Sign in to follow this  
#

Reading takeover.

More than happy with Delia.

Most fans would give their proverbial ''right arm'' to have an owner that is there for the love of the club and isn''t looking to use it to make a profit or an investment. Look at the farcial nature of their previous takeover with the Russian who failed to pay up resulting in Reading having to sell le Fondre for £1m(!) so the club had enough money to cover wages etc.

Big money takeovers, apart from a handful, have provided the ''lucky'' clubs with only a temporary boost, generally followed by a long term slump. I dread the day Delia goes - it will remove one of the few certainties with Norwich and one of it''s strongest foundations.

[quote user="lharman7"]Wiz in yet another NCFC dig shocker![/quote]

I actually favour option b Iharman. [:|]

Certainly for the time being stick with Delia and Michael......BUT, in all seriousness, they are not getting any younger and there will be a point I''m sure when they no longer want it or cannot do it.

So, that''s when the challenge will hit the club because then change will have to happen....but lets wait until that point in time.

Jealous?.......no, if we took that view then we would be jealous of many clubs rather than just focussing on the great club we support who in recent years have achieved so much WITHOUT having a multi billionaire at the helm.....Marcus Evans anyone???

I dont think there will be many on this board on your side of the fence on this topic Wiz.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Certainly for the time being stick with Delia and Michael......BUT, in all seriousness, they are not getting any younger and there will be a point I''m sure when they no longer want it or cannot do it. So, that''s when the challenge will hit the club because then change will have to happen....but lets wait until that point in time. Jealous?.......no, if we took that view then we would be jealous of many clubs rather than just focussing on the great club we support who in recent years have achieved so much WITHOUT having a multi billionaire at the helm.....Marcus Evans anyone??? I dont think there will be many on this board on your side of the fence on this topic Wiz.[/quote]

My side is YOUR side Mark! [:@]

That will teach me, I missed your "option b" comment Wiz........so, correction......in this instance I am sure many will be on your side of the fence....now thats a rarity.................whats going on?

I''d like to see us follow the German model and become a fan-owned club. Just because other English clubs don''t do it does that mean we have to follow? The building blocks are already in place. We''re free from all external debts and are now self-financing.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wiz, it may have been best to have not just asked what option people prefer, but also put your prefered option also.

As for me Delia, she taught me cooking on BFBS when stationed in Germany lol

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]If you choose not to give your opinion then don''t be surprised when people assume you are up to your old Delia-bashing tricks.[/quote]

Give yourself a coconut Bor, that''s why I deliberately left my option out, I''m interested in seeing who makes those assumptions about me.

Dave didn''t make his opinion clear because he wanted to guage opinion before deciding which side of the fence to jump into. After his Fry bashing yesterday that completely failed he excercised a bit of caution today before deciding whether or not to have one of his Delia bashes.

Delia for me, better the devil you know etc.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Good choice! I also agree!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Good choice! I also agree!

How many clubs nowadays are actually owned by real fans? We are very lucky with Delia and Michael. They may not always get it right, but their love for the club cannot be faulted.

I wonder if that "German model" is possible? To have the club owned by the fans would be fantastic.....anyone an expert on here about how the German model actually works?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lharman7"]Wiz in yet another NCFC dig shocker![/quote]

I actually favour option b Iharman. [:|][/quote]

Even though you "hate the woman with a passion" Wiz? [:^)]

[quote user="InchY Van Dogs Dangly."]Dave didn''t make his opinion clear because he wanted to guage opinion before deciding which side of the fence to jump into. After his Fry bashing yesterday that completely failed he excercised a bit of caution today before deciding whether or not to have one of his Delia bashes. Delia for me, better the devil you know etc.[/quote]

Wrong wrong wrong Inchy. The last thing I want at our wonderful club is a Venkys/Tan type situation.

Cardiff will implode imo, red shirts and all, Hull are on borrowed time and don''t get me started on Marcus bloody Evans!

Now whilst I will never be Delia''s No1 fan, I do acknowledge her presence keeps the uber wealthy loonies away from our club.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I wonder if that "German model" is possible? To have the club owned by the fans would be fantastic.....anyone an expert on here about how the German model actually works?[/quote]

I''ve heard that the way to do it is to get a dicatorial type leader to push reform through at the expense of those that have the power at present and then create rules that force people to do as you say.   Oh, wait a minute..... 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I wonder if that "German model" is possible? To have the club owned by the fans would be fantastic.....anyone an expert on here about how the German model actually works?[/quote]

The German model is that every club has to have a system where ''50% +1'' of votes in decision making must be held by a fans group. The fans group then elect who to place on the board etc. Bayern Munich has 250,000 members who own around 75% of the club (I believe they recently sold a portion and use to own around 80%). Fans don''t vote on things like signings or whether to sack the manager or not but the idea of fan priority is ingrained in the clubs. This is another reason that German clubs have caps on how many season tickets can be sold, they feel that there should be a large number of ''casual'' tickets available so more fans get a chance to attend games - it also means ticket prices are lower.

Would be very hard for a fans group in England to raise enough money to buy such a stake in a club, however if Delia was in a generous mood she could donate all her (and her husband''s) shares to a fans group.

I doubt we need worry about succession planning just yet, DM. Her mother''s still knocking around in her nineties.

Hopefully plenty of life left yet in the old girl!

mmm velly interesting LDC....but seriously, this BBC article gives a little insight.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22625160

Swansea are the best example of fans being heavily involved in the Premier League. Usually it seems clubs have to hit rock bottom/near bankruptcy before fans can take ownership.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I wonder if that "German model" is possible? To have the club owned by the fans would be fantastic.....anyone an expert on here about how the German model actually works?[/quote][URL=http://s589.photobucket.com/user/dmacca666/media/heidi-klum-body-1853826899.jpg.html][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/heidi-klum-body-1853826899.jpg[/IMG][/URL]Here''s one! Not sure you''d call it ''working'' though...... [:S]

"I want at our wonderful club "our !bl eeding our ! ! !the club you accused of having board members who lie to fanswhose joint owner you accused of stealing money from the clubwho you attacked for having a board member who is gay, and according to you is a convicted class a drug userwho you have constantly slagged off for their appointment of Neil Adams as managerfor having no ''hambition''

you don''t even go to games ....... nor ever have

''our'' club indeed

you are as much part of Norwich City as a dog turd stuck on a cycle wheel is part of that cycle.............and about as welcome as well

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The German model is that every club has to have a system where ''50% +1'' of votes in decision making must be held by a fans group. The fans group then elect who to place on the board etc.[/quote]Haven''t we always more or less had that system at our club going back through time Bethnal? The only difference is our boards have often backed the club with their own money whereas a fans group would have to raise cash by other means (ie blankets, local businesses and fans groups raising money to buy players and later Watling getting Delia and MWJ to donate half a million pounds each to join the board etc). The big problem with English football is the governing body (the Football League) has always been weak. It has allowed clubs to spend well beyond their means in the hope of success. Those who''ve failed have found themselves in dire straits, desperate to sell and open to ANY offer that comes along, paving the way for unscrupulous investors to step in often with disastrous results (Portsmouth, Leeds, Coventry, etc). After several years of upheaval, Portsmouth seem to be recovering and are now run by a fans group led by local businesses, just as we''ve always had here....