Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

DO WE...

Really want to become a established premier league club.. or do we want to become a very good championship club.. because as other premier league teams such as CHARLTON, BOLTON, NEWCASTLE, ETC ETC all the true fans can no longer afford to attend the games because of ever increasing season tickets prices.. it would do me in if i thought some wealthy business man was seating in my seat.. after all the years i have been sitting there spending my hard earned wages..ASHTON THE NEW IWANNORFOLK THROUGH AND THROUGH ONE OF THE REMAINING FEW

[quote]Really want to become a established premier league club.. or do we want to become a very good championship club.. because as other premier league teams such as CHARLTON, BOLTON, NEWCASTLE, ETC ETC all...[/quote]

What a complete load of rubbish.  

Financial Security or Financial Worry?  Beating Man Utd or beating Hull?  Taking the club forward or keeping the club static / going backwards?  Premier League or Championship?

If you would rather City stay in the Championship so you can keep your seat and cling onto some sort warped concept that you a "true" fan and others at Carrow Road aren''t then so be it.  I expect however you will not be quite as happy when Greeno, Hux, Deano, Safri and Shackell all move to another club who have more ambition than just finishing mid-table in the Championship every season.

Premiership beats Championship any day. Winning the championship is great and probably better than an average mid table Charlton type season. but to be a top team forever in the champ would be so frustrating because it would mean losing in play offs every year. You cannot be a top team without going up.

So saint canary.. youre probably not a season ticket holder... or you earn far to much money to worry about not being able to go.. did i say finish mid-table.. and for beating hull... have we played them yet.. and for ambition , green, deano.. they will leave if and when a big club comes in no matter where or what league were in..

[quote]So saint canary.. youre probably not a season ticket holder... or you earn far to much money to worry about not being able to go.. did i say finish mid-table.. and for beating hull... have we played t...[/quote]

I am aware we have not beaten Hull, I merely mentioned them to point out that playing Hull cannot compare to Man Utd.

At the end of the day Zema, you posed the question of do we want to be an established Premiership Club or a very good Championship club.  You didn''t like my assumption, so maybe you should clarify what exactly a "Very Good Championship Club" is? 

Whether Deano and Green will leave whatever happpens is irelevant.  It''s undeniable that not aspiring to be in the Premier League is unambitous.

I can well understand Zema'' position. I''ve a mate who lives way down in the west country. Spent all the 70''s in the Barclay, journeyed home quite regularly for home games in the 80''s and would always be at those godawful games at Reading, Port Vale and Palace on some wet tuesday night. As I was in London it was easy for me to get to most games home and away. For him him was bunking off work early and long journeys to and fro. But never failed.

But what now ? Little chance of a ticket. If we go up the price will be ok for those who want to be at the big occasions but may prove a bit hard for many other''s.

You never stop being a City fan but when I look round at many of them in Carrow Road I wonder when they started. They certainly weren''t there a few years back. And I''ve got a funny feeling that they won''t be there in a few years time if we are not in the Premiership.

Hopefully the seats will still be warm when some of us get our club back.

[quote]Really want to become a established premier league club.. or do we want to become a very good championship club.. because as other premier league teams such as CHARLTON, BOLTON, NEWCASTLE, ETC ETC all...[/quote]

Although it would be a damn site easier for me to get a ticket if City remained in the CCC for a few years, I would rather do without that pleasure, and have City in the Premiership again.

As a City fan, its an easy question to answer, its got to be premier league every time Zema.

[quote]I can well understand Zema'' position. I''ve a mate who lives way down in the west country. Spent all the 70''s in the Barclay, journeyed home quite regularly for home games in the 80''s and would always ...[/quote]

Dan, I understand your argument as that is the position I find myself in.  I used to go to every game but now I either cannot make it or I cannot get a ticket but it''s the price you pay for success and I want City to be successful.  I would like to think that City are aiming to be an established Premier League club not just a good Championship Club.  

It''s a small price to pay to watch premiership players, quality of football, and all the things that goes with being a prem club - season tickets are in such demand that people are prepared to pay that bit extra. If you don''t want your ticket mate, I''ll have it!

zema

It''s a valid question but the answer has got to be yes because of the financial stability

However, the question i find more difficult is do i want to support a club along the lines of chelsea, arsenal or man u? Personally, despite the whining from the man u fans since the glazers took over, i believe these clubs are only in it for the commercial aspects. Buying success brings no pleasure.

To be honest, i think we can do without them and they can clear off and form a european super league with the other so called big teams on the continent.

That will leave the remaining clubs, the ones who cannot afford to bring on £60m worth of substitutes on every game, to compete on more equal terms.

Yes, i tottally agree, i hate all the big clubs and would love it if they cleared off to form a Euro super league. It would make the premiership so much more interesting.

There was alot of talk about a euro superleague being formed a while back but it has gone quiet recently. Hope the Glaziers can get one sorted out for everyone.