Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Ruddy rumour mill

I''ll make it clear from the off, that these are my thoughts and have not come from any ''official'' sources, but with people putting 2 and 2 together, with Bunn not going to Italy, does this mean that we are confident of keeping JR, with Rudd as the back up?

Never much threat in Ruddy leaving as there aren''t many clubs looking for a GK.

The only one that might pop up is Southampton, they are in the market for one and Dave Watson might recommend Ruddy - unless a lot of the rumours about the two of them not seeing eye-to-eye is true.

The only thing about Bunn not going to Italy shows is he hasn''t got a future at Norwich.

Personally, I''ve always been confident of keeping Ruddy, as if he was to have gone to another club, I believe he would have done it before now, two seasons ago.   The fact is he appears to be a family man who wanted his family and kids to grow up in  a settled environment, not swapping schools, moving them every year or two.   He is already at a great club in a great part of the country and his career can develop well here just as well as anywhere else, especially if we push for promotion this season and maybe back in the top flight the year after.   Ruddy and Rudd is a great pairing to have, Bunn is probably third choice now anyway.    

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally, I''ve always been confident of keeping Ruddy, as if he was to have gone to another club, I believe he would have done it before now, two seasons ago.   The fact is he appears to be a family man who wanted his family and kids to grow up in  a settled environment, not swapping schools, moving them every year or two.   He is already at a great club in a great part of the country and his career can develop well here just as well as anywhere else, especially if we push for promotion this season and maybe back in the top flight the year after.   Ruddy and Rudd is a great pairing to have, Bunn is probably third choice now anyway.    

[/quote]

Ruddy would have moved to Chelsea last summer had Norwich accepted the offer, he made that pretty clear in an interview.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally, I''ve always been confident of keeping Ruddy, as if he was to have gone to another club, I believe he would have done it before now, two seasons ago.   The fact is he appears to be a family man who wanted his family and kids to grow up in  a settled environment, not swapping schools, moving them every year or two.   He is already at a great club in a great part of the country and his career can develop well here just as well as anywhere else, especially if we push for promotion this season and maybe back in the top flight the year after.   Ruddy and Rudd is a great pairing to have, Bunn is probably third choice now anyway.    

[/quote]

Ruddy would have moved to Chelsea last summer had Norwich accepted the offer, he made that pretty clear in an interview.

[/quote]
But some players in that position would''ve pushed it if they really wanted to go.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally, I''ve always been confident of keeping Ruddy, as if he was to have gone to another club, I believe he would have done it before now, two seasons ago.   The fact is he appears to be a family man who wanted his family and kids to grow up in  a settled environment, not swapping schools, moving them every year or two.   He is already at a great club in a great part of the country and his career can develop well here just as well as anywhere else, especially if we push for promotion this season and maybe back in the top flight the year after.   Ruddy and Rudd is a great pairing to have, Bunn is probably third choice now anyway.     [/quote] Ruddy would have moved to Chelsea last summer had Norwich accepted the offer, he made that pretty clear in an interview. [/quote]

Its slightly different if your club accepts an offer and plainly are prepared to sell - then it would be an obvious time to move on.  I see nowhere in his interview last year that he would push for a move.  Being flattered, isn''t the same as him pushing for a move.

“I

was flattered by the interest and I thank Chelsea and Mourinho for that

– and the level of interest they showed as well.“But

it wasn’t to be. It was all sorted fairly early doors before we started

pre-season, so I was ready to get my head down and work hard for

Norwich, and try to maintain my performances that I had last year. He

added: “It was very nice, very flattering – but it was something the

club didn’t want to look at and they were well within their rights. I’ve

signed a long-term deal here and I wouldn’t have signed that if I

wasn’t happy to see it out.“I’m more than

happy to be at Norwich. It was one of those where if it didn’t happen,

then so be it. I’m not going to kick up a fuss and force my way out.”

Sounds like that''s the case for most of our players. Would happily stay but would like to get back to the premiership.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Sounds like that''s the case for most of our players. Would happily stay but would like to get back to the premiership.[/quote]And the same with all our players, if the right offer comes in....

An Arsenal supporting mate of mine tells me that John Cross of the Mirror (I know it''s the Mirror) who is usually very reliable on Arsenal related news, says that John Ruddy was OFFERED to Arsenal by Norwich City. Probably a case of Ruddy willing to move, agent after a pay day, we wanted too much money, but Ruddy is happy to stay so everyone''s happy. But going by the record of John Cross certainly we were willing to offer Ruddy to Arsenal, providing they met what was probably a £6-8m valuation.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Sounds like that''s the case for most of our players. Would happily stay but would like to get back to the premiership.[/quote]And the same with all our players, if the right offer comes in....[/quote]

Of course all players would like to get back to the premiership, but most who are under contract and are settled here are not going to move. Some may, most won''t and at the end of the day, if the club don''t want to sell, the majority of players would be happy with that. After all, a club showing that they want to keep hold of them, is for most players a positive thing.   Ruddy has stayed, is happy to stay and will stay imo, as I can''t see the club wanting to sell him unless stupid money is offered such as £15m (equal to Cardiff''s valuation of Marshall). 

I suspect we have "offered" several players out - namely Bassong, Becchio, Bunn and RVW - all of whom won''t be here on 1st September.

If anyone else leaves I think it will be for quite big money.

[quote user="sgncfc"]I suspect we have "offered" several players out - namely Bassong, Becchio, Bunn and RVW - all of whom won''t be here on 1st September.

If anyone else leaves I think it will be for quite big money.[/quote]

Offering players is a misnoma.   Take Ruddy as an example - Ruddy is offered to Arsenal NCFC " - Here, Arsene, would you like to have Ruddy?Arsene -"Yes, please, how much?"NCFC - "£15m"Arsene - "F*ck off, you must be f***ing joking"Ergo it can be said we offer our players out......but it is not as if we are trying to get rid of them. It can mean quite the opposite (and I don''t think we would accept £6-8 million for him either,  as was suggested by some journo, spouting the usual tabloid line)

[quote user="sgncfc"]I suspect we have "offered" several players out - namely Bassong, Becchio, Bunn and RVW - all of whom won''t be here on 1st September.

If anyone else leaves I think it will be for quite big money.[/quote]We are in a good financial position, any player that leaves will do under our terms, not another clubs.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''d like to offer a few posters on here out[/quote]We should compare lists[;)]

I highly doubt RVW will leave.

I also highly doubt John Ruddy is worth any more than £8m to anyone. He just isn''t quite that good. Vito Mannone is better (and would be cheaper) for starters, and this is coming from someone who thinks Ruddy is a good goalkeeper. I have no serious qualms about him he just isn''t a £10m player.

Anyone who thinks me saying we offered Ruddy to Arsenal is in any way trying to stir the pot is wrong. I fully expected him to stay, as I knew we''d ask too much money and he isn''t unsettled.

Point is Ruddy has obviously asked his agent to have a look and see what''s out there, but I don''t see what''s wrong with that.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]I also highly doubt John Ruddy is worth any more than £8m to anyone. [/quote]

He''s worth £8m+ to us imo, especially if he saves us points - which he will - on the way to promotion - but if anyone asks about him, putting a much higher valuation such as £15m is a good "hands off" sign.   If they are so stupidly rich they want to pay £15m then all well and good, we surely can''t turn down that kind of money.  But anything less and he''s ours and we need him for his ability and experience.