Sign in to follow this  
morty

Tickey prices.

How long before the Premiership is shamed into following this example?[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsd53d3260.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsd53d3260.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I never buy turkey nowadays ... too expensive.

I blame that Bernard Matthews.[/quote]4/10

I know what you mean Morty, like when you buy DVDs and the price tickets leave a tickey mark on the case.

Tickey prices, they should be ashamed of themselves.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I never buy turkey nowadays ... too expensive.

I blame that Bernard Matthews.[/quote]4/10[/quote

]

Five?.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I never buy turkey nowadays ... too expensive.

I blame that Bernard Matthews.[/quote]4/10[/quote

]

Five?.[/quote]4.5, thats my final offer.

Its a good example. And this is why German clubs play for full houses every week, with fantastic support.

If you don''t believe me, travel to Dortmund and experience a home game there. Superb.

Then travel to Chelsea and see all the japanese tourists taking pictures. You will all understand the the Premier League is a product that will kill itself in a few years time.

Football has got to be affordable for the average (local) fan. If the clubs can´t afford to bring in good players because they can not afford it, then so be it. Recruite local or national players instead. Supporters will always come to support their team anyway, as long as it is affordable.

The Germans have made the right decision (they did it back in 2001-2002).

Note also that the reason the prices for season tickets are that low in Germany is because the clubs are owned by the supporters (50% minimum).

Hoeness is a master of making £104 remain £104 given his mastery of the german tax system...

easy, and justified, pop as the english ticketing approach but he and Bayern hardly in a fit place to throw financial stones

Although their football is simply superb

Amazing.  World Cup winners.  Safe standing allowed.  Season Ticket prices £104.  Fans having some ownership of their club. Great atmospheres.  Beer for sale on terraces at some grounds. 

Can''t fault the Germans for their vision and ability to make things work for their fans.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Hoeness is a master of making £104 remain £104 given his mastery of the german tax system...

easy, and justified, pop as the english ticketing approach but he and Bayern hardly in a fit place to throw financial stones

Although their football is simply superb[/quote]The point about what clubs charge on the gate still stands, the prices Premier clubs charge simply cannot be justified.

In no way am i disagreeing with you Morty - hence my "justified" part of post on the pop at english football.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]In no way am i disagreeing with you Morty - hence my "justified" part of post on the pop at english football.[/quote]I missed your "justified"[Y]Gary Lineker has got hold of this on twitter too, I hope it prompts some discussion.

£104 for season tickey !! thats unbelievably good value, ours are £ 499 ffs ! in the championship!

Am going to portugal in october, it''ll only cost €30 for a one-off,top seat at the stadio de luz to see benfica, a middling european team.

Bayern are currently one of the best in Europe, with a squad containing numerous world cup winners, £104 for an ST would help to make up for living in s germany , leather shorts etc.

Problem is that you might not be able to get a ticket because the demand would be astronomical at that price. Unfortunately with me living a long, arduous 400 mile round drive from Norwich. I can only go to the odd home game and then the away games up north so what chance would I have to be able to get a ticket on the day?