Sign in to follow this  
#

Do you trust Adams?

To do the job and not be the boards puppet..............

:coat

To coin a phrase Wiz, sometimes it''s better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to post and remove any doubt.

Why should there be any difference between the two? Are you suggesting that either the Board or Adams in any way wishes the Club to fail? Surely there is a coincidence of desire and ambition for the club to succeed?

While on the subject, Adams has a three year deal, or is it four? You must be very cynical to suggest that they will reward Adams for failure. Why would they do this The Board may have made mistakes - they did so in allowing Hughton to stop so long, but I have little doubt that they wish the club to succeed, and in this are one with Adams.

He''s done nothing so far to make me not trust him, quite the contrary in fact. He has promised to play attacking football and he kept that promise at Dereham with both the diamond and a 4-4-2 used in the two halves. His comments on tactics in the Pink''un today backs this up:

“You just have to have a look at things. What you don’t want to do is become fixed. Last season perhaps we weren’t flexible enough and then you become too easy to read and to deal with and teams know how you play,” said Adams. “If it is working well then of course you stay with it, but I also believe you need to have a plan B from game to game and during games as well. That served us well in the last five games of last season, albeit we didn’t win one of them, but certainly the Liverpool game we had to change it and the players were comfortable and we saw what happened in terms of the performance. We played the diamond at Fulham and it worked really good. It is important to get players who are comfortable with the way you want to play and if we come up against opposition who we feel are weak in the full-back areas then we can perhaps flatten out in midfield. Similarly if they are weak centrally we can look to overload in those areas and the diamond is an option.”

He also said that he''d have liked a higher tempo in the game, but that the sticky pitch made that more difficult. Sounds good to me.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/neil_adams_diamonds_are_not_forever_for_norwich_city_1_3682872

Trust Is earned. He did little to earn it at the end of last season so lost fans will have a question mark until they see results.

I exclude the 2 love birds Morty and LDC who have blind faith in him like they did with Hapless Hughton

“You just have to have a look at things. What you don’t want to do is become fixed. Last season perhaps we weren’t flexible enough and then you become too easy to read and to deal with and teams know how you play,” said Adams. “If it is working well then of course you stay with it, but I also believe you need to have a plan B from game to game and during games as well. That served us well in the last five games of last season, albeit we didn’t win one of them, but certainly the Liverpool game we had to change it and the players were comfortable and we saw what happened in terms of the performance. We played the diamond at Fulham and it worked really good. It is important to get players who are comfortable with the way you want to play and if we come up against opposition who we feel are weak in the full-back areas then we can perhaps flatten out in midfield. Similarly if they are weak centrally we can look to overload in those areas and the diamond is an option.”

That comment will do for me. More attacking football and a plan B. Yes I trust NA.

[quote user="Salopian"]Why should there be any difference between the two? Are you suggesting that either the Board or Adams in any way wishes the Club to fail? Surely there is a coincidence of desire and ambition for the club to succeed? While on the subject, Adams has a three year deal, or is it four? You must be very cynical to suggest that they will reward Adams for failure. Why would they do this The Board may have made mistakes - they did so in allowing Hughton to stop so long, but I have little doubt that they wish the club to succeed, and in this are one with Adams.[/quote]

I deliberately only asked the question Salopian, yes, I have an answer but I will hold off a while before giving it.

I think we have to trust him. The way I look at this summer is, I''ve largely switched off from Norwich matters. Last season was quite exhausting.

I don''t have a particular interest in who we sell, who we sign or what our backroom staff looks like. I can''t be bothered to get up in arms about such things. I''ll start paying attention again around a week before our season kicks off.

Well, if you write off the final 5 games of last season, where circumstances were exceptional, he has not kicked a ball in anger (as manager) yet. So it''s a little early to answer Wiz''s question.It is true that trust has to be earned, so to give a sensible answer to it we''ll have to see how things pan out between now and the end of the year.

Haven Canary"]Trust Is earned. He did little to earn it at the end of last season so lost fans will have a question mark until they see results.

I exclude the 2 love birds Morty and LDC who have blind faith in him like they did with Hapless Hughton

What an end of bell comment.

Im going to trust Adams until he fails. And before you go into it, i wasn''t a fan of Hughton after his first season at the club!

[quote user="lharman7"]Haven Canary"]Trust Is earned. He did little to earn it at the end of last season so lost fans will have a question mark until they see results.

What an end of bell comment.

Im going to trust Adams until he fails. And before you go into it, i wasn''t a fan of Hughton after his first season at the club![/quote]Do you mind if I borrow your phrase "end of bell comment" please?I feel I may have several uses for it.

Do you mind if I borrow your phrase "end of bell comment" please?

I feel I may have several uses for it.

Morty, feel free but i fear it won''t be long before its over used!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So what do you reckon about Parks then Wiz.......Adams man or thrust upon him by ''the cook'' ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So what do you reckon about Parks then Wiz.......Adams man or thrust upon him by ''the cook'' ?

[/quote]

That''s off topic Til, sorry.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really Wiz because if he picked Parks as coach he is his own man but if Parks was handed to him against his wishes he falls into your ''boards puppet'' category.

[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really Wiz because if he picked Parks as coach he is his own man but if Parks was handed to him against his wishes he falls into your ''boards puppet'' category.

[/quote][/quote]

Spot the error. [:$]

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]what, a penis. bet you''re delighted buh[/quote]Come on now , LC. ''Penis'' is two syllables.Old Rigor Mortis is much more at home with one syllable stuff, like c*ck, t!t, ''bell'', ''end'', pr*ck'' and the like. He finds longer words too taxing.

Reggie immediately licking round anyone having a go at me shocker.You''re a pathetic man Reggie, you really are.

It''s a good shout he does seem to have an unhealthy interest in the male sexual organ. It probably goes back to those lonely nights when he was in the armed forces and only had male company to pass the long and cold evenings

...and licking ''round'' people, i''m guessing that means another mans bum?

Don''t want to cast aspersions... But i''m horny as hell reading all this foreplay chat - do we have to go private cam later Morty, or is the whole show for free on here?

You people are strange, and its yourselves you should be worrying about, not me.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]awwww bless :''(

the poor lad has called other people strange whilst glossing over the fact he systematically abuses certain posters on the site.

:''([/quote]The basic mistake you are making there LC is that anybody gives a monkey''s about what he says.Most folk gave up taking him seriously months ago.

Poor attention starved Reggie, who has to poke at me, just to get attention.[:(]