Sign in to follow this  
#

Reading takeover.

[quote user="City1st"]"I want at our wonderful club "our !bl eeding our ! ! !the club you accused of having board members who lie to fanswhose joint owner you accused of stealing money from the clubwho you attacked for having a board member who is gay, and according to you is a convicted class a drug userwho you have constantly slagged off for their appointment of Neil Adams as managerfor having no ''hambition''

you don''t even go to games ....... nor ever have

''our'' club indeed

you are as much part of Norwich City as a dog turd stuck on a cycle wheel is part of that cycle.............and about as welcome as well

[/quote]
Calm down dear you''ll blow a fuse in a minute.

We''ve managed to get promoted to the Premiership twice with ''little old Delia''. I don''t see why we can''t do it again this year

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="City1st"]"I want at our wonderful club "our !bl eeding our ! ! !the club you accused of having board members who lie to fanswhose joint owner you accused of stealing money from the clubwho you attacked for having a board member who is gay, and according to you is a convicted class a drug userwho you have constantly slagged off for their appointment of Neil Adams as managerfor having no ''hambition''

''our'' club indeed

you are as much part of Norwich City as a dog turd stuck on a cycle wheel is part of that cycle.............and about as welcome as well

[/quote]
Calm down dear you''ll blow a fuse in a minute.
[/quote]

yes !20 pointsget in there ! ! !

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The German model is that every club has to have a system where ''50% +1'' of votes in decision making must be held by a fans group. The fans group then elect who to place on the board etc.[/quote]

Haven''t we always more or less had that system at our club going back through time Bethnal? The only difference is our boards have often backed the club with their own money whereas a fans group would have to raise cash by other means (ie blankets, local businesses and fans groups raising money to buy players and later Watling getting Delia and MWJ to donate half a million pounds each to join the board etc).

The big problem with English football is the governing body (the Football League) has always been weak. It has allowed clubs to spend well beyond their means in the hope of success. Those who''ve failed have found themselves in dire straits, desperate to sell and open to ANY offer that comes along, paving the way for unscrupulous investors to step in often with disastrous results (Portsmouth, Leeds, Coventry, etc).

After several years of upheaval, Portsmouth seem to be recovering and are now run by a fans group led by local businesses, just as we''ve always had here....
[/quote]

Norwich are owned by fans, true, but 2 fans rather than a collective of many fans. You or I have as much say in the running of the club as a Chelsea fan or Man City fan does in thier own club, if we wanted to join the board we''d have to stump up a huge sum of money, personally I don''t have £500,000 to spend on getting onto the board but I probably could afford the inexpensive fees require to become a member of Bayern Munich. Also, if she wanted to Delia could sell the whole club to anyone, even say Sep Blatter...

Under collective ownership no one person can make a massive decision for the club without fans consent, that would have meant Coventry wouldn''t have to play their games in Northampton or Wimbledon wouldn''t have been franchised. I do however feel that fan ownership would struggle to work without the legislation in place like that of the DFB.

I do see what the FA could have done about spending, it is outside their remit to control clubs finances but their ''fit and proper persons'' test is a joke.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Under collective ownership no one person can make a massive decision for the club without fans consent, that would have meant Coventry wouldn''t have to play their games in Northampton or Wimbledon wouldn''t have been franchised. I do however feel that fan ownership would struggle to work without the legislation in place like that of the DFB.

I do see what the FA could have done about spending, it is outside their remit to control clubs finances but their ''fit and proper persons'' test is a joke.[/quote]

The clubs you mention are good examples Bethnal, having seen SISU put one of it''s subsidiary company''s into administration, why did the Football League allow it''s golden share be transferred to another of it''s companies? And if they had refused to allow the move to Northampton, CCFC would have HAD to negotiate a deal to stay in Coventry.

And if Wimbledon had folded, surely the right thing to do was to move all teams below them up one notch.

The Italian clown at Leeds is the latest fiasco the Football League has to answer for.

Whilst the Stowmarket 2 own the club we will niece shake off little ole norwich.

We need rich businessman who can weave norwich into their empire and cross fiancé the businesses to A) get more money into the club and B) use it to get round fair play rules.

