that they forced the years extension to Pilkington''s contract, only to freeze him out.[/quote]
We froze him out?
I thought he was injured.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Does anybody know which players actually went to Italy?[/quote]

The club haven''t announced the squad, which is a bit weird - but Twitter tells us that Olsson, Redmond, Grafiti, the Murphys and Jamar are all there.

My feeling is that Bassong, Becchio, Bunn and RVW won''t travel, RVW because of injury.

[quote user="Ray"]My feeling is that Bassong, Becchio, Bunn and RVW won''t travel, RVW because of injury.[/quote]

Gutted for Ricky if that is the case Ray, and you are generally pretty on the spot.

Seem he might be adding injury prone to his list of talents. It feels like the guy is cursed sometimes.

Paul101 you are arguing over semantics. You said: "Chris Martin didnt go on a free"

Chris Martin joined Derby on a free transfer after his contract elapsed.

Care to explain the difference? Because I can''t see any.

Yep RVW injured so not going.

The other players absent on the list are; Bassong, Mark Bunn, Becchio and Fer (break post WC).

This surely means Bassong, Bunn and Becchio are off.

Morty,

I believe this to be the case, minor but not able to play for 10 days or so, best kept here and worked on.

Bethnal,

Not sure about that but like to think I''m pushing for promotion!!!!

Just waiting for parachute payment to kick in!!!!