Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Seb - reading between the lines

Neeyul seems to be dropping a hint or three

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/defensive_reinforcements_are_high_on_neil_adams_transfer_wish_list_at_norwich_city_1_3689115

AS has been discussed on here before, Bassong probably only came to the club because of his relationship with Chris Hughton. So, out of any of the players to be hacked off with his departure, then he will be and as a result, I am sure that nobody will be surprised to see him leave or, needs to read between the lines even.

For me, his first season with us was exceptional and at that point in time I viewed him to be one of the best two or three CB''s I have seen play for the club. Last season was a bit of a roller coaster for him, but he remains quality and I am surprised he hasnt moved on to a decent club yet.....perhaps he is waiting for CH to find a new club first.

I have no doubt the seb will be leaving in the next week or two, Adams clearly doesn''t rate him and in fairness after a great first season he has been really poor..

If only he was half as good as he thinks he is we wouldn''t have a problem.

He was a liability at times last year, switches off at key times, forgets to follow his man and cost us goals.

If he was any good he would still be at spurs.

Actually the only place where it says he is out of favour is the journalistic license.I think Adams probably does rate him as a player - but there is more to football than just kicking the ball around. Maybe Seb told him at the beginning of the summer that he wasn''t interested in staying. Perhaps the same could be said for Becchio and the reason they are not playing with the rest of the squad is that there is no point bedding or integrating players in who do not want to be at the club or have a bit of an attitude about it.Their heads need to be in the right place too. What interests me is that the journalists haven''t tried to speak to either of the players that went with the U21 team. We have heard from a lot of players now, Pilkington, Surman, Rudd, Ruddy, Martin and a few others.

We have three centre backs (1 out of favour, 1 who must finally show his potential and 1consistently ok),  2 right backs (one being a cb wannabe) and 2 left backs (one may leave).  In addition we have gafaiti (sp?) who may emerge this season.

I do think 2 players for each position is right so based purely on numbers we need at least one defender (whether rb or cb) in addition to any future departures.

Personally I would want a better rb (not sure elliott is really right there) than  the current options and an experienced cb.

No sign of him on the plane to Italy in Redderz, Adel and the Murphys pics...

That will go a long way to deciding what his future is. I can''t see a way back if he''s not on the plane.

After the Arsenal game at the end of the season I saw him and Yobo without a care in the world crossing Carrow Bridge on the way to the ground while the rest of the players were still doing the lap of dishonour. He doesn''t give tbe first toss about what happens here. Players like him and if he''s of the same mind, Becchio need to be as far away from here as possible.

We''re a CB short so we do need another CB (with a bit of pace). Hopefully Bassong will stay because he''ll be immense in this league