Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Gafaiti..

I don''t know a whole lot on this lad, opinions on him and could this be his break out season?..

[quote user="AidanC"]I don''t know a whole lot on this lad, opinions on him and could this be his break out season?..[/quote]Only really watched him a few times, but he did stand out. I think he is pretty well thought of.I think him and Loza are the ones most likely to be around the first team this season.

[quote user="AidanC"]I don''t know a whole lot on this lad, opinions on him and could this be his break out season?..[/quote]

Will almost certainly get his chance at some stage this season unless we sign another right back as cover for Whittaker.   If Martin is to be a central defender from now on, as most expect, he won''t want to be diverted back out on the right if Whittaker is injured/suspended. 

He seems to have done well in the chances he has been given, but he is very much a CB not a RB. Great enthusiam as well, and is often the first player there to congratulate the scorer after a goal.

I think they meant if whittaker gets injured martin will have to move back to the right and someone else stepping in for martin at centre half.

Monsieur Gafaiti is a very focused lad, about 6ft 1" and a bit, who IMO will be an asset to our club.

Calm under pressure, two footed, good in the air and can pass a ball.

Still has a bit to learn and suspect he may go on loan unless we need him, but personally wouldn''t have a problem with him learning his trade with us as I think he would be a quick learner.

Keeps himself under the radar and for a 20 year old (turned 20 last Wednesday) has his feet on the ground.

Definitely one for the future if not this season then defiitely next.

For the first time in a very long time we have some great youngsters about to burst into the first team.

The category 1 academy is starting to pay its way

So would you say we should look more into our own prospects rather than going else where to fill the CB hole?

[quote user="AidanC"]So would you say we should look more into our own prospects rather than going else where to fill the CB hole?[/quote]I don''t think he is quite ready for a regular starting place in the team, so, no.