Sign in to follow this  
St Georgey

Pilkington - complete (0ck

Been away and unable to post until now. But on Sunday evening I witnessed Pilkington park his 4x4 across a disabled bay near Tombland, leaving one wheel mounting the kerb.

He then got out and joked about leaving it there with other members of the squad - who were all off to watch the World Cup final in Stadia. He found it hilarious he was using up a disabled bay.

Sadly the standard mindset of so many footballers nowadays - who are seemingly above the rest of us (in their minds).

To be fair he is disabled for most of the year. August to May usually.

Wouldn''t surprise me if true. He does give off a cocky attitude. The only way to be a professional footballer these days is to be naturally gifted. And naturally gifted people often turn out very cocky.

At least we have a few which buck the trend (e.g Martin, Ruddy)

What other squad members were with him?

Alert to police and he''ll get at very least a very expensive ticket and maybe have his vehicle towed for further expense and inconvenience.

And finally, c''mon! It''s our boy Pilks. Come ooooon.

[quote user="Herman "]To be fair he is disabled for most of the year. August to May usually.[/quote]
[:D]

Herman, you made me laugh then - too true. Although he was walking fine on this occasion.

Jack - you''re right, at least we have a couple of decent human beings in our squad. I''m sure they''re outnumbered sadly.

So who were the squad members he was with then?To be honest there are a lot of young chaps around the city who look a bit like Pilkington . . .

[quote user="Herman "]To be fair he is disabled for most of the year. August to May usually.[/quote]

Had to smile at that.  Either injured, off form, out of favour or scoring the odd wonder goal - one a year (except last year....)

[quote user="St Georgey"]Been away and unable to post until now. But on Sunday evening I witnessed Pilkington park his 4x4 across a disabled bay near Tombland, leaving one wheel mounting the kerb.

He then got out and joked about leaving it there with other members of the squad - who were all off to watch the World Cup final in Stadia. He found it hilarious he was using up a disabled bay.

Sadly the standard mindset of so many footballers nowadays - who are seemingly above the rest of us (in their minds).[/quote]
So you didn''t take a picture and send it to the SPG.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]To be fair he is disabled for most of the year. August to May usually.[/quote]

Had to smile at that.  Either injured, off form, out of favour or scoring the odd wonder goal - one a year (except last year....)

[/quote]

[Y]

And there were some that were upset that we got rid of Vaughan, an iller version of Pilks.

[quote user="St Georgey"]A great example of our fan base.....[/quote]

But not a great example to set by a player. I"ve seen Snoddys Range Rover in the disabled bays at Sainsburys.

For those on here who think this is trivual I hope you and yours never have a need to use such a space only to find it ocupied by an able bodied persons car. Shame on you Pilks

Well thats what traffic wardens are employed for. I wouldnt let it affect your night too much, i mean lets face it theres worse things happening the world.

[quote user="im spartacus"]if as wiz said 10% of the population are disabled i am suprised there is ever a disabled parking space to abuse [:D][/quote]Talking of complete cokcs...

OP... rather than stand and observe this, and then come and report it on here like a whiney little wimp, why didn''t you say something to Pilkington? Would you have done if it was a normal bloke getting out of a Ford Focus. Does that mean you have small testicles? That is the real reason why he does it, because nobody has the balls to stand up to him and tell him to his face that he is a ball sack. 

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]OP... rather than stand and observe this, and then come and report it on here like a whiney little wimp, why didn''t you say something to Pilkington? Would you have done if it was a normal bloke getting out of a Ford Focus. Does that mean you have small testicles? That is the real reason why he does it, because nobody has the balls to stand up to him and tell him to his face that he is a ball sack. 

[/quote]

It''s not my job to either play traffic warden on a Sunday night, nor to tell our overpaid players how to act like decent human beings. As a fan and a member of this forum I am entitled to share an opinion and this anecdote with other fans though.

If you think me making my opinion known to him would have resulted in him having some kind of ethical realisation and moving his car from a disabled bay (and the pavement) then I think you are mistaken.

He was with E Bennett, Whitaker, Martin, Surman, with others on their way down the road.

If you think that somebody is a (ock, then tell them that you think they are a (ock, instead of coming on a public forum and telling everybody that you think they are a (ock. The fact that you distinguish between person and footballer is precisely why he has an inflated ego and thinks he can do what he wants. Wouldn''t it have been a much better anecdote if you could tell the exact same story, but finish it by telling us all that you called Pilkington a (ock?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]If you think that somebody is a (ock, then tell them that you think they are a (ock, instead of coming on a public forum and telling everybody that you think they are a (ock. The fact that you distinguish between person and footballer is precisely why he has an inflated ego and thinks he can do what he wants. Wouldn''t it have been a much better anecdote if you could tell the exact same story, but finish it by telling us all that you called Pilkington a (ock? [/quote]

I''m sure you''d have told him to go move his car. And I''m sure he wouldn''t have.

Won''t be the first and won''t be the last to do such a thing. Not that I condone it.

One of the young players often parks his car in the disabled or mother and child parking bays at my local Waitrose.

[quote user="morty"]We really, really need the football season to start.[/quote]I seem to remember you saying this last summer, and that I agreed with you then.I hate the summer for footy. The World Cup was a nice distraction, especially considering the more realistic approach from the press rather than the ''England can do it this time'' rubbish from the last few tournaments.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="morty"]We really, really need the football season to start.[/quote]I seem to remember you saying this last summer, and that I agreed with you then.I hate the summer for footy. The World Cup was a nice distraction, especially considering the more realistic approach from the press rather than the ''England can do it this time'' rubbish from the last few tournaments.[/quote]
People are restless and bored now and just want to get on with it!
I am even heading to the friendly against Nice, despite saying, the same as every year " nah, not going to any pre season friendlies"