To stay in premier league as an established club we will have to change the ownership model

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Under collective ownership no one person can make a massive decision for the club without fans consent, that would have meant Coventry wouldn''t have to play their games in Northampton or Wimbledon wouldn''t have been franchised. I do however feel that fan ownership would struggle to work without the legislation in place like that of the DFB.

I do see what the FA could have done about spending, it is outside their remit to control clubs finances but their ''fit and proper persons'' test is a joke.[/quote]

The clubs you mention are good examples Bethnal, having seen SISU put one of it''s subsidiary company''s into administration, why did the Football League allow it''s golden share be transferred to another of it''s companies? And if they had refused to allow the move to Northampton, CCFC would have HAD to negotiate a deal to stay in Coventry.

And if Wimbledon had folded, surely the right thing to do was to move all teams below them up one notch.

The Italian clown at Leeds is the latest fiasco the Football League has to answer for.

[/quote]

It''s a tough job for the FA and I sympahise with them. Very easy in hindsight to say X was a bad owner and shouldn''t have been allowed, but not always so easy before the facts come to light - who would have known that Al Fayed would have gone on to become one of the best owners in the Premier League?

The FA are primarily trying to stop clubs going out of business and also not delay deals without good cause (nothing drives fans crazier than this).

Cellino at Leeds looks like he''s going to be a fun one, and the fact he was allowed to buy Leeds with a fraud hearing hanging over him in Italy is worrying. Will be interesting to see how he goes, he''s brought in what looks like a weak manager, but then the Italians have never held much importance in that role (look at they get through them), but some of their signings look decent.

The Football Leauges themselves have to share a large proportion of the blame, as they don''t really do much to rock the boat when it comes to owners. This is why membership ownership is beneficial in my eyes, the FA/Football League can make all the financial checks whilst the prospective new owner has to past the ''crazy'' test of the fans, the ones with a real stake in the club.

[quote user="City1st"]"I want at our wonderful club "

our !

bl eeding our ! ! !

the club you accused of having board members who lie to fans

whose joint owner you accused of stealing money from the club

who you attacked for having a board member who is gay, and according to you is a convicted class a drug user

who you have constantly slagged off for their appointment of Neil Adams as manager

for having no ''hambition''

''our'' club indeed

you are as much part of Norwich City as a dog turd stuck on a cycle wheel is part of that cycle

.............and about as welcome as well

[/quote]

Just as another decent debate gets going up pops a regular thread spoiler.

Oh well, at least we all see you in your true colours.

Since D&M took over the reins.....We''ve never really or actually courted substantial investment.....Have We?

So, nothing will change anytime soon......but, we the support, did get to choose green or yellow shorts.....Which was nice.......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Since D&M took over the reins.....We''ve never really or actually courted substantial investment.....Have We?

So, nothing will change anytime soon.[/quote]In 2008 Smith and Jones hired an acknowledged deal-maker. Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce, to try to find new majority or minority investment. In 2010 they hired Deloitte''s for the same purpose. And - significantly - it was Alan Bowkett who said the widespread search had thrown up no-one he regarded as being a serious proposition.“We have had some expressions of interest. But every time when I

asked the question ‘Could you please verify you have funding?’ no one

passed the test. We have searched throughout the world with the

toughest advisers, but there is no one out there with real money in

their pockets. I like to see the colour of someone’s money before we do any deals and no one has shown us any.”The further point is that Smith and Jones don''t have to court investment, even though, as shown above, they have on at least two occasions. Given all they have said about being willing to sell to the right bidder, if someone did come along with an offer that stood up to rigorous scrutiny and fulfilled all sensible conditions they would have no choice but to accept.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Since D&M took over the reins.....We''ve never really or actually courted substantial investment.....Have We?

