Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

We are swapping Becchio for Holt.

2+2=5

It''d be a nice convenient move. Not sure it''d be the wisest of moves but if we only lose Becchio out of it, then what''s to lose? Wigan were in for Becchio when we got him initially and most likely want rid of Holty so I suppose it''s plausible, I doubt it''ll happen though.

Is this so ridiculous? What would we have to lose. At the moment we have a striker we refuse to play but bafflingly seem unwilling to sell. I wonder if anyone could tell me how many competitive minutes Becchio has played since we signed him. Becchio has had absolutely no impact or influence on the team or squad. So even if we swapped him for Holt and the exact same was true, how could we have lost anything? At least Holt was a leader and positive dressing room influence

Holt was also a massive trouble maker.

Just sell Becchio, there is no need for a 5th (6th if you count Loza) striker. Holt lost his edge after Norwich sold him, he always relied on regular matches to help keep his fitness in check (he started every season with Norwich slowly) so would be an awful player to have around for the occasional game.

never go backhe was superb at the time and typified so much about those two, if not three seasonsbut this is not that timehis wages would be better spent on a younger player

as to Becchio this is one great unexplainedhe proved he could do it in the Championship and it must be hugely frustrating for him having ''lost'' a season and a halfas with RVW I would still love him to be given a chance to prove what he can do

What if this kind of swap was the only way to move Becchio out though, in the same way we could only get rid of Morison by swapping him for Becchio. If you couldnt sell him (I know he could be released, but for the sake of healthy debate) would you take the swap? Cant imagine Becchio is a good dressing room influence...

nodifferent timesand I doubt Holt would want to be a back as a bench warmertreated more as a mascot that a playerBecchio could be moved quite easily, if neededso the premise of the debate is flawed

For the life of me I cant understand why hughton didnt move Becchio on. From the moment he came to the club he seemed reluctant to pick him under any circumstance. What is the point of having him under those circumstamces, he is literally useless. Why not have a youth team player filling his squad place. Will also play zero minutes but wont get frustrated and sow seeds of discontent at the lack of game time. Adams seems no keener to use Becchio than hughton, so why not just get rid. Unless of course we''ve ruined his value and the only way to get rid would be to release, meaning we''d lose his book value and need to pay compensation

To me, Becchio is the same as RVW. It''s a confidence thing. Becchio has already provided what a prolific striker he is at this level. It''s a v ery long season + cup games. Much depends on his attitude in training, but given a chance he could really shine.Trouble is, with Lafferty, Grabban, Hooper & RVW (if the latter are to stay) with Becchio, some of them are not going to be playing regularly!

[quote user="Samwam27"]To me, Becchio is the same as RVW. It''s a confidence thing. Becchio has already provided what a prolific striker he is at this level. It''s a v ery long season + cup games. Much depends on his attitude in training, but given a chance he could really shine.Trouble is, with Lafferty, Grabban, Hooper & RVW (if the latter are to stay) with Becchio, some of them are not going to be playing regularly![/quote]I saw a few of his chances in cup games last season. He was utterly dire, immobile, and looked like he just couldn''t be arsed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Samwam27"]To me, Becchio is the same as RVW. It''s a confidence thing. Becchio has already provided what a prolific striker he is at this level. It''s a v ery long season + cup games. Much depends on his attitude in training, but given a chance he could really shine.Trouble is, with Lafferty, Grabban, Hooper & RVW (if the latter are to stay) with Becchio, some of them are not going to be playing regularly![/quote]I saw a few of his chances in cup games last season. He was utterly dire, immobile, and looked like he just couldn''t be arsed.[/quote]But Morty, that was under Hughton. Most of the team looked like that last season. You can''t knock that he scored 19 goals upto Jan for a very average Leeds. Perhaps he''s already resigned to not getting many chances this season with Lafferty, Grabban, Hoops & RVW???If Adams is praising RVW for his attitude in training, it doesn''t say much about Becchio?

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Samwam27"]To me, Becchio is the same as RVW. It''s a confidence thing. Becchio has already provided what a prolific striker he is at this level. It''s a v ery long season + cup games. Much depends on his attitude in training, but given a chance he could really shine.Trouble is, with Lafferty, Grabban, Hooper & RVW (if the latter are to stay) with Becchio, some of them are not going to be playing regularly![/quote]I saw a few of his chances in cup games last season. He was utterly dire, immobile, and looked like he just couldn''t be arsed.[/quote]But Morty, that was under Hughton. Most of the team looked like that last season. You can''t knock that he scored 19 goals upto Jan for a very average Leeds. Perhaps he''s already resigned to not getting many chances this season with Lafferty, Grabban, Hoops & RVW???If Adams is praising RVW for his attitude in training, it doesn''t say much about Becchio?[/quote]This was a cup game where we were pouring forward and scoring for fun, when we beat Bury 6-3. Becchio played the last 15 minutes and frankly couldn''t have looked less interested. Every other cameo where he was given a chance to impress he looked just as disinterested. Nothing to do with Hughton, everything to do with Becchio''s attitude.

Becchio given 10 minutes "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given 15 minutes "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a half "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a match "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a number of matches "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a time machine and te ability to replay every match Norwich city have ever been a part of "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Really wish people would stop the Cody McDonald sh*t with him. He''s not Lionel messi and he isn''t the answer to our problems. Never was and never will be. He was collateral in a deal to get Morison away from the club.

[quote user="Buh"]Becchio given 10 minutes "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given 15 minutes "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a half "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a match "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a number of matches "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Becchio given a time machine and te ability to replay every match Norwich city have ever been a part of "we don''t know, we haven''t seen enough of him!

Really wish people would stop the Cody McDonald sh*t with him. He''s not Lionel messi and he isn''t the answer to our problems. Never was and never will be. He was collateral in a deal to get Morison away from the club.[/quote][Y]

He will never come back

1 he wants to be up north closer to home

2 when he moved from his house in hethersett it was without doubt with reason of never returning to ''dump'' Norfolk

3 he ain''t good enough no more