So, nothing will change anytime soon.[/quote]In 2008 Smith and Jones hired an acknowledged deal-maker. Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce, to try to find new majority or minority investment. In 2010 they hired Deloitte''s for the same purpose. And - significantly - it was Alan Bowkett who said the widespread search had thrown up no-one he regarded as being a serious proposition.“We have had some expressions of interest. But every time when I

asked the question ‘Could you please verify you have funding?’ no one

passed the test. We have searched throughout the world with the

toughest advisers, but there is no one out there with real money in

their pockets. I like to see the colour of someone’s money before we do any deals and no one has shown us any.”The further point is that Smith and Jones don''t have to court investment, even though, as shown above, they have on at least two occasions. Given all they have said about being willing to sell to the right bidder, if someone did come along with an offer that stood up to rigorous scrutiny and fulfilled all sensible conditions they would have no choice but to accept.[/quote]And we should take comfort in the fact they are being so thorough in their search. I am quite happy with their stewardship, until the right investor comes along.

Oh well, maybe we are just a two bed bungalow with an average front an'' rear garden, (lovely kitchen and cooking range though) that requires an upgrade with a bit o'' modernisation? Maybe ditch the weeds an'' gravel - then lay a brick weave drive, flatten the old wooden garage and replace it with an auto door trendy brick design that''s big enough to accommodate a sizeable family car?......That''s for starters.....

Maybe then, we may attract an interested party or parties? But, it''s common knowledge, Norfolk Folk.......are suspicious of ''furriners''....and aren''t that keen on ''change''......

Bit of an oxymoron......isn''t it?......As Delia''s a Surrey Lass and Micky is a Taff......? Hey Ho......

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="City1st"]"I want at our wonderful club "our !bl eeding our ! ! !the club you accused of having board members who lie to fanswhose joint owner you accused of stealing money from the clubwho you attacked for having a board member who is gay, and according to you is a convicted class a drug userwho you have constantly slagged off for their appointment of Neil Adams as managerfor having no ''hambition''

''our'' club indeed

[/quote]

Just as another decent debate gets going up pops a regular thread spoiler.

Oh well, at least we all see you in your true colours.

[/quote]a decent debatewith " hard up little old Delia? "which is nothing more than yet another snide dig at Delia Smith which was the true purpose of your supposed decent threadas to my post being a spoiler, then I don''t see it bothering anyone elsethey simply ignore it

ps as to my true colours then they are green and yellow, just as they have been since on stood in the South Stand way, way back as a kidmaybe you could tell us what your true colours are, then we might know why you have such a hatred of our club

.......... as if most haven''t already guessed

All the fools who support Delia are voting for mid table medocrityDo not claim in 2 years time that we had  no ambitionLeague 1 here we come

[quote user="City1st"]

a decent debate

with " hard up little old Delia? "

which is nothing more than yet another snide dig at Delia Smith

which was the true purpose of your supposed decent thread

as to my post being a spoiler, then I don''t see it bothering anyone else

they simply ignore it

ps as to my true colours then they are green and yellow, just as they have been since on stood in the South Stand way, way back as a kid

maybe you could tell us what your true colours are, then we might know why you have such a hatred of our club

.......... as if most haven''t already guessed

[/quote]

Tic follows toc follows...................................

I couldn''t be happier with the owners we have, I absolutely dread the day they have to retire or whatever before some either Marcus Evans/Carl Oyston/Ken Bates type embezzler or Fernandez/Tan type owner who sells the soul of the club to sell shirts in Asia for self profit comes in.

We , along with other Swansea type clubs set an example for others on how to run a club, funded entirely off of ticket sales, merchandising and tv money and every penny of tat goes back into the club.

Oyston for example just pocketed 11 million of the parachute payments from Blackpool when they were relegated, that is absolutely disgusting, It''s not his club, it''s the fans and these clubs shouldn''t be run as a business to profit just one person. The fans paying extortionate amounts of money over the years for tickets really should have more say on what goes on at clubs as opposed to one guy who just happens to have more money than everyone else, then also takes the fans for complete mugs by basically stealing the money they pay into the club etc

So yea, no thanks

As far as investors go, we are free of any investment at the moment, apart from what DS/MWJ have put in.   Any future investment to make any real difference would have to be in the region of £100 million - ie. from people who have money as their motivation and not the club or the community.  

They can keep their £100m as far as I''m concerned.    As a club we are self-financing and well run and - holding our own financially, whether its in the championship or in the top tier.  If DS/MWJ do ever want to sell on, it surely has to be to someone who is a supporter and who can keep the ship steady - and that does not mean putting in zillions of pounds.   

The person/people who eventually take it on are more important than their money.